Show me your Camera Bag...

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
PINOYE90
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Show me your Camera Bag...
9 months ago

I have my GX7 with 2 kit lens 14-42 and 45-150...

I can find good slim bag that can hold the camera and extra zoom lens..

Any advice to get good slim bag that can carry some lens too?

thanks

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,418Gear list
Like?
Tamrac Rally 2
In reply to PINOYE90, 9 months ago

I bought this bag when I first got into M43s, and to this day I have not found anything else that works as well for this system.  It's a very small bag, but big enough for the camera and about 3 lenses (maybe 4 if you are using small ones).  It's got great pockets, too, so you can carry extra stuff on the outside sides of the bag (I put my extension tubes and Holga lens in them), and a zip front and thin rear pocket.  It also does not weigh much.

-J

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,171Gear list
Like?
Re: Show me your Camera Bag...

PINOYE90 wrote:

thanks

I ordered this from Amazon. It's small enough for my V1 with 10-100 VR lens and 2 small lenses, charger, filters and 2 extra battery and a small 8" tablet. I can also fit my GM1 with the kit lens that replaced my LX7. I'm pretty sure it will fit your GX7 + 2  or 3 lenses.

BTW, how do you like your GX7? I'm thing of getting another M4/3 body 'coz I might be giving my Nikon V1 to my daughter.

http://www.amazon.com/Koolertron-shoulder-External-26x22x12-18-5x10x21cm/dp/B006R239IA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_p_9?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CZ8VCKHZ795350E7167

Or you can get a "bayong" and they come in different sizes (just kidding)

Mabuhay!!

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
tt321
Senior MemberPosts: 4,146Gear list
Like?
For flexibility

This gives max flexibility as it can be used as two separate inserts for when you have a normal bag (e.g. knapsack) going to work or something. It also hugs the body because it naturally bends.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kata-DL-H-531-Hybrid-D-Light-Shoulder/dp/B003GAOX9U/

Could be slightly fiddly in use but it's easy to get used to.

Their 537 model is the larger version.

Fredrik Glckner
Senior MemberPosts: 2,810
Like?

I've been a fan of the Tamrac Velocity 6x for many years. It holds the GH3 + 12-35mm and 14-140mm lenses, for example. Or you could have the camera and three smaller lenses.

http://m43photo.blogspot.com

harryw66
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?
In reply to Fredrik Glckner, 9 months ago

The Tamrac Rally Micro may take your current kit in a compact form

http://www.tamrac.com/products/rallymicro/

harryw66's gear list:harryw66's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,600Gear list
Like?

Try the Lowepro Urban Sling 150. Not tiny, but really comfortable and easy to use.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
trilbyt
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Kneel before Thule!

I'm loving the Thule Perspektiv daypack. It has sophisticated looks, waterproof, cool zip handle, side loading... It's seriously worth checking out.

http://www.amazon.com/Thule-Perspektiv-TPDP-101-SLR-Daypack/dp/B00APQM1GU

My smaller bag is the Vanguard Body Case. It's just the right size for a few primes and my M1 or a larger lens and body. It has a waterproof cover. It can strap onto my bag. The neoprene is thick and rigid. This bag and my camera on a Joby Ultra Fit Sling Strap are my gig shooting gear.

http://www.cambuy.com.au/Vanguard-ICS-Body-Case/

trilbyt's gear list:trilbyt's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +4 more
PINOYE90
New MemberPosts: 13
Like?
Re: TAMRAC 3440 rally micro bag
In reply to trilbyt, 9 months ago

thank you guys for the input... i think i will order tamrac 3440 today due to its very compact and i can hold my camera with kit and zoom lens.

oldman, i really love my GX7... however, with existing kit lens 14-42 is a little bulky for my taste... I am now thinking getting the lens from GM1kit or some slim primes...

how do you like GM1? you want to trade my GX7 kit with your GM1 kit +$$$?  

JoeMoMo
Regular MemberPosts: 169Gear list
Like?
Case Logic SLR sling

I use the Case Logic SLR sling for my OM-D EM-5. I'm able to carry the following:

- OM-D EM-5 with 12-35 or 35-100 lens attached

- FL600R flash while in its own protective case

- Either the 12-35 or 35-100 detached in its own protective case

- Extended battery grip

- Olympus Pop-Up Flash in its own protective case

- Black Rapid Camera Strap

- ND4 Filter

- Body Cap and Lens Cap

- Extra SD Cards

- Small bottle lens cleaner/spray

- Lens Pen Dust Blower

- Microfiber Cloths

- Tripod (attached via tripod mount external to bag)

If I didn't carry the FL600R, I could fit an assortment of fast primes (if I had any). I really like this bag a lot and I can barely tell it's there when I'm wearing it. It doesn't look like it could hold much in the pictures but as you can see from above, I'm able to fit quite a bit. If I had one wish, it would be just a touch more room to fit my HD video camera too but the OM-D can do video if I get really desperate.

http://www.adorama.com/CGSLRC205.html?gclid=CMzQ4snz07sCFa9cMgodpXEA2Q

JoeMoMo's gear list:JoeMoMo's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario 35-100mm F2.8 OIS
ARB1
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,053Gear list
Like?
Re: Case Logic SLR sling
In reply to JoeMoMo, 9 months ago

Billingham Hedley Pro or Hadley small

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Nikon D800 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +6 more
brick33308
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,216
Like?
another vote for Lowepro Transit Sling 150
In reply to Martin.au, 9 months ago

Martin.au wrote:

Try the Lowepro Urban Sling 150. Not tiny, but really comfortable and easy to use.

I just got one - it easily holds my E-M1 with lens attached plus 2 more lenses, plus spare batteries and a filter. Best thing is that it has a side attachment to hold a small tripod (like my Serui 25X).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1006755-REG/lowepro_lp36619_0ww_transit_sling_150_bag.html

El Chubasco
Regular MemberPosts: 325Gear list
Like?

I kept recommending Timbuk2 small camera bag. I have one and I love it.

El Chubasco's gear list:El Chubasco's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 II Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro +6 more
FrankS009
Senior MemberPosts: 2,488Gear list
Like?
Re: Case Logic SLR sling
In reply to ARB1, 9 months ago

I have a Hadley Small. It will take two medium sized bodies with lenses attached inside, a couple of other lenses, and I figure a GM1 in a front pocket. When I grow out of it, I figure I will have too much stuff. It seems appropriate for m4/3rds.

I also carry one camera like a G series of my GF1 in a small bag from Mountain Equipment Coop that cost about 20.00. I find that the camera is safer there than in my pocket after the camera fell out of i.

F.

-- hide signature --

When no-one else is there, the camera becomes my means...to say to a wider audience, "Did you see that?" David duChemin

FrankS009's gear list:FrankS009's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Chas2
Senior MemberPosts: 2,429Gear list
Like?

As always, you can have several bags...

This Tenba Messenger is very light, lots of pockets, and water resist.  Nice that you can enter the bag from a top zipper rather than having to unclip.  Has plenty of pockets, and has straps on the side, so you can mount extra attachments, like a water bottle holder pocket.

Take a look at the mini, small, medium messengers...very comfortable shoulder strap also.

For something that does not look like a camera bag at all, which I use most of the time, is a 5.11 Push Pack which I got on ebay for about $50.  I use my own foam padding and the there is a pocket they call the concealed carry weapon pocket that holds an iPad mini, but not a regular iPad.  I like it because I can carry a 16-32 oz water bottle or an FL600R size flash in one of the side pockets...

http://www.ebags.com/product/511-tactical/push-pack/129484

For a copy, but one that is a little bigger all around, bigger pockets, and has a carry handle on the top, and an easier way to belt it to your waist in scramble situations, look at the T311 (as opposed to the T310) made by Rapid Dominance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-qUFATp_4o

I just use foam designed to insert in a Pelican case or similar, cut to size to fit these military style bags and provide custom padding.  They definitely do not look like camera bags.

Chas2's gear list:Chas2's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +17 more
honeyiscool
Contributing MemberPosts: 999Gear list
Like?

PINOYE90 wrote:

thanks

My girlfriend and my slim camera bags. Hers is a Jo Totes Allison. It's a fantastic bag for women (or men who likes handbags). It is very slim on the sides but opens up in the middle, thereby keeping a slim profile while still holding a lot of stuff. That could probably be customized to hold anything up to a GH3 + 12-35 and it fits all accessories just fine for a day of shooting. Honestly, this is probably the best lightweight M43 bag ever designed, I just wish they made it for men as well.

My bag is a Domke J-803 satchel. It's very slim and attractive but it struggles to hold some of the larger cameras. The camera insert that comes with the camera struggles with anything bigger than an E-P5 (and the GX7) is. However, it's not a lost cause, as I use the insert off to the side to hold lenses, and then I use a foam divider from one of my other bags (the Tamrac insert, actually), and then I can comfortably carry a GH3 + 12-35. It's not the greatest amount of protection in the world, not as good as the Jo Totes, but for the form factor, it's great. Plus, a slim bag like that you keep close to your body is unlikely to see as much rough action as a heavy big bag that you might set on the ground from time to time.

honeyiscool's gear list:honeyiscool's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4 Olympus E-PL7 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,600Gear list
Like?
Re: another vote for Lowepro Transit Sling 150
In reply to brick33308, 9 months ago

brick33308 wrote:

Martin.au wrote:

I just got one - it easily holds my E-M1 with lens attached plus 2 more lenses, plus spare batteries and a filter. Best thing is that it has a side attachment to hold a small tripod (like my Serui 25X).

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1006755-REG/lowepro_lp36619_0ww_transit_sling_150_bag.html

That's a transit, not an urban. Very different.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,418Gear list
Like?

PINOYE90 wrote:

thank you guys for the input... i think i will order tamrac 3440 today due to its very compact and i can hold my camera with kit and zoom lens.

oldman, i really love my GX7... however, with existing kit lens 14-42 is a little bulky for my taste... I am now thinking getting the lens from GM1kit or some slim primes...

I found the 3440 (Rally Micro), just a little bit too small for my needs, so if you do find that, try the Rally 2.  The Micro might work very well for you if you are just taking the kit and one zoom lens, though....you will have to try it in person to see how it does for you.

-J

One_Oldman_4U
Senior MemberPosts: 1,171Gear list
Like?

PINOYE90 wrote:

The GM1 is a gem. It might not have the faster lens of the LX7 but it is very well compensated by the better high ISO shots. I have looked at the GX7 with the kit lens and I have to agree, the kit lens is a little bulky. I'm waiting what Nikon can come up with the new V3 if it ever comes out. If I don't like what it will have, I will get the GX7 body and a couple of lenses (a 17 or 20mm prime and maybe the 14-140II or the 100-300mm tele zoom for reach).

Try looking at ebay for the Pana 12-32. Sometimes people buy the camera with kit lens then sell the lens since they already have a favorite lens. Wish Pana sells the GM1 just the body then I would have gotten the GM1 + a 17/1.8 or the 20/1.7 prime.

Anyway, enjoy your system.

-- hide signature --

Happy Shooting!
---
RiK
---
"It is not the equipment that makes a photograph but the person behind the equipment and it's not how sharp the images are but how they convey the message."
---
LX7, FZ200, Nikon 1 V1 with 10-100VR

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-30mm f/3.5-5.6 +3 more
Daiken
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?

ONA Bowery is the perfect MFT bag imo.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads