Hummers and FZ200 video modes.

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Bob Myers1
Forum ProPosts: 21,113
Like?
Hummers and FZ200 video modes.
5 months ago

Well I got my fz200 a few months ago but haven't really gotten control over it yet...but I am closing in LOL

I havent seen many examples of hi speed video since the 200 was introduced...seems as though the feature was a flash in the pan as the handheld nite shot or have I been in the dark concerning either feature ??

This evening is the first time I have tried the hi speed video and I thought it could be a useful feature.

The sun has already set when I started after the hummers so the quality suffers a bit especially the hi-speed video but I dont think it will take much light to bump it up to acceptable levels.

I am about 5 feet from the feeder the feeder hand holding the camera.

I hope I can use you tube .

Bob

A still shot gotten while using the standard recording speed ...need more light

standard videos speed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYYToqPvkBQ

Hi-speed video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJuhekwSTWA

-- hide signature --

Bob Myers WB7SBW
http://www.hillsidephotos.com
Sonolta 7D Lens 28-100mm 28-300 Tamron 170-500 Sigma 10-20 Sigma 90mm Tamron macro
2 - Olympus C21oo 2 - B3oo 1 - B-Macro
http://www.dpreview.com/files/p/TC1x1S80~avatars/432445222/1/avatar.jpg

Canon EOS 7D Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
cat150
Senior MemberPosts: 2,114Gear list
Like?
Re: Hummers and FZ200 video modes.
In reply to Bob Myers1, 5 months ago

Great examples of video modes, Nice green images, even if high-speed lose a bit of sharpness! Thanks for sharing

-
Lumix sempre
Alex

cat150's gear list:cat150's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 3,694Gear list
Like?

Hi Bob,

I've used the HS video on the FZ200 quite a bit for waterfalls and find it a very handy setting. I have also used it from a moving boat, so that you can see the scenery go past at a slower rate.

The hummers look good in normal and HS. One good/bad thing about the HS video is that the focus is locked. Its good because it won't change on you, its bad because you might want it to change. Ha!

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 +2 more
Castaway
Senior MemberPosts: 1,909Gear list
Like?

Great sets Bob, I really enjoyed the high speed (slow motion ) set.

I have had my FZ200 now for 18 months but have hardly used it for video, what are the settings for high speed.

I might give it a try although I hardly know anything about editing and nothing about posting to youtube.

Note:  We don't get too many hummers around here and certainly none this time of year. After a long period of very cold weather we are getting a massive thaw today.

Thanks for posting

Old Sea Dog
Galleries at http://www.pbase.com/oldseadog/galleries

Castaway's gear list:Castaway's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS30
Ronomy
Senior MemberPosts: 2,559Gear list
Like?

Great subject to use HS video on. Very cool! Thanks for posting. Amazing the wings still look fast even in slowmo. Might be worth trying the even slower setting or faster capture frame rate of 240. Its SD video but still should be pretty cool to watch.

Ronomy's gear list:Ronomy's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD800 IS Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
danielsonkin
Forum ProPosts: 11,369Gear list
Like?

Terrific movie, Bob. What do you have in that feeder - cocaine?  I have never seen so many hummers at one feeder before.  That's amazing. Thanks for posting.

Daniel

danielsonkin's gear list:danielsonkin's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25 +2 more
Gerytal
Regular MemberPosts: 129Gear list
Like?
In reply to danielsonkin, 5 months ago

Great shot Bob.  I've never seen that many hummers at a feeder before. Good job.

gerry

Gerytal's gear list:Gerytal's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200
Sergeg
Senior MemberPosts: 2,135Gear list
Like?

Bob,

the camera is capable of excellent results, with experience, planning and imagination you will discover this.

For this sequence you had amazing missed opportunities for extreme close ups. Cutting to change shot sizes would add interest, at 5 feet you should be on tripod, change POV so you are not shooting against burnt out sky, and moving background is not cool. You have shot "security camera" footage. Trying new features on cameras should not exclude using creativity and imagination.

Sorry if this sounds harsh, I get frustrated when I see poor tradesmen blaming their tools, which are excellent in the right hands. What a missed opportunity, if only we had Hummers where I live, never seen any in real life. Good luck with it.

Sergeg's gear list:Sergeg's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon D800 Pentax K-30 Canon EOS 650D +2 more
paul katinas
Regular MemberPosts: 213
Like?
In reply to Sergeg, 5 months ago

Nice Bob.

How many different species of Hummingbirds do you spot out there?

We have the Ruby-Throated back east.

Have a creative,peaceful day, Paul

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads