How many are selling their NEX-7 for the A6000

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Darren Lee
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
How many are selling their NEX-7 for the A6000
6 months ago

How many of you are getting rid of your NEX-7 or even NEX-6 for the A6000 when it comes out next month? Just curious.

-- hide signature --
Sony a6000 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
miro3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,851
Like?
Re: How many are selling their NEX-7 for the A6000
In reply to Darren Lee, 6 months ago

myself

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
V1V1D
Contributing MemberPosts: 658Gear list
Like?

Still waiting for real world tests on the AF. Really don't want to lose money on my N7 for a lateral move. I have minimal issues with it as is, with the exception of low light AF and iso grain above 800. I'm still a little confused if all current e mount lens will benefit from this new AF. But if everything works out like some claim, I may pick one up as a 2nd body.

V1V1D's gear list:V1V1D's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS +2 more
Vinylly
Contributing MemberPosts: 517
Like?

!!!!!! NO!!!! I like my NEX-7. But if I had the money I might be persuaded to buy the A7r or the Fuji X-T1.

jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,786Gear list
Like?
SELL: but... WHY?? for something less rugged !
  • without as sophisticated external controls !!
  • poorer resolving EVF !
  • and above all at a heavy loss with current prices?!

It'd make much more sense to keep it as a dual body system

jpr2

Frag01
Regular MemberPosts: 164Gear list
Like?
Re: SELL: but... WHY?? for something less rugged !
In reply to jpr2, 6 months ago

Keeping the NEX-7 as a backup and preordered a6000.

Frag01's gear list:Frag01's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +2 more
calxn
Contributing MemberPosts: 796Gear list
Like?
Yup, I am

I am currently using the NEX 7 as a backup to my A7R and for use with compact zooms.  It's not a guarantee that I will get an A6000, but if I do keep my preorder, the NEX 7 will be gone.  I like the new menu system and control layout much better.  For those who want to stay with the tri-nav, I just simply shake my head and LOL at you guys.  Once you set your tri-nav settings, you really never need to change it again.  The configurability becomes a moot feature after that.  Anyway, having similar control layout and menu as the A7R means I will be able to pick up the A6000 and use it seemlessly.

I am still debating on Fuji though, mainly for color, lens, and skin tones.  Sony, like all digital cameras outside of Canon and Fuji renders all skin tones a little too reddish and is hard to fix.  The only problem I have with the Fuji is the slow operation of the cameras.  I am still evaluating.

steph80
Junior MemberPosts: 38Gear list
Like?

Sold mine for A7, and will get the A6000 as backup.

steph80's gear list:steph80's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha 7 Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-70mm F4 OSS
DimitriDV
Regular MemberPosts: 310
Like?

Sold mine on ebay the week of the A6000 announcement.

Lost 40€ in respect of the price I paid for it used a few months back and sold it with the 16-50 lens (kept the 18-55 I got with it). For 90€ extra I get the latest model with all the improvements.

The A6000 low price and improved AF (way more than what I expected, seen the negligible Nex-6/7 difference) convinced me. I also don't understand all the missing tri-navi complaints, I didn't find Nex-7 usage any better than my Nex-6.

Now sharing the Nex-6 with my girlfriend for a couple months

-- hide signature --

Some photos taken since I bought my Nex-6&7: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dimitriv/

jpr2
Like?
re: hmm? but... the a6k has only Mono-Navi
In reply to calxn, 6 months ago

calxn wrote:

I am currently using the NEX 7 as a backup to my A7R and for use with compact zooms. It's not a guarantee that I will get an A6000, but if I do keep my preorder, the NEX 7 will be gone. I like the new menu system and control layout much better. For those who want to stay with the tri-nav, I just simply shake my head and LOL at you guys. Once you set your tri-nav settings, you really never need to change it again. The configurability becomes a moot feature after that. Anyway, having similar control layout and menu as the A7R means I will be able to pick up the A6000 and use it seemlessly.

so... how does the MonoNavi of a6k relates to the back and front control wheels of A7s? Yes, of course the replacement of menus to the RX-1 and A7s style goes without saying = they're not cast in stone, and AFIK the a6k has the new menus already

jpr2

edwardaneal
Senior MemberPosts: 9,101Gear list
Like?

not me - the PDAF won't work with my Sigma lenses. Even if I were to get an A6000 I would still hang on to my NEX-7 considering the price of the A600 how much could you even get for a used NEX-7 $400 or $500 - - thats less than half and I just couldn't do it

JMO

edwardaneal's gear list:edwardaneal's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
PVCdroid
Senior MemberPosts: 2,038Gear list
Like?

I picked up the 5N a couple months ago to supplement the NEX-7. It's a good match where I can shoot the N7 during the day and play around with the 5N at night. I love a new gadget but cameras are a little different. It takes me awhile to acclimate whereas I have the N7 and 5N down and can concentrate on the picture instead. The AF I currently get are fine and ISO is manageable. I'm good for another year and will wait to see what Sony delivers this year and next but eventually will pick up something that has been out for a few months. I'd like to see an A7000.

PVCdroid's gear list:PVCdroid's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R
FramerDave
Contributing MemberPosts: 563
Like?
In reply to edwardaneal, 6 months ago

I also plan to permanantly attach the Touit 12mm to the Nex7 when the A6000 arrives.

Gato Amarillo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,462
Like?
May be buying NEX 7 ...

I had planned to buy whatever new camera Sony announced (have a NEX 6 and A3000 now), but they left me hanging by not including a mic input and touch-screen focus.

I wrote about this on the pro forum, but Friday I got a call I've been expecting for a year or more: "We need stills for the catolog. And can you do video for the website at the same time?" Hell yes I can, because I know every video guy in town can do competent stills and if I don't do the videos I lose the client.

Any camera I buy from here on needs video capabilities, including mic in and, one hopes, headphone out. Costs Sony maybe 15 cents in production cost to do a mic input, at most 2 bucks for me at retail. Or at least they could offer an adapter to the multi hotshoe.

So if I buy a Sony in the near future the NEX 7 with mic in is the leading contender. But the Panasonic G6 sure looks good.

Gato

-- hide signature --

"We paint with our brain, not with our hands" -- Michelangelo
Portrait, figure and fantasy photography at Silver Mirage Gallery:
silvermirage.com

Richard Ettinger
Senior MemberPosts: 1,059Gear list
Like?
not me

Darren Lee wrote:

How many of you are getting rid of your NEX-7 or even NEX-6 for the A6000 when it comes out next month? Just curious.

-- hide signature --

Just bought an A7. Keeping my NEX7. Selling all my canon gear

-- hide signature --

Canon 40D. Canon 50mm f1.4, canon 135mm 2.8/soft focus, Canon 70-200 f4L, Canon 24-105L. Sony Nex-7. Sony a7

Richard Ettinger's gear list:Richard Ettinger's gear list
Canon EOS 40D Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.8 SF +5 more
edwardaneal
Like?
hey gate Amarillo
In reply to Gato Amarillo, 6 months ago

Gato Amarillo wrote:

I had planned to buy whatever new camera Sony announced (have a NEX 6 and A3000 now), but they left me hanging by not including a mic input and touch-screen focus.

I wrote about this on the pro forum, but Friday I got a call I've been expecting for a year or more: "We need stills for the catolog. And can you do video for the website at the same time?" Hell yes I can, because I know every video guy in town can do competent stills and if I don't do the videos I lose the client.

Any camera I buy from here on needs video capabilities, including mic in and, one hopes, headphone out. Costs Sony maybe 15 cents in production cost to do a mic input, at most 2 bucks for me at retail. Or at least they could offer an adapter to the multi hotshoe.

So if I buy a Sony in the near future the NEX 7 with mic in is the leading contender. But the Panasonic G6 sure looks good.

Gato

-- hide signature --

silvermirage.com

if you are worried about microphone for video on the a6000 why don't you just get one of these

gun / zoom microphone

it is designed specifically for the multi interphase shoe of cameras like the Nex-6 and A6000

jpr2
Like?
re: maybe because...

edwardaneal wrote:

if you are worried about microphone for video on the a6000 why don't you just get one of these

gun / zoom microphone

it is designed specifically for the multi interphase shoe of cameras like the Nex-6 and A6000

...hot shoe is already taken for different use??

jpr2

Gato Amarillo
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,462
Like?
Need to get the mic off the camera

Because I need to get the mic off the camera. If I could always get good sound from the camera position it would be a much simpler problem.

Gato

-- hide signature --

silvermirage.com

Ken Sky
Regular MemberPosts: 157Gear list
Like?
Re: not me
In reply to Richard Ettinger, 6 months ago

I just got the Meike underwater housing for the NEX 7. So besides using the Sigma & FE lenses on it, it gets to "live on" as my beach and snorkel camera.

Ken Sky's gear list:Ken Sky's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha 7R Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM +3 more
edwardaneal
Like?
Re: Need to get the mic off the camera
In reply to Gato Amarillo, 6 months ago

Gato Amarillo wrote:

Because I need to get the mic off the camera. If I could always get good sound from the camera position it would be a much simpler problem.

Gato

-- hide signature --

silvermirage.com

have you seen this one - its wireless and gets the mic where ever you need it and it also uses the shoe on the a6000

300 foot range bluetooth microphone

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads