What Did U Shoot/PP This Week > Today - 3/5

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Mardi Gras, Christmas, Sunsets
In reply to Me Tarzan, 9 months ago

I've finally caught up with all my photos.

It's Mardi Gras time. ...in Mississippi. That's an awful lot of ammunition that young lady has handy.

I honestly can't fathom what would make a feller throw on a costume, ride a float, and throw beads, but they seemed to be having at least as much fun as the crowd.

I like sunsets.

Did I mention how much I like sunsets? (I know, I know; the branch in the upper left ought to go. It will ere I print it. Any other comments & cosntructive criticism welcome, too.)

According to the ecclesiastical calendar, it was still the Christmas Season when I visitedthis monastery, but I only got around to editing this photo last week. (Very little done.) So now the circle is complete: from Mardi Gras to Christmas, in 5 photos.

 cantanima's gear list:cantanima's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix 2600 Zoom Fujifilm X10
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Me Tarzan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392Gear list
Like?
Re: Downtown Adelaide......
In reply to griddi, 9 months ago

Griddi, I always enjoy your photos and they are always interesting like the two you posted. These in particular I find picturesque, and enjoyable.  Thanks for posting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Me Tarzan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392Gear list
Like?
Re: Backyard visitor
In reply to jcmi, 9 months ago

Jcmi, that's a beautiful shot. The only ones we have around here live in zoos. At the Dallas, Texas zoo they have a special section for them. They allow people inside their habitat to feed and interact with them. I much prefer yours. Thanks for posting.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Me Tarzan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392Gear list
Like?
Re: Mardi Gras, Christmas, Sunsets
In reply to cantanima, 9 months ago

Cantanima, I sure like that beautiful sunset.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
expressivecanvas
Contributing MemberPosts: 760Gear list
Like?
Re: Butterflies - Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
In reply to griddi, 9 months ago

griddi wrote:

Very nice and very sharp.........

Griddi....

Thanks for the compliment!  The sharpness, however, I must credit mostly to the sharp, outstanding lens.

Patrick

 expressivecanvas's gear list:expressivecanvas's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
expressivecanvas
Contributing MemberPosts: 760Gear list
Like?
Re: Mardi Gras, Christmas, Sunsets
In reply to cantanima, 9 months ago

Some nice shots there!  Mardi Gras is always fun!

Patrick

 expressivecanvas's gear list:expressivecanvas's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Sactojim
Senior MemberPosts: 3,316
Like?
Panasonic ZS19 in Mexico
In reply to Me Tarzan, 9 months ago

After considering what camera to take to Mexico, I chose my Panny ZS19. Would have loved to take the S200EXR or my D3200, but a good pocket camera is so much easier, especially since we had some lengthy hikes. I have my eye on a X20 that someone in our photo group has for sale and would make a great travel cam with superior IQ..when/if she drops the price, it's mine.

Blackbird of some variety

Iguana

Puerto Vallarta sunset

Boca de Tomatlán. a fishing village south of PV

Whale in Bay of Bandaras

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Me Tarzan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392Gear list
Like?
Re: Panasonic ZS19 in Mexico
In reply to Sactojim, 9 months ago

Wow, beautiful photography and subjects too. Looks like you had a blast there. Thanks for posting these.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
griddi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,626Gear list
Like?
Frank.....
In reply to Me Tarzan, 9 months ago

Me Tarzan wrote:

Griddi, I always enjoy your photos and they are always interesting like the two you posted. These in particular I find picturesque, and enjoyable. Thanks for posting.

Frank, Thank you, your comment gave me a lift, but I also got another lift today, because I bought an Fuji X20........

Greetings,

Griddi......

 griddi's gear list:griddi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica D-Lux 6 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Me Tarzan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392Gear list
Like?
Re: Frank.....
In reply to griddi, 9 months ago

griddi wrote:

Me Tarzan wrote:

Griddi, I always enjoy your photos and they are always interesting like the two you posted. These in particular I find picturesque, and enjoyable. Thanks for posting.

Frank, Thank you, your comment gave me a lift, but I also got another lift today, because I bought an Fuji X20........

Greetings,

Griddi......

You lucky goose. That's one fine camera. My tuck-in-the-pocket camera is another brand but I would eagerly shoot with the Fuji x20, too. Congratulations, and I'm happy for you, Griddi. Show us some pics soon, ok?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
griddi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,626Gear list
Like?
Re: Frank.....
In reply to Me Tarzan, 9 months ago

Me Tarzan wrote:

griddi wrote:

Me Tarzan wrote:

Griddi, I always enjoy your photos and they are always interesting like the two you posted. These in particular I find picturesque, and enjoyable. Thanks for posting.

Frank, Thank you, your comment gave me a lift, but I also got another lift today, because I bought an Fuji X20........

Greetings,

Griddi......

You lucky goose. That's one fine camera. My tuck-in-the-pocket camera is another brand but I would eagerly shoot with the Fuji x20, too. Congratulations, and I'm happy for you, Griddi. Show us some pics soon, ok?

Frank will do......I think I will be happy with the X20, although I worry my other camera's will now gather a bit of dust

Greetings,

Griddi......

 griddi's gear list:griddi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica D-Lux 6 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jcmi
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Re: Frank.....
In reply to griddi, 9 months ago

Hi Griddi,

I have the X20 and posted some in an earlier thread - I'm travelling to Italy for a conference in June and am wondering if this is the camera to take (I'm also considering purchasing a Sony RX10 - bigger sensor and up to 200mm zoom - I have the HX300 and love that, but it's a small sensor).

I have posted a rainbow lorikeet taken with the HX 300 just below these comments in this thread - I see your avatar pic is of such a bird!

Cheers from the east (Melbourne)

Julie

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
griddi
Senior MemberPosts: 1,626Gear list
Like?
Julie......
In reply to jcmi, 9 months ago

Hi Julie,

I love these rainbow lorikeet too, sometimes they came late afternoon to feed on the gum trees in my neighbours garden ( while I got all the leaves ).......

I love your photo, but I know also it is sometimes hard to catch them for the right moment on a photo, they always seems to be on the go........

So nice for you to go to Italia......all these photo motives you will have.......

I also have the Olympus E-M5, and Fuji X100, and was consider for a smaller camera the Sony RX100, but did buy the Fuji X20 instead, as this camera has a viewfinder, came with a owners manual ( one has to download this from Sony, and I don't want always to switch on the computer to look something up ) also has batterie charger, and is made in Japan, against the Sony which is made in China, so I think I will be happy with the X20, and I think, I would it, because of the size, to take to Italia.........only I don't go to Italia, I wish.........

Greetings,

Griddi.......

 griddi's gear list:griddi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Leica D-Lux 6 Olympus OM-D E-M5
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
xoio
Regular MemberPosts: 331Gear list
Like?
Re: Part of the local camera zoo...
In reply to photoreddi, 9 months ago

Are you having a laugh!?

Any PF in the S100FS crop isn't worth mentioning in your pic.

And as for the other two... Nothing but mushy Sh*te!

All your pics remind me of IS exactly why the S100FS IS called the 'legend'...

And that is Excellent resolution, where a 6+ year old bridge camera STILL p*sses all over its successors.

 xoio's gear list:xoio's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S100fs +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,868Gear list
Like?
A Couple Of Oldies ...
In reply to Me Tarzan, 9 months ago

Here's a couple from the much maligned S100 fs. These have been re-edited today as someone asked me for copies from the client shoot I did some five and a half years back now.

Wow !! Time flies.

Miss that camera

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,683
Like?
Re: Part of the local camera zoo...
In reply to xoio, 9 months ago

xoio wrote:

Are you having a laugh!?

At you, for sure.

.

Any PF in the S100FS crop isn't worth mentioning in your pic.

It's not only easily visible without pixel peeping, it was produced using substantial underexposure and on a heavily overcast day, both of which reduce purple fringing. On more normal higher contrast sunny days, purple fringing would be much worse.  It's your comment that really wasn't worth mentioning.

.

And as for the other two... Nothing but mushy Sh*te!

All your pics remind me of IS exactly why the S100FS IS called the 'legend'...

And that is Excellent resolution, where a 6+ year old bridge camera STILL p*sses all over its successors.

It needn't break a sweat. It was compared with two EXR sensor cameras which pretty much guarantees that the old S100fs will out-resolve them despite the EXR sensors having greater theoretical resolution. Now if you want to compare it with a tiny camera with a smaller sensor, Nikon's P330 produces images with slightly greater resolution and did it without using -EC to underexpose. Had I done so the P330's images would have turned out slightly better.

x

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Me Tarzan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392Gear list
Like?
Re: A Couple Of Oldies ...
In reply to Lloydy, 9 months ago

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Dave, you have to be pleased with these pictures. I know I certainly would be. The second one is a showcase with the slats and shadows blending in with the background in a wonderful sort of way.

Thanks for posting these.

It's unfortunate about your s100fs. It's certainly a grand 'old' camera. I guess some things really do improve with age? Like wine and the s100fs. lol

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,868Gear list
Like?
Re: A Couple Of Oldies ...
In reply to Me Tarzan, 9 months ago

Me Tarzan wrote:

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Dave, you have to be pleased with these pictures. I know I certainly would be. The second one is a showcase with the slats and shadows blending in with the background in a wonderful sort of way.

Thanks for posting these.

It's unfortunate about your s100fs. It's certainly a grand 'old' camera. I guess some things really do improve with age? Like wine and the s100fs. lol

... Thanks for the comment.

Yes, I was pleased but more importantly so was the client.

I no longer accept commissions but today would use the X-E1 if I did.That is a great camera also.

The S100 fs was perfect for client shoots. Mind you, that didn't include sports    There it would not have been so good. For almost everything else, perfect.

Fuji - Get off your behinds and make a new S100 fs !!

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Lloydy
Forum ProPosts: 18,868Gear list
Like?
Photoreddi ...
In reply to photoreddi, 9 months ago

photoreddi wrote:

xoio wrote:

Are you having a laugh!?

At you, for sure.

Any PF in the S100FS crop isn't worth mentioning in your pic.

It's not only easily visible without pixel peeping, it was produced using substantial underexposure and on a heavily overcast day, both of which reduce purple fringing. On more normal higher contrast sunny days, purple fringing would be much worse. It's your comment that really wasn't worth mentioning.

... Not sure why you are 'beating this drum' but PF on the S100 fs ceased being an issue years back.

All mainstream editors automatically fix the issue and have done so for years.

Just makes you look totally out of touch 

-- hide signature --

Cheers, Dave

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,683
Like?
Re: Photoreddi ...
In reply to Lloydy, 9 months ago

Lloydy wrote:

photoreddi wrote:

xoio wrote:

Are you having a laugh!?

At you, for sure.

Any PF in the S100FS crop isn't worth mentioning in your pic.

It's not only easily visible without pixel peeping, it was produced using substantial underexposure and on a heavily overcast day, both of which reduce purple fringing. On more normal higher contrast sunny days, purple fringing would be much worse. It's your comment that really wasn't worth mentioning.

... Not sure why you are 'beating this drum' but PF on the S100 fs ceased being an issue years back.

I'll add that to the list of things that you're not sure of.

.

All mainstream editors automatically fix the issue and have done so for years.

And many cameras that have less than perfect lenses also try to "fix the issue" in camera. But as you should know (at least I hope so), fixing the issue is done at a cost to image quality and detail, both of which are reduced when the PF is in effect, painted over. At least you're finally admitting reality. You once denied the S100fs's purple fringing, even going as far as trashing DPReview and their S100fs review because of their characterization of its massive purple fringing that was literally "off the charts".

.

Just makes you look totally out of touch

Coming from you that's a big improvement. Your insults used to be harsher and more personal. Is this a sign of mellowing?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads