Nikon P600 Test Pictures

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Mcbrig
Contributing MemberPosts: 645Gear list
Like?
Nikon P600 Test Pictures
6 months ago

Just received my new Nikon P600 this morning and I am very happy with the results. Have been a canon SX50 user for over 2 years, but am thinking this may be better choice. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. All photos are SOC.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/markbrigham/sets/72157642025315084/

Mcbrig's gear list:Mcbrig's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600 Sony SLT-A65 FastStone Image Viewer
Nikon Coolpix P600
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
coody
Contributing MemberPosts: 989
Like?
Not bad. Can you post some here under different light conditions?
In reply to Mcbrig, 6 months ago
No text.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
KJaay
Senior MemberPosts: 3,197Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon P600 Test Pictures

Hi Mcbrig, pictures look great for a superzoom, how fast is the auto focus and ( sts times ). How is the view finder? I posted same ? in other forum you don't need to answer both.

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Canon EOS 450D
Beezodog
Contributing MemberPosts: 512Gear list
Like?

Nice images!

-- hide signature --
 Beezodog's gear list:Beezodog's gear list
Nikon Coolpix P7800
John McCormack
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,259Gear list
Like?
Re: Nikon P600 Test Pictures - vs. SX50 HS
In reply to Beezodog, 6 months ago

I see the P600 shoots much faster shot-to-shot than the SX50 HS. Is there anything else you prefer in the P600 over the SX50?

No RAW, right?

sfrigola2
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?

Lovely photos!

I was expecting to see some samples from the P 600, I want to buy a superzoom, and i think this will be my choice, I'll pay attention to your Flickr page to see more samples.

One or two years ago I bought a P 510 but I was very deceived for the poor response in low light or dark/shade areas, finally i returned it to the dealer.

I must see more samples to make up my mind but I think P 600 is way better than the 510

I would like to see close-up portait and landscape ones, I'd appeal to your kindness to upload a few.

Mcbrig
Like?
In reply to KJaay, 6 months ago

KJaay wrote:

Hi Mcbrig, pictures look great for a superzoom, how fast is the auto focus and ( sts times ). How is the view finder? I posted same ? in other forum you don't need to answer both.

-- hide signature --

KJ

I would say the auto focus locks on as good or maybe a little better than the SX50, it's very close. I did find on objects that are partly covered by branches or grass the Nikon locks focus much better than the SX50 it doesn't hunt nearly as much.  As far as the viewfinder, I rarely use it because of somewhat blurred vision,but I did compare the 2 cameras this morning and would say, they are equal.

Nikon P600

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX100V Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P600 Sony SLT-A65 FastStone Image Viewer
Mcbrig
Like?
In reply to sfrigola2, 6 months ago

sfrigola2 wrote:

Lovely photos!

I was expecting to see some samples from the P 600, I want to buy a superzoom, and i think this will be my choice, I'll pay attention to your Flickr page to see more samples.

One or two years ago I bought a P 510 but I was very deceived for the poor response in low light or dark/shade areas, finally i returned it to the dealer.

I must see more samples to make up my mind but I think P 600 is way better than the 510

I would like to see close-up portait and landscape ones, I'd appeal to your kindness to upload a few.

Weather permitting I'll try and take som landscapes tomorrow. I also have the P510 and have taken some great pictures with it. I think most super zooms will struggle some what in low light conditions.

Nikon P510

Mcbrig
Like?
In reply to John McCormack, 6 months ago

John McCormack wrote:

I see the P600 shoots much faster shot-to-shot than the SX50 HS. Is there anything else you prefer in the P600 over the SX50?

No RAW, right?

Just a few little things: I like the hand grip, thumb placement and the location of the of some of the controls around the rotary dial on the Nikon better, I had a tendency to keep hitting the self-timer on the Canon. I do like the Function Set button on the Canon better then having to go in to the menu on the Nikon.

Zuchov
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?

Keep on guys. Im a SX40 guy, really interested in P600. Need a lot of samples from different conditions. You're work/share is most appreciated!

The owl shot seems impossible when it comes to focusing. Many shots?

-- hide signature --

Regards /Zuchov

Zuchov's gear list:Zuchov's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Nikon D3300
Zuchov
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?

Mcbrig wrote:

John McCormack wrote:

No RAW, right?

Just a few little things: I like the hand grip, thumb placement and the location of the of some of the controls around the rotary dial on the Nikon better, I had a tendency to keep hitting the self-timer on the Canon. I do like the Function Set button on the Canon better then having to go in to the menu on the Nikon.

What do You mean (10-9--8..), by hitting the 10-9-8 (f**k) self-timer (2-1, sh****t) button on the canon (oh no)  *BOOOM!*

-- hide signature --

Regards /Zuchov

Zuchov's gear list:Zuchov's gear list
Canon PowerShot S5 IS Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Nikon D3300
Mcbrig
Like?
In reply to Zuchov, 6 months ago

Zuchov wrote:

Keep on guys. Im a SX40 guy, really interested in P600. Need a lot of samples from different conditions. You're work/share is most appreciated!

-- hide signature --

Regards /Zuchov

Actually I took 4 shots of the Owl from 4 different points of view and the focus locked in first time on each one. I was surprised.

Mcbrig
Like?

Zuchov wrote:

Mcbrig wrote:

John McCormack wrote:

No RAW, right?

What do You mean (10-9--8..), by hitting the 10-9-8 (f**k) self-timer (2-1, sh****t) button on the canon (oh no) *BOOOM!*

-- hide signature --

Regards /Zuchov

Maybe it's just me, but a few others who shoot the SX50 I know have the same problem. Not a big deal, can be frustrating at times.

KJaay
Senior MemberPosts: 3,197Gear list
Like?

Yes ,very nice owl, thank you.

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Canon EOS 450D
Mcbrig
Like?
In reply to KJaay, 6 months ago

KJaay wrote:

Yes ,very nice owl, thank you.

-- hide signature --

KJ

Thanks! Sorry I could not give you more definite answers to your previous questions. The SX50 is a great camera and I have been using it for about 2 years? Will have to do some more comparisons between the 2 cameras, but after just a few days of shooting I am leaning towards the P600 as my prime shooter, but it maybe a little premature to make that decision.

Mcbrig
Like?

Mcbrig wrote:

Just received my new Nikon P600 this morning and I am very happy with the results. Have been a canon SX50 user for over 2 years, but am thinking this may be better choice. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. All photos are SOC.

Just wanted to add the reason I did not wait for the new Fuji our Sony Super Zooms is because every one I bought except the Sony HX100 I sent back, the Nikons and Canons I have bought were keepers in my opinion.

sfrigola2
Forum MemberPosts: 97
Like?

Tnx for all your opinions, actually I don't have a vaste experience in testing cameras, I have a Panasonic DMC Fz30 with Leica lens, which I love, and I've just bought a Sony A3000, a cheap APS-c dslr camera that works fine, and after watching a few more samples I'll probably buy a P600. with it, all my gears team will be complete. (sorry for my English, I learned at Spanish school more than 40 years ago!)

AlGor
Contributing MemberPosts: 741Gear list
Like?

Mcbrig wrote:

Very interest because Nikon make zoom 60 in right direction - 1440 mm ws Canon 1200 mm. I have a Canon SX50 and real love it but looks like Nikon may beat it... What about RAW and  anti shaking system?  For hand held is a very important in my opinion...

My Canon SX50 handheld moon.

Thank you.

AlGor's gear list:AlGor's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony a6000 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +1 more
AlGor
Contributing MemberPosts: 741Gear list
Like?
In reply to sfrigola2, 6 months ago

sfrigola2 wrote:

Lovely photos!

Yes unfortunately for small size sensor like in all bridge super zoom cameras the main criterium to get good picture is plenty of light... All this cameras not for evening parties or portrait mode. This cameras most for people who like wild/birding/some paparazzi photos... And god bless we have chance to have it for limited/affordable amount of $$. Sure if some have good pocket and may spent thousands (ten's thousands) for lens/big frame cameras it's all different talk...

Canon SX50 in action...

Thank you.

AlGor's gear list:AlGor's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Sony a6000 Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +1 more
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,049
Like?

Zuchov wrote:

-- hide signature --

Regards /Zuchov

As one who owns a SX40 and sold my P510, the Canon's IQ is better. I also have a SX50 and I give a slight nod to the SX40 for slightly better IQ. However, the 50 at the long end seems to better lock on focus..but most all do at extreme tele. The SX40 and Panasonic Z200 in my opinion have the best IQ of any power zoom with the SX50 close behind.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads