8 months ago
 SHood's gear list:SHood's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS
Adzor
Forum MemberPosts: 86Gear list
Like?
Re: Leaked images of the Nikon V3
In reply to SHood, 8 months ago

Oooh Can't really see how well the EVF sits on the connector. But looks interesting.

Adzor's gear list:Adzor's gear list
Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Adzor
Like?
In reply to Adzor, 8 months ago

Function buttons...

Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 32mm f/1.2 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6
SHood
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,130Gear list
Like?

Adzor wrote:

Oooh Can't really see how well the EVF sits on the connector. But looks interesting.

I don't like the idea of buttons next to the screen like that.  I would not recommend using them while the screen is pull out as I could see that eventually causing issues with the hinges.

-- hide signature --
SHood
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,130Gear list
Like?

Adzor wrote:

Function buttons...

And it looks like the grip not only adds the shutter button and 3rd Fn but it looks like another dial has been added to.  I am almost afraid to ask how much they will ask for the EVF and grip.

-- hide signature --
Adzor
Like?

I prefer the idea of a fixed screen. I really like my V1.

Adzor
Like?

It might replace the knob on the front that looks difficult to access with the grip on. I prefer without grip (V1 style). Hope the EVF fits snug and secure!

Aspenz
Contributing MemberPosts: 692Gear list
Like?
I think it looks gorgeous!

But seriously, it looks so polished... although I still can't figure out what the dotted cover means since the EVF attaches in the middle in the second photo.

Aspenz's gear list:Aspenz's gear list
Nikon 1 V3 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 +3 more
MattZisk
Contributing MemberPosts: 633
Like?

The video capability upgrade is very interesting (120 fps 720p, added 1080/60p, articulated LCD) as are programmable function buttons.

I think it's actually quite beautiful (a matter of taste, clearly).

It's obviously aimed at enthusiasts, which is great news.

Price and sensor performance will be key to Nikon being able to sell this camera in reasonable numbers.

The screen-side function buttons may be pinch-operated, so they don't bother me as leading to hinge wear.

rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 23,494Gear list
Like?
In reply to MattZisk, 8 months ago

MattZisk wrote:

The video capability upgrade is very interesting (120 fps 720p, added 1080/60p, articulated LCD) as are programmable function buttons.

I think it's actually quite beautiful (a matter of taste, clearly).

It's obviously aimed at enthusiasts, which is great news.

Price and sensor performance will be key to Nikon being able to sell this camera in reasonable numbers.

I want to see an improved sensor, closer to the Sony 1" in performance. AF should be great. Now, Nikon, where's my fast midrange zoom? Yes, make just one, sell it to me ;-).

The screen-side function buttons may be pinch-operated, so they don't bother me as leading to hinge wear.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Adzor
Like?
Re: I think it looks gorgeous!
In reply to Aspenz, 8 months ago

Especially in black. Looks a bit like a hybrid V1/V2/J.
Isn't the second cover for a pop up flash?

Apteryx6
Contributing MemberPosts: 848
Like?
Re: I think it looks gorgeous!
In reply to Aspenz, 8 months ago

Aspenz wrote:

But seriously, it looks so polished... although I still can't figure out what the dotted cover means since the EVF attaches in the middle in the second photo.

That is likely to be a built in flash. Since there is no flash hot show on top of the EVF connected to the hot show on which the EVF is mounted, it would be your only means of using flash with the EVF attached. That could be OK if the rumour of CLS compatibility is true.

Whether it is worth upgrading depends on how much better (if at all) the sensor is, and the cost with EVF, and how secure the EVF is if left mounted permanently, and the battery it uses (for both compatibility with other Nikon cameras, and battery capacity). And what useful features of the V1 and V2 they may have decided to cut.

-- hide signature --

Apteryx

rhlpetrus
Forum ProPosts: 23,494Gear list
Like?
Looking carefully,

it's a V1 minus the VF hump, with a small grip and a few dials and buttons. And tilting LCD. This could have been the V1, I bet they'd have sold a lot more by now.

-- hide signature --

Renato.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/rhlpedrosa/
OnExposure member
http://www.onexposure.net/
Good shooting and good luck
(after Ed Murrow)

rhlpetrus's gear list:rhlpetrus's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 35mm f/2D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +3 more
Vlasty
Regular MemberPosts: 469Gear list
Like?
Appears to be EVF or flash.

Hot shoe appears to be the standard 1 series. I'm guessing the pop up is next to it.

Vlasty's gear list:Vlasty's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G Sony Cyber-shot DSC-QX10 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 +11 more
istreetshooter
Regular MemberPosts: 147
Like?

The lack of the built-in EVF is still driving me crazy. The "V" should be stripped from the name.

SavioHK
Forum MemberPosts: 51
Like?

Outlook, OK

Optional EVF, I need EVF, removable I can live with

Tilting LCD, u need it when u need it, I don't see any reason why u don't like

120 fps 720p, nice

20 fps AFC, nice

IOS, lets hope.....

New 10-30 VR, need no Lens Cap? can't attach filter?

Price? with AW-1 priced around 900, what can we expected on the New V3?

No 4K video? Ohh, my plan on 4K TV upgrade might postpone.... or maybe GH4?

Fstop85
Forum MemberPosts: 62Gear list
Like?

This looks like a huge step forward for the CX mount. It's good to see that Nikon are making an effort to play to this system's strengths. Then again - with so many new innovations in this category - they really needed to.
Can't wait to see some slow motion 720p examples.

Fstop85's gear list:Fstop85's gear list
Nikon D600 Sony a6000 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.4G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 35mm f/1.4G +5 more
iamthenewguy
Contributing MemberPosts: 831Gear list
Like?

Looks pretty sweet. Of course the big question is how the sensor performs, but aside from that I like the fact that it's modular. I don't think I'll buy this (too happy with the V2 and I can wait to see V4 and so on) but it's pretty cool that you could slap the 10mm on it and walk out the door with a tiny camera, then when you don't care too much about size attach the grip and EVF plus the UWA or 32mm and you have an extra function button plus the ability to frame in bright light. The only drawback of course is it's either flash or EVF, so I'm not sure how much I like that.

iamthenewguy's gear list:iamthenewguy's gear list
Nikon 1 V2 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 30-110mm f/3.8-5.6 Nikon 1 Nikkor 10mm f/2.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor 18.5mm f/1.8 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 6.7-13mm f/3.5-5.6 +1 more
MattZisk
Contributing MemberPosts: 633
Like?
In reply to iamthenewguy, 8 months ago

iamthenewguy wrote:

Looks pretty sweet. Of course the big question is how the sensor performs, but aside from that I like the fact that it's modular. I don't think I'll buy this (too happy with the V2 and I can wait to see V4 and so on) but it's pretty cool that you could slap the 10mm on it and walk out the door with a tiny camera, then when you don't care too much about size attach the grip and EVF plus the UWA or 32mm and you have an extra function button plus the ability to frame in bright light. The only drawback of course is it's either flash or EVF, so I'm not sure how much I like that.

Agreed on all points (except that I skipped the V2 -- we are on alternate generations -- so if the sensor performs, I am likely in).

I like my V1 -- if I get the V3, I will continue to use it for two-camera video situations and may leave a different lens mounted for quick changeability (although a big difference in sensors may discourage that idea); I think my daughter likely would also talk me into teaching her how to use the V1.

Nung
Contributing MemberPosts: 801Gear list
Like?

SHood wrote:

http://www.eoshd.com/content/12285/nikon-v3-features-120fps-hd-video

-- hide signature --

Absolutely gorgeous! Looking clean and elegant!

2 plus points:

1. 2 wheels! Yeah!

2. Function buttons! Function buttons! (Hope they can be fully customized!)

3. Actually 3 points! FLIP SCREEN! Very useful to have!

2 minus points:

1. No standard hot shoe which sucks! Or does the standard hot shoe connects to the accessory port? That would make the hot shoe wobbly! Useless!

2. Removable EVF! Can't use external flash while using EVF??? WTH??? Worst idea ever!

I still like my V1 but when times come for an upgrade! This is looking promising! Step in the right direction Nikon! It would be a near perfect camera if a standard hot shoe could somehow fit in there and use an OVF instead of an EVF if that's possible at all! Still as of now, I ain't complaining!

Nung's gear list:Nung's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon 1 V1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads