To All You "Masters of Photography" Who Called Me an Idiot... Locked

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
bbbinohio
Contributing MemberPosts: 962Gear list
To All You "Masters of Photography" Who Called Me an Idiot...
7 months ago

When I got my new D800e I took a few shots and was shocked how out of focus the images were.

When I posted them on this forum and asked for help, several of the most arrogant members told me that I was just another stupid idiot who did not deserve to be on this forum. That I did not know anything about photography and that I should learn to read my owners manual before I opened my mouth and made an obvious fool of myself.

So I just did my best to ignore them and sent my camera into Nikon for focusing issues anyway. Well, to all you "Masters of Photography" here is what Nikon Customer Service found...

THE AUTO FOCUS OPERATION NEEDED ADJUSTMENT

THE AUTO FOCUS UNIT WAS OUT OF ADJUSTMENT

THE MIRROR ANGLE WAS OUT OF ALIGNMENT AND NEEDED ADJUSTING.

I really have nothing left to say... except that I am glad you found the need to criticize me, because it allowed me to block 24 "Masters of Photography", and this forum has been a much nicer place for me to be ever since.

Thanks!

Bob, from Ohio

bbbinohio's gear list:bbbinohio's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +4 more
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Sergeg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,550Gear list
Re: To All You "Masters of Photography" Who Called Me an Idiot...
In reply to bbbinohio, 7 months ago

I feel your pain, these Forums tend to attract preditors trolling for victims.

Be your own person.

Sergeg's gear list:Sergeg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 +3 more
itchhh
Senior MemberPosts: 7,514

Please don't take anything around here to seriously.

-- hide signature --

He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose.
~ Jim Elliot

Fotoloco
Regular MemberPosts: 450

I did not see ur original thread or the responses, but you will get a big mix of folks on any anonymous internet forum. I posted a simple question not too long ago and had someone come along who went on and on about how I had no business trying to run a business and was so ill informed that I did not even know what I did not know. Just ignor and do not escalate. you can get a lot of really good info here, but have to filter out the idiots and know it alls. Good luck with your fixed D800.

xtranch
Regular MemberPosts: 346Gear list

As with any public venue, and especially photography, there are always a few people with arrogant attitudes that enjoy demeaning others. It is especially prevalent when direct face to face contact can be avoided. On the other hand there are plenty of camera owners who dont bother to read the instructions. you just have to weed out what you dont want. If you block too many you might miss something. As for the trolls, get a life. this has happened to me also.

-- hide signature --

Russell Christie

xtranch's gear list:xtranch's gear list
Nikon D800 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Carl Zeiss Biogon T* 2,8/21 ZM Carl Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM Carl Zeiss Makro-Planar T* 2/100 +5 more
grebe
New MemberPosts: 4

It's a great camera and you should really be able to get the best out of it now. Have a great time getting the best shots you can.

Andy

surrephoto
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Possible true identities of these trolls/masters/sith lords/shamans

It is my belief that some of these "Masters of Photography" may possibly have some form of highly secretive, unknown, deep, zealotous or cold-war gustapo-style relationship with Nikon & their management.

When all facts have been thrown on the table, & when Falk Lumo, Ming Thein & the oriental warriors of the 315 boxer rebellion have torn down the walls of the sacred city, the zealots raise from the dark to proclaim the messiah-like status of the Nikonian lords.

However, it could be as simple as having intense faith or intense fear that the second hand value of their precious Nikon gear may be potentially at risk due to such crusades.

So my friend, when the moment of truth draws nigh, do not fear those who scorn you. You have many who stand by you.

paulski66
Senior MemberPosts: 1,884Gear list
I'm glad you finally figured out how to use your new camera...

Now get out there and take some awesome pictures. Enjoy!

paulski66's gear list:paulski66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +6 more
T O Shooter
Senior MemberPosts: 2,017Gear list

bbbinohio wrote:

When I got my new D800e I took a few shots and was shocked how out of focus the images were.

When I posted them on this forum and asked for help, several of the most arrogant members told me that I was just another stupid idiot who did not deserve to be on this forum. That I did not know anything about photography and that I should learn to read my owners manual before I opened my mouth and made an obvious fool of myself.

So I just did my best to ignore them and sent my camera into Nikon for focusing issues anyway. Well, to all you "Masters of Photography" here is what Nikon Customer Service found...

I really have nothing left to say... except that I am glad you found the need to criticize me, because it allowed me to block 24 "Masters of Photography", and this forum has been a much nicer place for me to be ever since.

Thanks!

Bob, from Ohio

Glad you got it fixed. A lot of current Nikon bodies are a bit "screwy" to say the least. One time you could just buy a body and a lens or so and go shooting.

My problem, is especially with you Americans, all wrapped up in the Stars and Stripes, freedom of speech, amendments to no end, etc., etc., and you go blocking people. I'll get in all kinds of heated discussions, but the next day if the same person needed some help and if I could give him some, then I would.  I've been back and forth with Robert a dozen times, but block him - never.

-- hide signature --

Photography - It's a passion No other reason required.

T O Shooter's gear list:T O Shooter's gear list
Canon PowerShot G5
Carsten Pauer 2
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,225

because it allowed me to block 24 "Masters of Photography", and this forum has been a much nicer place for me to be ever since.

LoL, i have around 200...

ravduc
Senior MemberPosts: 1,241Gear list

If you think that was bad you should have read some of the stereotypes and insults directed towards DF owners. At one point in time it was like owning a DF was a mortal sin.

ravduc's gear list:ravduc's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica Digilux 2 Canon PowerShot G10 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850 Olympus E-3 +14 more
en792
Regular MemberPosts: 457Gear list
In reply to T O Shooter, 7 months ago

Glad you got it fixed. A lot of current Nikon bodies are a bit "screwy" to say the least. One time you could just buy a body and a lens or so and go shooting.

Which is a major reason I love my Df. Despite the thousands of words here from the cognescenti about its inadequacies, any lens I put on it is properly focused. No fine tuning and amazing IQ. So, I just go shooting.

http://donmacguy.smugmug.com
http://www.donmacguy.com/photoblog/

en792's gear list:en792's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G +6 more
joeybob
Contributing MemberPosts: 535Gear list
Out of curiosity...

Is your D800e a "new", used our refurbished model? I recently pulled the trigger on a refurbished D800 and given all the negative press here about the left sided focus bug and green LCD I'm wondering what the rest of your story is/has been...
Thanks

joeybob's gear list:joeybob's gear list
Nikon D3S Nikon D300 Nikon D200 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D +30 more
Shotcents
Senior MemberPosts: 3,961Gear list

bbbinohio wrote:

Thanks!

Bob, from Ohio

When it comes to problems with a Nikon camera, you sometimes feel like a scientist arguing with a creationist. It's hard to get beyond utterly blind faith.

I also took heat for posting about the D800 AF issues. As time went on I was proven right as more and more experienced shooters posted about the same specific problems.

My D800 still has poor AF on the extreme left point. Because some of my friends had TERRIBLE experiences with have theirs serviced, I opted to live with it. The firmware update for the D800 made my camera just about perfect otherwise and so I've made peace with the camera. It's a money making tool for me.

Though my D800 is a great camera, it did leave a bad taste in my mouth and I'll welcome a D800s or D900 when it comes.

Sorry you had trouble, but hopefully you can move forward. The D800 is an AMAZING bit of kit. It can do virtually anything well and in some respects it's the camera to beat even now.

To keep this in perspective, I've never had a perfect FX camera (Until the Df which is perfect so far.)

Cheers,

Robert

Shotcents's gear list:Shotcents's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7700 Nikon D800 Nikon D5200 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II +10 more
bbbinohio
Contributing MemberPosts: 962Gear list
Brand New. Less than 100 clicks.
In reply to joeybob, 7 months ago

joeybob wrote:

Is your D800e a "new", used our refurbished model? I recently pulled the trigger on a refurbished D800 and given all the negative press here about the left sided focus bug and green LCD I'm wondering what the rest of your story is/has been...
Thanks

The camera is so new that I wonder if I should ask for a completely new body if the repairs where that extensive.

Yes, NEW. (B&H)

Bob, from Ohio

bbbinohio's gear list:bbbinohio's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM Sigma 50mm F1.4 DG HSM | A +4 more
aut0maticdan
Contributing MemberPosts: 670Gear list
Is your camera any better now?

Has it come home yet or is it still out for service?

I don't have any recollection of your previous thread, but I'm in and out of here in several month chunks. Was your camera a recent purchase or did you use it for a while with the misaligned focus system and mirror? Was this service under warranty?

I'm sure modern Psychology courses have a field day with abnormal behavior on public forums.  I bet many are actually trying to convince themselves of things they are berating other people for.  (You should be out shooting!)  (There is nothing wrong with you camera!)  hehe

aut0maticdan's gear list:aut0maticdan's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Nikon D800 Sony Alpha 7S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
ebuddha
Regular MemberPosts: 185

bbbinohio wrote:

Thanks!

Bob, from Ohio

Nikonians and FredMiranda.com
Both have more mature audiences and quickly dispell any rudeness.
Give them a try.

soloryb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,208Gear list
Re: Brand New. Less than 100 clicks.

Bob from Ohio,

I would ask for a new body after what you described was wrong with the camera. Hopefully you are within the B&H return window. Fortunately you are dealing with the best of the best vendors out there.

I'm sorry to hear what happened to you on DPR. Your experience is far from unique but at least you are able to block future discourse with the offenders. Some on these forums forget common manners and insist on inflating their egos at the expense of others. There's no excuse for such behavior, period. On the other hand, most on these forums are polite and some are extraordinarily knowledgeable and willing to help.

soloryb

bbbinohio wrote:

joeybob wrote:

Thanks

The camera is so new that I wonder if I should ask for a completely new body if the repairs where that extensive.

Yes, NEW. (B&H)

Bob, from Ohio

soloryb's gear list:soloryb's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 28mm f/2.8D +9 more
glo
glo
Contributing MemberPosts: 986
Re: Brand New. Less than 100 clicks.

So Bob, did they fix it? How is it working now?

glo

bbbinohio wrote:

joeybob wrote:

Thanks

Yes, NEW. (B&H)

Bob, from Ohio

ADMint
Contributing MemberPosts: 910Gear list
Re: Possible true identities of these trolls/masters/sith lords/shamans
In reply to surrephoto, 7 months ago

surrephoto wrote:

It is my belief that some of these "Masters of Photography" may possibly have some form of highly secretive, unknown, deep, zealotous or cold-war gustapo-style relationship with Nikon & their management.

When all facts have been thrown on the table, & when Falk Lumo, Ming Thein & the oriental warriors of the 315 boxer rebellion have torn down the walls of the sacred city, the zealots raise from the dark to proclaim the messiah-like status of the Nikonian lords.

However, it could be as simple as having intense faith or intense fear that the second hand value of their precious Nikon gear may be potentially at risk due to such crusades.

So my friend, when the moment of truth draws nigh, do not fear those who scorn you. You have many who stand by you.

I just have to say thanks for the laugh, man that was great. Right on.

-- hide signature --

New to this forum, not to forums!

ADMint's gear list:ADMint's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads