News: Firmware roundup

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
drummercam
Contributing MemberPosts: 552Gear list
Like?
News: Firmware roundup
7 months ago

Is there any reason for non-reporting of Pentax's recent round of firmware updates?   You would think a "round-up" would cover all the bases.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,302
Like?
Re: News: Firmware roundup
In reply to drummercam, 7 months ago

drummercam wrote:

Is there any reason for non-reporting of Pentax's recent round of firmware updates? You would think a "round-up" would cover all the bases.

I think you can tell what DPR's attitude is with Barney's post in the comments section of the news bite. What is interesting to me is the passive nature DPR has about acquiring news stories that Barney shares in his post.

By Barney Britton

"We didn't get a press release from Pentax, as it happens (I just looked those updates up). All of those updates do the same thing as far as I can tell - adding support for the new teleconverter. Is there anything more interesting that I'm missing? Happy to put a news story together if so."

BTW, does anyone know if this is the first WR TC or only WR TC on the market? Looking for WR information for other brands is a trip down a rabbit hole I don't have time to take, so I'm hoping someone has researched this, or knows from experience in other brands.

Thank you
Russell

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
soheil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,132Gear list
Like?
In reply to Russell Evans, 7 months ago

Russell Evans wrote:

drummercam wrote:

Is there any reason for non-reporting of Pentax's recent round of firmware updates? You would think a "round-up" would cover all the bases.

I think you can tell what DPR's attitude is with Barney's post in the comments section of the news bite. What is interesting to me is the passive nature DPR has about acquiring news stories that Barney shares in his post.

By Barney Britton

"We didn't get a press release from Pentax, as it happens (I just looked those updates up). All of those updates do the same thing as far as I can tell - adding support for the new teleconverter. Is there anything more interesting that I'm missing? Happy to put a news story together if so."

BTW, does anyone know if this is the first WR TC or only WR TC on the market? Looking for WR information for other brands is a trip down a rabbit hole I don't have time to take, so I'm hoping someone has researched this, or knows from experience in other brands.

Thank you
Russell

It seems that Canon's new Extenders are WR.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/732113-USA/Canon_4409B002_Extender_EF_1_4X_III.html

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil
------------------------------
It's the singer not the song.

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs +18 more
Russell Evans
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,302
Like?
In reply to soheil, 7 months ago

soheil wrote:

Russell Evans wrote:

Thank you
Russell

It seems that Canon's new Extenders are WR.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/732113-USA/Canon_4409B002_Extender_EF_1_4X_III.html

Thanks, brilliant, so there is another. $500 for the Canon and $600 for the Pentax. I guess I can't complain about the price, but I sure do want to.

Thank you
Russell

soheil
Senior MemberPosts: 2,132Gear list
Like?
It's very interesting that ...
In reply to Russell Evans, 7 months ago

Pentax tends to usually implement less lens elements than others especially if the IQ's close to rivals:

Canon extenders: 7/3 (lens elements/Groups)

Nikon TCs : 5/5

Pentax : 4/3

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Soheil
------------------------------
It's the singer not the song.

soheil's gear list:soheil's gear list
Pentax Optio 330GS Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-5 IIs +18 more
Petroglyph
Senior MemberPosts: 3,029Gear list
Like?
In reply to drummercam, 7 months ago

It's okay drummer, the forums have kept me up to date on the PK FW.

Cheers.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Canon EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM
drummercam
Contributing MemberPosts: 552Gear list
Like?
In reply to Petroglyph, 7 months ago

Thanks, P.  Good to know.

drummercam's gear list:drummercam's gear list
Pentax K-01 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads