The light leak evidence photo !!!!!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
baobob
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,948Gear list
Like?
The light leak evidence photo !!!!!
6 months ago

Since some people seem to minimize the reality of the issue below os a photo of my beloved XT1 on the armchair in lmy living room at 16:20 just afcing south, indoor wondows are closed curtain are closed

watch the spectacle

This just shows that as it is the camera cannot be used for studio work in a very brilliant light environment, my shot is in pure natural light Outdoor in the garden it's really worse.

This means that the camera is fitted with ports that cannot be used now in ordinary ourdoor or bright light environment . As such, it is just unacceptable.

The fact that it is very easy to fix is another matter but it is definitly Fuji's duty to provide the fix

I find at least painful to read so many denegation of the issue

Who is afraid bytruth ???

Bob

-- hide signature --

Good judgment comes from experience
Experience comes from bad judgment

baobob's gear list:baobob's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Chanthis
Regular MemberPosts: 182
Like?
It's crazy that Fuji missed this.
In reply to baobob, 6 months ago

The ironic thing is that they claim the camera to be weather resistant. The thing looks looks like a sieve.

baobob wrote:

Since some people seem to minimize the reality of the issue below os a photo of my beloved XT1 on the armchair in lmy living room at 16:20 just afcing south, indoor wondows are closed curtain are closed

watch the spectacle

This just shows that as it is the camera cannot be used for studio work in a very brilliant light environment, my shot is in pure natural light Outdoor in the garden it's really worse.

This means that the camera is fitted with ports that cannot be used now in ordinary ourdoor or bright light environment . As such, it is just unacceptable.

The fact that it is very easy to fix is another matter but it is definitly Fuji's duty to provide the fix

Bob

-- hide signature --

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Just a Photographer
Contributing MemberPosts: 971Gear list
Like?
And you always shoot with the door wide open?

1st. This should not happen, and yes Fuji IS already aware of the problem

2nd. Greatly exagerated and flawed example.

3rd. In normal circumstances you would put a connector into the port and not leave it like this, or shoot with a closed door.

4th. Be happy with what you have or bring it back if you are unhappy and have buyers remorse.

Just a Photographer's gear list:Just a Photographer's gear list
Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +8 more
Bill Robb
Senior MemberPosts: 3,332
Like?
My XT-1 must be DEFECTIVE

I can't seem to get it to leak light no matter how hard I try.

Al Valentino
Senior MemberPosts: 4,365Gear list
Like?
Re: The light leak evidence photo !!!!!

They say a picture is worth a thousand words. That shot sums it all up. Plus, as I have mentioned in a previous thread, makes this camera unusable with an IR filter attached since shutter speeds from the filter will be long but the light from the visible spectrum coming in from the sides will be relatively significant. I know as I had a light leak from an adapter that I used on a few Nikon lenses with a Hoya 72R filter.

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Al Valentino's gear list:Al Valentino's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
baobob
Like?
In reply to Al Valentino, 6 months ago

For me my post was a concluding and closing one ; I forwarded i tto both Fuji France and my dealer. I am now waiting for an effecive answer. Given the experience we all have her from Fuji I have no doubt they will respond in a positive as they always did

I have no anxiety at all regarding this problem since in the meantime it is easy to cope with using many simple different solutions.

Cheers

Bob

-- hide signature --

Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +8 more
Rudi
Contributing MemberPosts: 614
Like?

Regardless how important a fix is for one or the other user, something like this is hard to excuse with a camera which has a price tag far above 1000.00 €, produced by a respectable traditional camera manufacturer.

If Fujifilm does not come up with an accurate solution for this problem (product recall or somethimg else), I think they lose a lot of their, with the X-System just built up again, good reputation.

Al Valentino
Like?

baobob wrote:

For me my post was a concluding and closing one ; I forwarded i tto both Fuji France and my dealer. I am now waiting for an effecive answer. Given the experience we all have her from Fuji I have no doubt they will respond in a positive as they always did

I have no anxiety at all regarding this problem since in the meantime it is easy to cope with using many simple different solutions.

Cheers

Bob

I am confident Fuji will respond more positively than Nikon with the D600 issue or others.

I think it is now time for you to update your gear list

-- hide signature --

Fuji Silver XE1 w/14, 35, 18-55, 55-200, Rokinon 8mm Fisheye & Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Macro

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS +8 more
baobob
Like?

Al

You are a man of order I'm  a fan of maze and disorder .... 

-- hide signature --

Al Valentino
Like?

baobob wrote:

Al

You are a man of order I'm a fan of maze and disorder ....

I have to be, as I never married, so I have no one to blame if I cannot find my stuff

-- hide signature --

Daniel Lauring
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,480Gear list
Like?

What kind of studio shot are you talking about?  The issue is one of signal to noise ratio.  With little light in the exposure and a lot of light from the side, you get the problem.  In studios, however, the subject is usually very well lit and the exposures are short (flash duration.)  This is the opposite case of what you are showing.

Daniel Lauring's gear list:Daniel Lauring's gear list
Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
Jarno Savinen
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?

I just did quick test with my trusty x-e1 and you know what LIGHT LEAK (Arghhh).

That's it my x-e1 is now paperweight.

Jarno.

baobob
Like?

As long ad my environment is mazy i find everything as long as I  try to sort in order evrything I just loos e evrything

-- hide signature --

pinnacle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,439Gear list
Like?
Slow news day...?

The question about the existence of a light leak in some cameras is not in dispute. Why start a brand new thread about a subject that has already been discussed ad infinitum?

You even stated in a later post within your own thread that you had no anxiety about the issue even though you clearly demonstrated anxiety in your opening post.

Have you nothing better to do with your own and other people's time?

dAN

-- hide signature --

Life is good.

pinnacle's gear list:pinnacle's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
baobob
Like?
In reply to Daniel Lauring, 6 months ago

The leak is so huge that anyway it will spoil the file recorded as soon as you operate in bright light which is the cas eoutside ... This is obvious from what I show unless you look eyes wide shut  

-- hide signature --

baobob
Like?
Re: Slow news day...?
In reply to pinnacle, 6 months ago

Have you nothing better to do with  other people's time?

In a world of freedom everybody can decide what is worth reading or not and what is worth defending or not

-- hide signature --

pinnacle
Senior MemberPosts: 2,439Gear list
Like?
Well....

baobob wrote:

Have you nothing better to do with other people's time?

In a world of freedom everybody can decide what is worth reading or not and what is worth defending or not

With freedom comes a certain amount of responsibility...Please re-read your own tag line about "judgement."

-- hide signature --

Dan

-- hide signature --

Life is good.

pinnacle's gear list:pinnacle's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-M1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
kiw
kiw
Regular MemberPosts: 167Gear list
Like?

baobob wrote:

watch the spectacle

Bob

-- hide signature --

I have tryed in every way  with my X-T1. No leak at all! Sorry, but not all are unlucky...

kiw's gear list:kiw's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +6 more
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,579Gear list
Like?
I still do not believe the Scientific Method here.

Please plug in a cable. Something that one would use in a normal situation. Then shine a light. Your example is not how one would use a camera with out a cable attached in use.

Next, close the door and produce the same light leak.

This is like saying your windows in your home are drafty and your losing energy. SO you hold a match to see if the candle blows to see the air leak. Or if you have a slow air leak in your tire you dip it in water to see if you get bubbles and where they are.

It is not normal to shoot with this door open as much as it is driving with your windows open during a rain storm.

baobob
Like?
Re: Well....
In reply to pinnacle, 6 months ago

Now you need to give you refrence regarding responsibility here we go

Truth or truth a shakespearian debate ??     

-- hide signature --

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads