*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.03.01 ***

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
jeffpix
Regular MemberPosts: 140Gear list
Like?
A few photos from France and Geneva
In reply to Wormsmeat, 5 months ago

Dear all,

Last week I posted some pictures of CERN (Working late at CERN and art dress made of string).

Here are some contrasting pix from the same general neighborhood of the world. The first few are from the village of Peyrouges, near Lyon; the last photo is from Geneva.

Peyrouges is a tiny medieval town that is now a tourist attraction. It was thought to have been settled by people returning from Perugia in Italy. I was not able to do it justice at all...somehow Icould not find the right perspective. If I could have taken a picture from a helicopter hovering directly over the town, it would have shown the labyrinthine streets.

All comments and suggestions are welcome!

Best regards,

Jeff

Peyrouges, France

Peyrouges, France: passageway.

Peyrouges, France: door to a garden

Peyrouges, France

Peyrouges, France  - these galettes (sugar and lemon)  are the specialty of the town. The recipe is here . Knock on the window to get one!

Place du Molard, Geneva, with lighted cobblestones. There is a message on each one. There is a wine bar in the Tour du Molard.

jeffpix's gear list:jeffpix's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
alfredo_tomato
Senior MemberPosts: 2,616Gear list
Like?
Re: Went out before the ice and snow arrives.

There used to be a third face in that window.  He's probably on a sabbatical.  The first image is behind the epicenter of local hipsterism.  The last one is inside that epicenter.

alfredo_tomato's gear list:alfredo_tomato's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1s Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN +4 more
dmanthree
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,431Gear list
Like?
Re: Three from Las Vegas
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 5 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

That brain center is one wacky looking building. I wonder how much more it costs to build something that far off the beaten path.

Not sure, but the curvy part is just a facade. There's a very conventional building hiding behind it.

-- hide signature --

No Signature.

dmanthree's gear list:dmanthree's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS4 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX30V Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 +7 more
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,037Gear list
Like?
Re: More Troy
In reply to Bob Tullis, 5 months ago

Bob, that was one of those photographic moments that just sprang out in front of me as I was walking down the alley.  It commanded me to shoot, and I obliged .  Something about the contrast of the clean blue sky and imposing brick buildings in the reflection and the grime of the alley.... For a moment I thought about moving the garbage can away, but decided it made the contrast more dramatic, so I left it there.  (As an experiment, I did clone it out in PP but the shot really lost something without it, so I was glad I had not moved it in person).

-J

jalywol
jalywol MOD
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

For me the last is easily the most successful as it adds a touch of the photographer's art to the subject.

I've shot that façade before, but this time with the shapes of the snow and the blackness of the wet pavement it really worked for me.  Thanks!

-J

bgalb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,271Gear list
Like?
Re: The Governor's Palace, Merida, Yucatan
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 5 months ago

That's my fault.  After posting, I noticed that I had failed to crop a little white edge after a minor rotation of the image.  I cropped, reposted the image, but the full size now doesn't show up in the thread.  You can see the full size image by looking at my gallery first photo.

bgalb's gear list:bgalb's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +5 more
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,309Gear list
Like?
Re: Three from Las Vegas
In reply to dmanthree, 5 months ago

dmanthree wrote:

Not sure, but the curvy part is just a facade. There's a very conventional building hiding behind it.

Oh. The windows must be interesting from the inside.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
labe
Senior MemberPosts: 2,806Gear list
Like?
moody blues.....

-- hide signature --

new to technology,always learning

labe's gear list:labe's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix IS-1 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Fujifilm FinePix S5 Pro Sony Alpha NEX-3 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +5 more
Roberto Angelo
Regular MemberPosts: 252Gear list
Like?
Thanks so much, here's another, same place

Scoppio, Umbria

Epl1 with the Panasonic Lumix 20mm
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbaresco/

Roberto Angelo's gear list:Roberto Angelo's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +2 more
rickreyn
Contributing MemberPosts: 722Gear list
Like?
Sunken River Scene at Twilight...

-- hide signature --
 rickreyn's gear list:rickreyn's gear list
Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +6 more
PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 920Gear list
Like?
A higher perspective

Took some shots of the farm from above. Nexus7 wifiiing to a GoProHero2 with the GoPro suspended under a small kite...well, a small 2 metre one anyway. The GoPro has a usable range of about 200ft (the Hero does about double) and beyond that I switch over to Intervalometer mode and take pics every several seconds (the Nexus is good for framing before the signal is lost). The pond had been dug just before Christmas and the calculation was that it would take 3 years to fill with average rainfall. The south-west of England has had slightly higher than average rainfall since then. I could have flown my GF1 or GX7 with the Samyang 7.5mm for better resolution, but didn't and now I understand that the GX7 is even more limited in wifi range than the puny GoPro. Rats!

Yes...that is muggins with everything under apparent control. The rope and karibeener are used to hold down the kite while I am walking around since I can't hold down the kite and digitise the Nexus at the same time. At this point the kite was pegged to the ground and the GoPro was bobbing around at about 15ft.

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 +9 more
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,309Gear list
Like?
Re: A higher perspective
In reply to PaulChapman, 5 months ago

PaulChapman wrote:

Took some shots of the farm from above. Nexus7 wifiiing to a GoProHero2 with the GoPro suspended under a small kite...

What a cool idea!

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,032Gear list
Like?
Re: A higher perspective
In reply to PaulChapman, 5 months ago

The 2nd is a cool self-portrait.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
john lever
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Maritime Decay

Discovered this old wreck while out fishing a couple of months ago.

Eugene232
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?
In reply to jalywol, 5 months ago

like your pics, do you have Flickr account?

-- hide signature --
 Eugene232's gear list:Eugene232's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Like?
In reply to Eugene232, 5 months ago

Eugene232 wrote:

like your pics, do you have Flickr account?

Hi Eugene.  I don't have a Flickr account, but I do have a lot of shots in my DPR gallery, if you want to look there.

I looked at your Flickr gallery, and you seem to do very similar subjects to what I shoot.  You do live in a lot less gritty/grimy part of the country, though!  (Not sure whether that makes it easier or harder to find interesting architectural elements to capture )

Thanks,

-J

NCV
NCV
Contributing MemberPosts: 695Gear list
Like?
Re: moody blues.....
In reply to labe, 5 months ago

A good set, but I like the first one best because it is well shot and out of the ordinary for music photography.

NCV's gear list:NCV's gear list
Nikon D300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5
bgalb
Senior MemberPosts: 1,271Gear list
Like?
Re: Sunken River Scene at Twilight...
In reply to rickreyn, 5 months ago

This is a very haunting scene that just doesn't have the impact it should have on a small screen.  When the original is viewed on my 27 inch monitor, it has a lot more impact.  This would make an excellent very large print.

bgalb's gear list:bgalb's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 1.4x Teleconverter EC-14 +5 more
chrisjjb
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Mount Edgecombe and Birds

Shot from the back of a boat, wish the GX7 had auto-iso in manual mode

Royal William Yard redevelopment, could have done with a wider lens though

A bit of distant BIF, handheld. Maybe an EM1 next for some PDAF

Wife, Son & 1 Upset Dog. The lead is the cause of all her depression.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjjb
All answers are replies, but not all replies are answers

chrisjjb's gear list:chrisjjb's gear list
Nikon D610 Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
chrisjjb
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Re: London wakes up - Boat

I do love a good bit of HDR. As long as you mix it up I don't see a problem with using all the tools at your disposal.

-- hide signature --

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisjjb
All answers are replies, but not all replies are answers

chrisjjb's gear list:chrisjjb's gear list
Nikon D610 Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads