PSP X6 Service Pack 2 released 2014-03-06

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Glen Barrington
Forum ProPosts: 12,688
Like?
PSP X6 Service Pack 2 released 2014-03-06
5 months ago

Below From onscreen Release notes.  Since it seems to mostly be a raw support update, I wonder if this means an After Shot Pro update is on its way?  Say what you will about Corel, Adobe's 'Cloud' announcement last year does seem to have energized them.

New Camera Raw Support

• Canon EOS 70D, EOS C500, PowerShot G16, PowerShot S120
  • Fujifilm HS2, F900EXR, X-A1, X-E2, X-M1, XQ1
  • Nikon Df, D5300, D610, COOLPIX P7800, 1 AW1
  • Leica C (Type 112)
  • Olympus E-P5, E-PL6, E-M1, STYLUS 1
  • Pentax K-3
  • Panasonic DMC-FZ7, DMC-LF1, DMC-GM1, DMC-GX7
  • Samsung EK-GN120, GX20
  • Sony DSC-RX100M2, DSC-RX10, ILCE-7R, ILCE-7, ILCE-3000, NEX-5T

Enhanced Camera Support

• Panasonic DMC-G6

Issues Addressed

• Corrected "Fit Image to Window" behavior in the Edit workspace
  • User interface truncation for High-DPI settings (Up to 200 DPI)
  • Improved Smart Carver 16-bit image support
  • HDR Exposure Merge: Fixed "Camera response curve profile" control (issue in Windows XP only)
-- hide signature --
NKlightart
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?
Re: PSP X6 Service Pack 2 released 2014-03-06
In reply to Glen Barrington, 5 months ago

Installed the SP2 today morning. Nothing beneficial for me. The plugins that didn't work earlier doesn't work even now (Knoll Light Factory, Nik Color Efex 4.0...etc).

The raw edit panel is still the basic panel with the Highlight recovery settings that , well, recovers all the light that is there in the RAW turning it to a grey mess.

The Smart Selection tool seems to have improved a bit, but since Corel hasn't published any thing about this tool update in their release notes, I suspect the change I feel may be due to the image on which the smart selection was applied.

Overall responsiveness seems to have improved in 64 bit version ( I only tried the 64 it version)

Good thing is that the update hasn't broken anything so far.

Waiting for others observations...

-- hide signature --

http://nklightart.wordpress.com
When you find yourself in a hole, first thing to do is stop digging

NKlightart's gear list:NKlightart's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Glen Barrington
Like?
In reply to NKlightart, 5 months ago

Well, the plug-ins that don't work, probably don't work because they rely on some unique proprietary PS function that can't interface with similar functionality in other editors.  So I doubt a service pack upgrade is likely to fix that issue.

-- hide signature --
ImageAmateur formerly Bajerunner
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: PSP X6 - Nik Plugins that 'CAN' work..... Color, Silver, Dfine, Sharpener

NKlightart wrote:

Installed the SP2 today morning. Nothing beneficial for me. The plugins that didn't work earlier doesn't work even now (Knoll Light Factory, Nik Color Efex 4.0...etc).

The raw edit panel is still the basic panel with the Highlight recovery settings that , well, recovers all the light that is there in the RAW turning it to a grey mess.

The Smart Selection tool seems to have improved a bit, but since Corel hasn't published any thing about this tool update in their release notes, I suspect the change I feel may be due to the image on which the smart selection was applied.

Overall responsiveness seems to have improved in 64 bit version ( I only tried the 64 it version)

Good thing is that the update hasn't broken anything so far.

Waiting for others observations...

-- hide signature --

Hi,

Back here after a short time. I recently asked to shut my account, as I was a bit fed up with so much bickering and seeming animosity with whatever people offered, despite some good people, it was just not pleasant anymore (not here so much in Retouching, in other forums mainly Nikon). Ah well.

But, seeing some questions, that I MAY in my little way try to help, am registering to comment on a few things here and there only.

That now over......

Anyway, re Nik programs in PSPX6. (I have CS6, but was very curious re PSP X6 and a useable PS6 alternative, so tried it and it works well for fast editing and *getting many processed quickly* for me, so bought it as a secondary editing program, though I have been using it the last day or so for an event processing, after the RAW's were done in Capture One 7).

I have got the following to work, with assistance from reading up on some links.

Nik Color Efex Pro 4 - via Script and it is a quick process thereafter

Nik Silver Efex Pro 2 - via script ditto

Nik Sharpener via the Plugin folder

Nik Dfine via the Plugin folder

Nik Viveza via plugin BUT it givers weirf color shifts.

Here goes:

The script box for Nik Color and Pro: Install the scripts as follows on this link, it SHOULD work then. If the script is not there, PM me and I shall send it via email (the file that this guy prosted).

http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=51492

There are two scripts in the link, they are essentially the same, just adjusted for file names re color and silver efex. These are not mine, they are scripted by the guy in the link.

I also tried adjusting the scripts for the other plugins, but would not work for me, but some say they do (Sharpener etc).

For plugins , for Sharpener Pro and Dfine, I installed a direct copy of the executable file in the Corel PSP X6 Plugin folder, under

USER / COMPUTER NAME / COREL PAINTSHOP PRO / 16 / SCRIPTS-TRUSTED

Then, go to preferences under FILE . Go to file locations and add that location, if not there already. FILE>Preferences> File Locatios> Scripts-Trusted.

> Access the Color efex and silver efex when in picture edit mode simply by pressing the script blue arrow and it runs, access the sharpener pro and dfine via filter, plugins and Nik.

Hope this helps.

All four now work for me in PSP X6.

Regards

Lloyd O'Daniel
Regular MemberPosts: 274
Like?

Did they ever fix color management? I rolled over on the Adobe $10 deal, so I haven't been keeping up.

Glen Barrington
Like?
In reply to Lloyd O'Daniel, 5 months ago

Lloyd O'Daniel wrote:

Did they ever fix color management? I rolled over on the Adobe $10 deal, so I haven't been keeping up.

It works for me.  The colors displayed in ACDSee Pro 7 and PSP X6 match exactly for me,and have matched from the day I got X6.  Though, in truth, I don't recall any formal statements being made.

-- hide signature --
NKlightart
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?

Glen Barrington wrote:

Well, the plug-ins that don't work, probably don't work because they rely on some unique proprietary PS function that can't interface with similar functionality in other editors. So I doubt a service pack upgrade is likely to fix that issue.

-- hide signature --

Hi Glen,

Couple of observations here. Nik Color Efex pro 4.0 (the same minor and major version as the one I use now) was some what compatible with PSP X5 SP1. After launching the plugin, making necessary changes and pressing Save took me back to PSP main window but the effects are not applied. Go to history panel Right Click Color Efex > Apply to Current Document, Applies the changes I made in Color Efex. So Color Efex (Please note that it is the same version as I am using now) worked with X5 but not X6. So I believe it has some thing to do with PSP itself. So I was hoping to get that corrected in Service Pack.

-- hide signature --

NKlightart's gear list:NKlightart's gear list
Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM Nikon AF Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6G +7 more
bigfatron
Regular MemberPosts: 477Gear list
Like?

NKlightart wrote:

Glen Barrington wrote:

Well, the plug-ins that don't work, probably don't work because they rely on some unique proprietary PS function that can't interface with similar functionality in other editors. So I doubt a service pack upgrade is likely to fix that issue.

-- hide signature --

Hi Glen,

Couple of observations here. Nik Color Efex pro 4.0 (the same minor and major version as the one I use now) was some what compatible with PSP X5 SP1. After launching the plugin, making necessary changes and pressing Save took me back to PSP main window but the effects are not applied. Go to history panel Right Click Color Efex > Apply to Current Document, Applies the changes I made in Color Efex. So Color Efex (Please note that it is the same version as I am using now) worked with X5 but not X6. So I believe it has some thing to do with PSP itself. So I was hoping to get that corrected in Service Pack.

-- hide signature --

At one point Color Efex 4 (and the other Nik plugins that have issues) did work with PSP X6. It 'broke' again with a Nik update just into the new year.  I've been using the script workaround to launch the plugins since the last time they broke.

AFAIK the issue is at Nik/Google's end and not PSP X6. It would be nice if Nik/Google would officially support PSP.

bigfatron's gear list:bigfatron's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +2 more
Glen Barrington
Like?
In reply to bigfatron, 5 months ago

bigfatron wrote:

NKlightart wrote:

Glen Barrington wrote:

-- hide signature --

Hi Glen,

-- hide signature --

At one point Color Efex 4 (and the other Nik plugins that have issues) did work with PSP X6. It 'broke' again with a Nik update just into the new year. I've been using the script workaround to launch the plugins since the last time they broke.

AFAIK the issue is at Nik/Google's end and not PSP X6. It would be nice if Nik/Google would officially support PSP.

As I see it, it is up to the plug-in publisher to make sure it is compatible with selected editors not the editor publisher to make sure it works with every plug-in on the planet.  Most plug-ins work with  PSP X6, so clearly the basic plug-in infrastructure is there in PSP X6.  The lack of compatibility is Google's choice, not Corel's.

-- hide signature --
ImageAmateur
Contributing MemberPosts: 917
Like?
Re: PSP X6 Service Pack 2 released 2014-03-06 Nik Plugins

NIK Plugins work as follows:

Color Efex 4 - via script, I attach link, download and install to PSP X6 Trusted Script folder, you should then find it in your script menu and it runs with push of a button.

Silver Efex 2 - as above.

Sharpener Pro - Install executable file direct copy to PSP Plugin folder, then should find it in the filter/ plugins.

Dfine - as above.

All four run for me. I also have CS6, but have had the PSP X6 for just two weeks so far as a backup editor and for smaller , easy, stuff. Easy to use, very similar in functionality to PS6.

Very fine software. Very cheap for what it is.

http://forum.corel.com/EN/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=51492

Two scripts there. download and copy into the Trusted Scripts location as noted.

Not mine, I found it and tried and it works.

Hope this helps.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads