Started 6 months ago | Polls
Vlasty
Regular MemberPosts: 456Gear list
Like?
Buy or pass on V3? Poll.
6 months ago

Curious on what others think.

Vlasty's gear list:Vlasty's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 +11 more
POLL
Current 1 user that will buy the V3 eventually. Staying with 1 system.
49.3% 112  votes
Keep my current 1 camera and move to another system when it breaks.
18.9% 43  votes
Huh? What are they thinking? Im out now.
31.7% 72  votes
  Show results
Nikon 1 V3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
myzel
Senior MemberPosts: 2,044Gear list
Like?
Re: Buy or pass on V3? Poll.
In reply to Vlasty, 6 months ago

Vlasty wrote:

Current Nikon 1 user. Staying with Nikon 1. Buying V3 if current camera breaks otherwise waiting for the V4.

myzel's gear list:myzel's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Vlasty
Like?
In reply to myzel, 6 months ago

I should have added another option. New user to 1 system. Im in.

Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 +11 more
MrTaikitso
Contributing MemberPosts: 672Gear list
Like?

microSD slot? No thanks! What where they thinking? Macbooks have full size SD card slots! We don't want to faff around with adapters.

MrTaikitso's gear list:MrTaikitso's gear list
Samsung EX2F +1 more
Steve Krone
New MemberPosts: 19Gear list
Like?

Not only will I buy the V3, but I will keep my V1.   Don't understand how so many can be trashing a new product introduced for less than 8 hours!

Steve Krone's gear list:Steve Krone's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D +10 more
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,043Gear list
Like?

I will get the V3 when Nikon will have a "Fire Sale" the likes of V1. In the meantime, I will use my V1.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
myzel
Like?

Vlasty wrote:

I should have added another option. New user to 1 system. Im in.

Yes, that would be an other good option. Don't know if anybody would vote for that, but it would make the poll more balanced.

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2
JacquesC
Senior MemberPosts: 1,393
Like?

The V3 has my attention!

My only gripe is lack of integrated EVF, BUT the add-on EVF looks quite solid and might not be bad at all.

Looking on the Nikon Asia site at the feature list I must say that the technology packed into the V3 in quite astonishing! We might mumble about the ergonomics, what it is, what it is not, but in the end it looks like performance-wise there is nothing that even gets close.

If the IQ (especially low-light IQ) is a noticeable step-up from the V1, then I'm most definitely in !

-- hide signature --

Jacques
apple-and-eve.com

myzel
Like?
In reply to Steve Krone, 6 months ago

Steve Krone wrote:

… Don't understand how so many can be trashing a new product introduced for less than 8 hours!

It's fun. Trash it before anybody can prove you wrong with real world experience and images

In the end it's just a camera. Those who buy it will have their reasons and probably use it to take pictures. Just like anybody else who bought a camera.

Seedeich
Contributing MemberPosts: 889
Like?

myzel wrote:

Current Nikon 1 user. Staying with Nikon 1. Buying V3 if current camera breaks otherwise waiting for the V4.

Same approach here.

myzel
Like?
In reply to JacquesC, 6 months ago

JacquesC wrote:

… Looking on the Nikon Asia site at the feature list I must say that the technology packed into the V3 in quite astonishing! …

I agree, that noise reduction feature looks promising (taking a few pictures at high speed and then combine them to reduce noise) - it will probably only work with non moving subjects, but better than nothing.

Vlasty
Like?
In reply to Steve Krone, 6 months ago

Steve Krone wrote:

Not only will I buy the V3, but I will keep my V1. Don't understand how so many can be trashing a new product introduced for less than 8 hours!

I never trashed the 1 system. I actually liked it quite a bit. However no longer being able to use an external flash or the GPS unit concurrently with the EVF was a deal breaker.

nielzen2000
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?

I lik the new V3 waaaay better than the V2.

Nikon is going in the right direction with the design. I can live with the modular design. But i hate the tiltable LCD and the fact that it is touchscreen. My first DSLR was a Sony with a tiltable LCD. Never ever used it. I would rather have the EVF to be tlltable upwards. I wonder how much of the high price that LCD is responsible for.

Nikon should make a cheaper "serious" version of the V3 – loose the tiltable touch LCD, loose the WiFi, loose the popup flash, use the processor from the V1 or V2 – slow everything way down – i could easily live with 5-10 fps if the camera cost $499-$599,-.

/ Nielzen

-- hide signature --

Nikon V1 · Nikon J1 · Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 · Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 · Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 · Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G · Nikon FT1 · Nikon 1 SB-N5 Speedlight · Nikon ML-L3 Wireless Remote Control · Manfrotto 190XPROB · Manfrotto 322RC2 · Manfrotto MTT2-P02

Anthony Alongi
Regular MemberPosts: 216Gear list
Like?

No thanks.  Onwards and upwards.  New system in my future.

-- hide signature --

Tony A.

eclipsevv
Regular MemberPosts: 153Gear list
Like?
In reply to Anthony Alongi, 6 months ago

I have a V1, will move to V3 once price becomes more reasonable.

Micro-SD cards seems an excellent choice to me: it will allow users to put the card in a cell phone and use Internet directly and without fiddling with adapters or PCs!

dog house riley
Regular MemberPosts: 165Gear list
Like?

Vlasty wrote:

I'm going to get on board! I'll let it "hit" the market and see if it bounces"ala D600, after a few months and good responses and maybe a little downward spiral of prices, then I think its going to be just the ticket I'm looking for to move into the future.

I have my 70 300 VR and purchase the FT1 adapter and I should be good to go in long reach.

Yes I'm a candidate.

"dog house riley"

dog house riley's gear list:dog house riley's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D2X Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Canon EOS 100D +9 more
Microshooter
Contributing MemberPosts: 755Gear list
Like?

Vlasty wrote:

I think you should add another option. " Getting one now"

Personally I think Nikon did this 'right'.

I just ordered mine 10 minutes ago.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Microshooter's gear list:Microshooter's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +9 more
Nung
Contributing MemberPosts: 720Gear list
Like?

myzel wrote:

Steve Krone wrote:

… Don't understand how so many can be trashing a new product introduced for less than 8 hours!

It's fun. Trash it before anybody can prove you wrong with real world experience and images

In the end it's just a camera. Those who buy it will have their reasons and probably use it to take pictures. Just like anybody else who bought a camera.

From another point of view, trashing it is actually pretty good. Let's spread the rumour that N1 is really really crap........ Ooops too late! Ok so just call it V3 is really really crap! Since people nowadays only loves to pass on "information" but without actually finding it out the truth for themselves. Most people won't even bother picking one up at all, so the sales is not what they'd expect, forcing Nikon to drop their price quicker than they'd want. By the time it gets to X'mas, would probably have dropped 30% in price, making it an attractivebuy......... Wakakakaka (evil llaugh) XD!!!!

Nung's gear list:Nung's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +12 more
myzel
Like?
In reply to Nung, 6 months ago

Nung wrote:

myzel wrote:

Steve Krone wrote:

From another point of view, trashing it is actually pretty good. … By the time it gets to X'mas, would probably have dropped 30% in price, making it an attractivebuy......... Wakakakaka (evil llaugh) XD!!!!

I'm working on it };-)

rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 23,119Gear list
Like?
I voted 2

I'm still very disappointed with the way Nikon have been treating their consumer base, DX and CX, regarding lenses and pro level suppor (DX). I actually like the V3, despite the high price, which will come down quickly. I don't get their policies, which, btw, is the norm in the ML field, start very high and drop fast.

Nikon have always been about FF, and that is becoming more and more the case. They were never able, like Oly or Canon have, to produce excellent compacts (and I'm talking about their long history, since the 1950s). DX was an intermediate period, until the got the D3 right, and they have produced very few good dedicated zooms to that system.

I think I will give a chance to an m43, GX7 or OM10, and a fast zoom. If that works well in comparison to the D7000, I may drop DX as well and get an FF for when it's needed. But maybe it won't be needed. Nikon, you are slowly losing a long-time friend.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads