There has to be a Xpro2....

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
DocetLector
Regular MemberPosts: 187Gear list
Like?
There has to be a Xpro2....
6 months ago

As a long time Fuji user - I have my S3 pro now for 9 years as my main camera - I am still not ready to buy into the X-System. I was very close to do so when the Xpro1 came but I wanted to wait a little bit to see if there are flaws with the new system and I also knew that the price will come down soon as it did with the S3. Then the XE1 hit the market with some improvements over the Xpro1 which could not be fixed in a firmware update like the better ELV.

I never considered to buy a XE camera because they are to small to hold comfortably especially with the bigger lenses and there are quite big lenses coming up on the roadmap!

And now the XT1 is there, a nice little camera, weathersealed and quite responsive. But still not up to professional standards and still to small for my hands.

I personally do not understand why a camera body has to be so small, carrying a camera the whole day. To me size doesn`t matter much - it is the weight which gives pain.

So I am looking forward to a new XPro at least the size of the XPro1, fast,responsive, weathersealed, with 2 batteries and 2 card slots and enough space between the buttons.

Just my opinion...

DocetLector's gear list:DocetLector's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +1 more
Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
Re: There has to be a Xpro2....
In reply to DocetLector, 6 months ago

I am sure there will be a Pro2 but possibly not until 2015. Fuji commented that it is waiting for a significant breakthrough for the next version. This significant improvement will be more than EVF resolution or processor speed. It possibly might be a new organic sensor that they are working on with Panasonic. That sensor will have big advanced in DR. fuji seems to be more of a leader than a follow-the-pack company bringing out new sensors and new designs, like the Pro1.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Just a Photographer
Contributing MemberPosts: 973Gear list
Like?

DocetLector wrote:

And now the XT1 is there, a nice little camera, weathersealed and quite responsive. But still not up to professional standards and still to small for my hands.

Just my opinion...

What don't you like about it except for the 'small' footprint? All of the X-series camera's are small.
As for professional standards. The X-T1 has the most functionality of all of the X-serie cameras so far. Its Fuji's top-end model for now and therewith the most 'pro' camera you can get from Fuji, unless you want to have a leaf shutter, but then you'll miss out on some other features.

If there will be an X-Pro 2 this year then the wait is probably until August/September as it would then definitely be introduced as a new entry for for Photokina.

However the overall current market situation for digital camera's might well lead to a slower introduction cycle with all manufacturers including Fuji. Nobody knows, except for Fuji themselves know what the future will bring them.

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
John Motts
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,997
Like?

DocetLector wrote:

There are plenty of pros using them.

Deardorff
Regular MemberPosts: 109
Like?
In reply to John Motts, 6 months ago

The quality of the X-E1 and 2 is good. No complaints at all. The size is, for me - a deal killer. Same as the original poster the cameras are too small to be used comfortably in my hands. The X-Pro1 is just enough larger that the placement works for me.

Will be interesting to see what an X-Pro2 will bring us in "improvements".

bavarius6
Regular MemberPosts: 396
Like?

As a long time Fuji user - I have my S3 pro now for 9 years as my main camera - I am still not ready to buy into the X-System. I was very close to do so when the Xpro1 came but I wanted to wait a little bit to see if there are flaws with the new system and I also knew that the price will come down soon as it did with the S3. Then the XE1 hit the market with some improvements over the Xpro1 which could not be fixed in a firmware update like the better ELV.

I never considered to buy a XE camera because they are to small to hold comfortably especially with the bigger lenses and there are quite big lenses coming up on the roadmap!

I personally do not understand why a camera body has to be so small, carrying a camera the whole day. To me size doesn`t matter much - it is the weight which gives pain.

So I am looking forward to a new XPro at least the size of the XPro1, fast,responsive, weathersealed, with 2 batteries and 2 card slots and enough space between the buttons.

Just my opinion...

........ but when the X-Pro2 does come out you'll surely be waiting for the X-Pro 3!

Pat

mr moonlight
Senior MemberPosts: 1,529
Like?
In reply to Just a Photographer, 6 months ago

Just a Photographer wrote:

DocetLector wrote:

Just my opinion...

What don't you like about it except for the 'small' footprint? All of the X-series camera's are small.
As for professional standards. The X-T1 has the most functionality of all of the X-serie cameras so far. Its Fuji's top-end model for now and therewith the most 'pro' camera you can get from Fuji, unless you want to have a leaf shutter, but then you'll miss out on some other features.

If there will be an X-Pro 2 this year then the wait is probably until August/September as it would then definitely be introduced as a new entry for for Photokina.

However the overall current market situation for digital camera's might well lead to a slower introduction cycle with all manufacturers including Fuji. Nobody knows, except for Fuji themselves know what the future will bring them.

No one knows except for Fuji when an X-Pro2 will arrive, but when it does, I'm sure it will contain all the new features of the current camera line up and then some. If I were to place some bets for this year, I agree, Photokina is the most likely time and place. By then, the X-Pro1 will be almost 3 years old and most potential buyers will be trying to wait it out for the new model. The X-Pro1 is an excellent camera and will still be a worthwhile purchase a year from now, but if Fuji wants to keep selling them, they will need to release an updated version.

DocetLector
Like?

As I pointed out it is mostly the size I don`t like - the same is with Olympus EM1 and Sony A7. I find the relation between those bodies and the upcoming big lenses which I would like for their speed not practicable.Olympus is a bit better because their lenses are quite small but much worse on the Sony with their full frame sensor.

Canon PowerShot G11 Fujifilm FinePix S3 Pro Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 (IF) DX +1 more
DocetLector
Like?

I know, but the real big lenses are not out yet!

DocetLector
Like?
In reply to Deardorff, 6 months ago

I fully agree with your statement!

Just a Photographer
Like?
Re: I concur ;) --NT--.
In reply to mr moonlight, 6 months ago
-- hide signature --

NT --

Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Just a Photographer
Like?

DocetLector wrote:

As I pointed out it is mostly the size I don`t like - the same is with Olympus EM1 and Sony A7. I find the relation between those bodies and the upcoming big lenses which I would like for their speed not practicable.Olympus is a bit better because their lenses are quite small but much worse on the Sony with their full frame sensor.

If you want the versitality of DSLR's, like its size and mirrorless - then Sony it will be for you.
I don't think Fuji will release a FF camera anytime soon as it would also imply a whole new line of lenses. Surely possible, but small chance I guess.

DocetLector
Like?
In reply to bavarius6, 6 months ago

Waiting for Xpro3 - I am not shure about that, if the Xpro2 will have at least the same performance as the XT1 - and I think it will - and has at least the same size as the Xpro1. If it is I will certainly buy it. A second battery and a dual card slot I think would make it more pro. And - most important a proper flash system! I am not a professional photographer but I always liked good photogear. And I am not a gearhead because I do not change my gear very often and I still like my S3pro. To me colour is very important and that`s why I am with Fuji.

ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,585Gear list
Like?

I could not have used the Fuji XE-1 without the handgrip. The Fuji one was ok until I discovered the Really Right Stuff grip. More of a grip and direct access to the battery and card.

With the 55-200 and the soon to be 10-24 and fast 2.8 zooms they will be larger lenses and you will need a hand grip or battery grip to reduce handholding the camera fatigue even with image stabilization.

I have the RRS grip for my X100s and as good as that camera is for me its needed or I would have returned the X100s.

DocetLector
Like?

I am very happy with APSC, no need for upgrading to FF. The difference is not big enough and fast lenses are getting to big. I am quite shure Fuji will not make a mistake in having 2 lines of mirrorless systems. But that`s not the point. I would like to buy into Fuji`s system because of the great lenses they have now and on the roadmap. I have never said that the quality of the bodies is not good enough or the outcam - I am just not happy with the size of the new bodies and hopefully they will give a Xpro1 sized camera at least the performance of the XT1. And a better flash system. That`s all I would like to have and I am shure I will be happy for the next many years!

Ed B
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,000
Like?

DocetLector wrote:

Just my opinion...

I feel the same as you, when it comes to camera size.

Yes, most people buy mirrorless cameras because they are small but there's a big difference between smaller than most DSLRs and too small.

I don't like tiny cameras and once a camera gets significantly smaller than the X-E1 I loose interest.

I've never been a big fan of large zoom lenses so lens size doesn't bother me too much but I don't have tiny hands and hope Fuji doesn't get carried away.

When I buy another camera it will probably be the X-Pro2 and I really feel that Fuji is smart enough to keep their "Pro" designated camera a little larger than many people seem to like.

Naturally, I could be 100% wrong about all this because, when it comes to technology, my record for predicting the future is dismal.

DocetLector
Like?
In reply to ryan2007, 6 months ago

Well, that`s exactly the point! Why not making the camera a bit bigger with a good handgrip, it would be so much more comfortable to use. Did you ever have a Mamiya 6 in your hands? Then you would probably know what I mean. Of course it is not necessary to make a body that big -that was a 6x6 MF.

DocetLector
Like?
In reply to Ed B, 6 months ago

+1 !

mistermejia
Senior MemberPosts: 2,827Gear list
Like?

John Motts wrote:

DocetLector wrote:

There are plenty of pros using them.

What pros?  I am sure pros are using it, but i what do you mean by pros?  There are the Pro bird shooter that would never sell their D300 over a XT1, no way jose.  I can mention my dad, who is NOT a pro, but owns a D300 and long lenses.  He would NEVER buy a XT1 over a D300 with its solid built and high class AF system.

But the Xpro2 could have that, and is still is very compact at the same time.  Oh!  And lets not forget that is would still have Fuji image quality  

mistermejia's gear list:mistermejia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +4 more
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,585Gear list
Like?

DocetLector wrote:

Well, that`s exactly the point! Why not making the camera a bit bigger with a good handgrip, it would be so much more comfortable to use. Did you ever have a Mamiya 6 in your hands? Then you would probably know what I mean. Of course it is not necessary to make a body that big -that was a 6x6 MF.

I did extensively use the Panasonic GH-3 and that was one of the best ready made bodies with a great grip. I felt so sure I did not use a neck strap but rather the Black Rapid strap that I could remove easily and fast for video needs and then attach going back to stills.

The Panasonic GF-1 and GX-1 were pretty good as is until you placed a larger lens like the 35-100 2.8, or 100-300 zoom. The 12-35 2.8 was boarder line balanced on the rangefinder style body, but perfect for the GH-3.

A larger body is needed to make it work and I assume the XT-1 needs that battery grip to help it along.

I have the Sony RX 100 ii and I had to get the Franiec custom grip for that camera.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads