This is called Priory Park (SX50HS)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
filibuster
Senior MemberPosts: 2,805
Like?
This is called Priory Park (SX50HS)
9 months ago

The forecast said that it was going to cloud over in the early part of the day, and it never did. However, I had already arranged to see my spritely 99 yr old ancient aunt in the afternoon, so never had the opportunity to further explore the beautiful area known as ‘The Malverns’. I’m sure there is more to offer the photography enthusiast in the delightful part of the Midlands UK and I therefore hope to hear from any of the locals, other recommendations.

Looking towards Swan Pool

March for most parts of England has been a good month so far, after a wetter than wet winter

Moving on

The Malvern hills is the backdrop waiting to be explored

Intended intense saturation!

Priory Church presumably

This sculpture was produced by Tom Harvey in June 2009 from a storm-damaged Cedar

Swan Pool

The Local Resident was about 30' away

This bridge was restored back to its original condition in 2010

Best regards to all

Keith

-- hide signature --

Quote hhgttg: Life is wasted on the living.
filibuster (Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, UK)
http://picasaweb.google.com/scenic.filibuster

Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,311
Like?
Re: This is called Priory Park (SX50HS)
In reply to filibuster, 9 months ago

Excellent color and saturation..maybe a little HDR in some..whatever, they are great to view!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
filibuster
Like?
In reply to Sactojim, 9 months ago

Sactojim wrote:

Excellent color and saturation..maybe a little HDR in some?

You could say that!!!!

Oloneo PhotoEngine is my favoured software.

Cheers Sactojim

-- hide signature --

Hollander
Senior MemberPosts: 1,369Gear list
Like?

Keith I enjoyed your photographic journey of the Midlands. Also your PP done with Oloneo created a very pleasing effect to the eye.

Thank you for sharing.

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

Hollander's gear list:Hollander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +3 more
filibuster
Like?
In reply to Hollander, 9 months ago

Hollander wrote:

Keith I enjoyed your photographic journey of the Midlands. Also your PP done with Oloneo created a very pleasing effect to the eye.

Thank you for sharing.

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

Thanks for that Rob. Not so sure the fine spell of weather is going to last, but getting out and about to witness the spring flowers and early blossom has been quite exhilarating after a most depressing winter. I hope to cover far more beauty spots of the Midlands UK this spring and summer than in previous years; the SX50 as my companion.

Keith

-- hide signature --

MurryG
Senior MemberPosts: 2,767Gear list
Like?

Keith,

Hard to pick a favorite out of your series because they are all very nice!

Murry

-- hide signature --
 MurryG's gear list:MurryG's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS
OpticGlass
Regular MemberPosts: 306
Like?

All sharp and beautiful, Keith.

Nice colors.

enemjii
Senior MemberPosts: 1,590Gear list
Like?

Awesome compositions, and beautiful landscape to boot.

However, way back in 2003 when I was looking for a camera I wanted to buy a Canon Powershot but could not get over the purple fringing it produced. Looks like that issue is still there after 11 years.

enemjii's gear list:enemjii's gear list
Sony SLT-A65 Sony a77 II Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +6 more
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,311
Like?
In reply to enemjii, 9 months ago

enemjii wrote:

However, way back in 2003 when I was looking for a camera I wanted to buy a Canon Powershot but could not get over the purple fringing it produced. Looks like that issue is still there after 11 years.

Ahh, and only a pixel peeper would severely crop and comment. You can find PF on many images from most any p&s and even from a 4/3 cam. Care to post yours? Oh wait, you don't even have one image in your gallery.

Augustin Man
Senior MemberPosts: 4,035Gear list
Like?

What a beautiful and versatile series ! I was delighted by admiring all your images!

Congratulations and thank you for sharing,

Augustin

Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600
Duskbat
Regular MemberPosts: 222Gear list
Like?

Sactojim wrote:

enemjii wrote:

Ahh, and only a pixel peeper would severely crop and comment. You can find PF on many images from most any p&s and even from a 4/3 cam. Care to post yours? Oh wait, you don't even have one image in your gallery.

Duskbat's gear list:Duskbat's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-6 Apple iPhone 5s
filibuster
Like?

enemjii wrote:

Hi enemjii and many thanks for your input. When I first started with digital, I was experiencing very much the same issues with Fuji cameras. Were going back to about 2001 and subsequent years where I traded through any number of models including 6800, 6900, 602 7000, (the list goes on!) And although there was something special about Fuji colours, the aberration near the frame edges and corners was depressing.

With a foray into different models and manufacturers from time to time, looking into my history it would seem that I have been getting the greatest satisfaction from Canon cameras and tinkering with shall we say, 'interesting software'! And here is the cruncher, because if you view the originalof the crop you have posted, you would think that PF was scarcely an issue. It’s like I have inadvertently exacerbated the fringing with my over-zealous manipulation of the image. Serves me right!

The original file before processing

And a hearty thanks to all that have posted a comment.  Much appreciated.

Keith

-- hide signature --

Norman B
Regular MemberPosts: 300
Like?

Nice pics.

enemjii
Like?

Sactojim wrote:

enemjii wrote:

I am not a pixel peeper by any means. I look at the picture, and the blue was distracting enough in this picture because a tree does not have blue leaves. If it did, I wouldn't bother. But if you mean to say the blue is not visible, then I have better eyesight than you have!

Sony SLT-A65 Sony a77 II Sony DT 55-300mm F4.5-5.6 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 85mm F1.4 EX DG HSM +6 more
filibuster
Like?

I am not a pixel peeper by any means. I look at the picture, and the blue was distracting enough in this picture because a tree does not have blue leaves. If it did, I wouldn't bother. But if you mean to say the blue is not visible, then I have better eyesight than you have!

Hi Enemjii: Have a look at my response in my following thread. I appreciated your input.

-- hide signature --

enemjii
Like?

filibuster wrote:

enemjii wrote:

Hi enemjii and many thanks for your input. When I first started with digital, I was experiencing very much the same issues with Fuji cameras. Were going back to about 2001 and subsequent years where I traded through any number of models including 6800, 6900, 602 7000, (the list goes on!) And although there was something special about Fuji colours, the aberration near the frame edges and corners was depressing.

With a foray into different models and manufacturers from time to time, looking into my history it would seem that I have been getting the greatest satisfaction from Canon cameras and tinkering with shall we say, 'interesting software'! And here is the cruncher, because if you view the originalof the crop you have posted, you would think that PF was scarcely an issue. It’s like I have inadvertently exacerbated the fringing with my over-zealous manipulation of the image. Serves me right!

The original file before processing

And a hearty thanks to all that have posted a comment. Much appreciated.

Keith

-- hide signature --

Serves you Right! Stop messing with the photoshop so much

I am glad the purple fringing that I saw was not straight out of the camera! Gives me hope that Canon has definitely made progress on this front.

filibuster
Like?

Serves you Right! Stop messing with the photoshop so much

I am glad the purple fringing that I saw was not straight out of the camera! Gives me hope that Canon has definitely made progress on this front.

Spot on: The cameras have improved quite significantly I feel, with each new iteration. Then it's down to idiots like me to 'cook' a moderately acceptable image.

Cheers

K

-- hide signature --

evancj
Senior MemberPosts: 2,245Gear list
Like?

All beautiful photos of a very beautiful and interesting place. Well done (as usual filibuster) great set!!!

evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Mcbrig
Contributing MemberPosts: 940Gear list
Like?
In reply to evancj, 9 months ago

Evan,

Looks Like the Pelicans are coming in, took these pics at Jensen pound this PM

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53337185

Mcbrig's gear list:Mcbrig's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600 Sony SLT-A65 FastStone Image Viewer
Mcbrig
Contributing MemberPosts: 940Gear list
Like?
In reply to Mcbrig, 9 months ago

Sorry!! I posted this in the wrong forum.

Mcbrig's gear list:Mcbrig's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600 Sony SLT-A65 FastStone Image Viewer
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads