Sony NEX-6 Mirrorless Digital Camera with Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens Kit

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
BigIggy
Regular MemberPosts: 253Gear list
Like?
Sony NEX-6 Mirrorless Digital Camera with Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens Kit
7 months ago

What a closeout on the NEX6 paired with the 16-70.  And the BH in the cart price is.....$1,299.  With a free camera bag and free shipping.

BigIggy's gear list:BigIggy's gear list
Nikon D700 Canon EOS 6D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
Sony Alpha NEX-6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
bill hansen
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,186
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-6 Mirrorless Digital Camera with Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens Kit
In reply to BigIggy, 7 months ago

Holy bargains Batman - that makes the NEX6 and camera bag $300! That is indeed a great bargain for those who don't need the A6000.

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
BigIggy
Like?
Re: Sony NEX-6 Mirrorless Digital Camera with Vario-Tessar T* E 16-70mm f/4 ZA OSS Lens Kit
In reply to bill hansen, 7 months ago

$300 for a NEX6 or $550 for a 16-70.  Which is where the lens should be priced and would be a must have.  It performs spectacularly at 70/4 (if something of a one trick pony) but it also a very steady performer across the range, with excellent brightness and rich color. And weighs next to nothing for a zoom.  By the way, BH is showing the combo no longer in stock but they will notify when available again.

Nikon D700 Canon EOS 6D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +10 more
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,138Gear list
Like?

$300 for a NEX6 or $550 for a 16-70.  Which is where the lens should be priced and would be a must have.  It performs spectacularly at 70/4 (if something of a one trick pony) but it also a very steady performer across the range, with excellent brightness and rich color. And weighs next to nothing for a zoom.  By the way, BH is showing the combo no longer in stock but they will notify when available again.

You would think that DOF at F/4 would look wide on this lens. It doesn't though and can produce very pleasant Zeiss like bokeh. The lens will outlast the camera and the buyer gets exceptional image quality.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
Gato Amarillo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,490
Like?

Definitely a bargain, and if I didn't already have both I'd be ordering now instead of typing this.

FWIW, I think the 16-70 is worth the thousand they ask for it. Before I bought it some of the comments here had me worried, but the more I use it the better I like it. The biggest selling point for me is the very even quality throughout the zoom and aperture range. I'm very happy to use it at any focal length and any reasonable aperture.

Gato

-- hide signature --

"We paint with our brain, not with our hands" -- Michelangelo
Portrait, figure and fantasy photography at Silver Mirage Gallery:
silvermirage.com

José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,492Gear list
Like?
+1 Gato, we're not alone: see final thought (on quality glass) of LL article
In reply to Gato Amarillo, 7 months ago

Gato Amarillo wrote:

Definitely a bargain, and if I didn't already have both I'd be ordering now instead of typing this.

FWIW, I think the 16-70 is worth the thousand they ask for it. Before I bought it some of the comments here had me worried, but the more I use it the better I like it. The biggest selling point for me is the very even quality throughout the zoom and aperture range. I'm very happy to use it at any focal length and any reasonable aperture.

Gato

-- hide signature --

silvermirage.com

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/what_matters.shtml

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
EinsteinsGhost
Forum ProPosts: 11,537Gear list
Like?
Re: +1 Gato, we're not alone: see final thought (on quality glass) of LL article
In reply to José B, 7 months ago

Gato Amarillo wrote:

Gato

-- hide signature --

silvermirage.com

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/essays/what_matters.shtml

I can't justify spending a grand on a lens today due to budget constraints, otherwise this lens would be on top of my list for a zoom.

EinsteinsGhost's gear list:EinsteinsGhost's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F828 Sony SLT-A55 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM Sony 135mm F2.8 (T4.5) STF +12 more
BigIggy
Like?
Re: +1 Gato, we're not alone: see final thought (on quality glass) of LL article
In reply to EinsteinsGhost, 7 months ago

They've sweetened the deal.  Now you get the bag, the NEX 6, the 16-70 AND the Sony 20 2.8 "pancake" for $1,299.  Now if they'd throw in the 10-18 I'd pull the trigger. 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads