Pentax 1.4x HD AW is in stock at B&H

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,905
Like?
Pentax 1.4x HD AW is in stock at B&H
7 months ago

Hi folks,

The Pentax 1.4X HD AW is showing as in stock at BHPhotovideo.com.

Pentax 1.4x HD PENTAX-DA AF Rear Converter AW

Cheers.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Gary2010
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Re: Pentax 1.4x HD AW is in stock at B&H
In reply to brandrx, 7 months ago

Thanks Ron.  Got one ordered.....

Gary2010's gear list:Gary2010's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Chris Mak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,235
Like?

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

Cheers.

Ron

Well, I can only wonder about the Ricoh Europe web-store then, since my pre-order from 18-2 is neatly ignored, while user-reviews are popping up everywhere, including Europe. This is the "official" Ricoh web-store for Europe we are talking about, but they don't even have their own new 1.4 converter in stock, and have somehow been able to totally ignore a pre order placed more than a month ago.

I feel like I got in with the wrong guys. It's not that I can't put up with waiting, but this is just getting a bit ridiculous....

Sorry for the rant, but the Ricoh european web store s**s

Chris

justin23
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,245Gear list
Like?
In reply to Chris Mak, 7 months ago

Chris Mak wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

Cheers.

Ron

Well, I can only wonder about the Ricoh Europe web-store then, since my pre-order from 18-2 is neatly ignored, while user-reviews are popping up everywhere, including Europe. This is the "official" Ricoh web-store for Europe we are talking about, but they don't even have their own new 1.4 converter in stock, and have somehow been able to totally ignore a pre order placed more than a month ago.

I feel like I got in with the wrong guys. It's not that I can't put up with waiting, but this is just getting a bit ridiculous....

Chris

Not unheard of as often the official webstores, still have to order stock etc and compete with other retailers for stock. They get no special benefit for being part of the company.

-- hide signature --

Justin
--------------------------------------------------------
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/justinwatson

justin23's gear list:justin23's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 16-45mm F4 ED AL +11 more
kriztian
Contributing MemberPosts: 627
Like?

They sure know how to charge. Very expensive.

-- hide signature --

kriztian

Chris Mak
Like?
In reply to justin23, 7 months ago

justin23 wrote:

Chris Mak wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

Cheers.

Ron

Chris

Not unheard of as often the official webstores, still have to order stock etc and compete with other retailers for stock. They get no special benefit for being part of the company.

Ah yes, I simply had a totally wrong picture of the so-called "official Ricoh web store". I thought it would be among the first to have sound stock of the converter. I now at least know better than to ever pre-order on a so called official web store. Just my trusted local camera store will do as it will get me the stuff equally fast or faster.

shutterbobby
Regular MemberPosts: 472
Like?

Chris

Ah yes, I simply had a totally wrong picture of the so-called "official Ricoh web store". I thought it would be among the first to have sound stock of the converter. I now at least know better than to ever pre-order on a so called official web store. Just my trusted local camera store will do as it will get me the stuff equally fast or faster.

Talking to Ricoh Denmark found out it will be in stock the 18th March,so should be in stock now.Price here is about €426,so cheaper than US prices

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Chris Mak
Like?
Re: Ok, I withdraw what I said about the Ricoh webstore
In reply to shutterbobby, 7 months ago

Chris

Talking to Ricoh Denmark found out it will be in stock the 18th March,so should be in stock now.Price here is about €426,so cheaper than US prices

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Suddenly, after a week of silence following the failure to deliver as promised, I got a mail last night and Ups express was at the doorstep today. Very fast and free of charge. And yes, Ricoh doés offer the converter relatively cheap here at 399,- euros.
I'll have time to put it to the test with the sigma 500 on monday. Contrary to Ron, that has all the lenses to try it on, I will be confined to just this one lens, but am looking forward to it nonetheless, and also very curious if AF works as Ron described.

Chris

awaldram
Forum ProPosts: 10,776Gear list
Like?

Chris Mak wrote:

Chris

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Suddenly, after a week of silence following the failure to deliver as promised, I got a mail last night and Ups express was at the doorstep today. Very fast and free of charge. And yes, Ricoh doés offer the converter relatively cheap here at 399,- euros.
I'll have time to put it to the test with the sigma 500 on monday. Contrary to Ron, that has all the lenses to try it on, I will be confined to just this one lens, but am looking forward to it nonetheless, and also very curious if AF works as Ron described.

Chris

As Sigma has stated this converter is not compatible with their HSM products (and  they of no plans to fix) I'll be interested in your experience.

None of my HSM lens work with this product.

awaldram's gear list:awaldram's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +11 more
brandrx
Like?

Chris Mak wrote:

Hi Chris,

I will be looking forward to what you find with your's on the Sig 500/4.5 lens. All of a sudden I seem to have trouble with my Sigma 500/4.5 + any 1.4X teleconverter, as I have written at:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53326734

I don't remember having that trouble before with my Sigma 500/4.5 lens, so I might just have a problem with my lens now.

I have found an intereting thing with my DA*60-250/4 lens though. Stacking a Pentax 1.4X HD AW and a Kenko 1.5X Pz_AF onto that DA*60-250/4 lens showed enough promise that I ordered a second Pentax 1.4X HD AW to try in place of the Kenko 1.5X. If anyone is interested in this "stacking" of TC's then see the following two links:

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53343990

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53344100

Ron

-- hide signature --

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

brandrx
Like?
awaldram...
In reply to awaldram, 7 months ago

awaldram wrote:

As Sigma has stated this converter is not compatible with their HSM products (and  they of no plans to fix) I'll be interested in your experience.

None of my HSM lens work with this product.

I found that to be true also. Shame.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Chris Mak
Like?

Chris Mak wrote:

Hi Chris,

I will be looking forward to what you find with your's on the Sig 500/4.5 lens. All of a sudden I seem to have trouble with my Sigma 500/4.5 + any 1.4X teleconverter, as I have written at:

I don't remember having that trouble before with my Sigma 500/4.5 lens, so I might just have a problem with my lens now.

I have found an intereting thing with my DA*60-250/4 lens though. Stacking a Pentax 1.4X HD AW and a Kenko 1.5X Pz_AF onto that DA*60-250/4 lens showed enough promise that I ordered a second Pentax 1.4X HD AW to try in place of the Kenko 1.5X. If anyone is interested in this "stacking" of TC's then see the following two links:

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron,
How is the sigma 500 without the tc on the K3?
Chris

brandrx
Like?
Chris...

Chris Mak wrote:

Chris Mak wrote:

Hi Chris,

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron,
Chris

Chris,

I havn't used my Sigma 500/4.5 that much for the last six months. I did test it with my K-3 but now I am going to need to test it again against sime birds to see if I am beginning to have problems with it.

See the threads from MightyMike and Greyser to see that the Sigma 500/4.5 (for them) does great on the K-3.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Chris Mak
Like?
Re: Chris...

Chris Mak wrote:

Chris Mak wrote:

Hi Chris,

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron,
Chris

Chris,

I havn't used my Sigma 500/4.5 that much for the last six months. I did test it with my K-3 but now I am going to need to test it again against sime birds to see if I am beginning to have problems with it.

See the threads from MightyMike and Greyser to see that the Sigma 500/4.5 (for them) does great on the K-3.

Ron

-- hide signature --

That's also my experience: the Sigma rocks on the K3.
So I'll eagerly test it with the 1.4 tc!

Gary2010
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?

OK

I got mine in and after a few shots I am really impressed.  Focusing works as well as it does with just the lens and no converter.  It also makes possible some nice pseudo macro shots with the DA300 and retains its sharpness.

Now to find some birds too test it on.

Gary2010's gear list:Gary2010's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Pentax K-5 IIs Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +11 more
shutterbobby
Like?

Chris Mak wrote:

Chris

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Chris

Hi Chris  where did you get it €399?  can't find it? since EU they must be able to sell to me here in Denmark  Thanks Shanti

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,573Gear list
Like?

shutterbobby wrote:

Chris Mak wrote:

Chris

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Chris

Hi Chris where did you get it €399? can't find it? since EU they must be able to sell to me here in Denmark Thanks Shanti

On idealo.de there are 2 stores selling it for 399 euro (Foto Koch and another); same price for idealo.fr. It's not in stock yet.

The Romanian distributor has it on their site for ~374 euro; it's not in stock either though.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Chris Mak
Like?

shutterbobby wrote:

Chris Mak wrote:

Chris

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Chris

Hi Chris where did you get it €399? can't find it? since EU they must be able to sell to me here in Denmark Thanks Shanti

At the Ricoh webstore. The European one. They list the converter as: "few left in stock". It does not matter which language you choose, I think they use the same supply centre, but here is a link to the German store, at 399,-

http://shop-de.ricoh-imaging.eu/hd-pentax-da-af-konverter-1-4x-aw.html

good luck!

shutterbobby
Like?

Thanks Chris..out of stock now.but best price so far..will order when they get some more in

oh just saw only Germany/Austria  shipping (: I know Ricoh has a Scandinavian dist. so maybe can't get it there..

-- hide signature --

LOVE LIFE & LAUGHTER

Barry Pearson
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,593Gear list
Like?
In reply to Gary2010, 7 months ago

Gary2010 wrote:

OK

I got mine in and after a few shots I am really impressed. Focusing works as well as it does with just the lens and no converter. It also makes possible some nice pseudo macro shots with the DA300 and retains its sharpness.

This is a nice combination for near macro work. An object about 2.5 inches long fills the frame at about 4.5 feet. (Roughly!) There are plenty of creatures that this is suitable for, and they may be spooked closer than this.

Barry Pearson's gear list:Barry Pearson's gear list
Pentax K-7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Pentax K-5 Pentax Q Pentax K-5 IIs +21 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads