SX50 - Loader resting by night

Started Feb 25, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Augustin Man
Augustin Man Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
SX50 - Loader resting by night
1

Thank you for looking,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
unknown member
(unknown member) Veteran Member • Posts: 3,073
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night
2

Augustin,

Interesting.  Was this on a tripod? Auto WB? SOOC?  What's the deal? 

Murry

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Hollander
Hollander Senior Member • Posts: 1,370
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night
1

That's cool Augustin, I'm glad you took this picture. I'm very impressed.

Now are you saying the SX50 is also good for night photography? If so then this camera has it all.

Thank you for sharing,

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

 Hollander's gear list:Hollander's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Olympus E-1 Olympus E-3 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
wingei
wingei Forum Member • Posts: 66
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

I like it!

-- hide signature --

Bonjour...

 wingei's gear list:wingei's gear list
PowerShot SX700
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Augustin Man OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

MurryG wrote:

Augustin,

Interesting. Was this on a tripod? Auto WB? SOOC? What's the deal?

Murry

-- hide signature --

The deal was shooting RAW. Otherwise everything was normal: tripod, auto WB  (it's a sodium street light), no CHDK. I'm however impressed by the details, that could have been more interesting by a better PP

Thank you for looking,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Augustin Man OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

Hollander wrote:

That's cool Augustin, I'm glad you took this picture. I'm very impressed.

Now are you saying the SX50 is also good for night photography? If so then this camera has it all.

Thank you for sharing,

Rob.

-- hide signature --

To keep my brain active I'm looking forward to my next trip. So much to see yet and not enough time.
http://robvorderman.zenfolio.com/

Thank you very much, Rob! I'm glad you like it! Right, with SX50 one could also shoot at night, but there are limitations, for instance without a tripod, I should have used CHDK in order to increase ISO and the shutter speed...

Happy shooting,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Augustin Man OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

wingei wrote:

I like it!

-- hide signature --

Bonjour...

Thank you very much!

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
evancj
evancj Senior Member • Posts: 3,605
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

Another interesting display of the SX50 capabilities. Thank you Augustin!

 evancj's gear list:evancj's gear list
Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-300mm f/4.5-5.6G ED VR
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Augustin Man OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

evancj wrote:

Another interesting display of the SX50 capabilities. Thank you Augustin!

Thank you very much, Evan! I'm happy you like my experiment

Happy shooting,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
unknown member
(unknown member) Senior Member • Posts: 4,085
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

ISO 80 rules.  Great work, Agustin Man.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/tags/22314
John

 j2l3m7's gear list:j2l3m7's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM Canon PowerShot SX60 HS Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Augustin Man OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

j2l3m7 wrote:

ISO 80 rules. Great work, Agustin Man.

-- hide signature --

Thanks for posting, have a great day.
http://www.dpreview.com/galleries/tags/22314
John

Thank you very much, John! I'm happy you like my shot !

Happy shooting,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
dicklaxt
dicklaxt Contributing Member • Posts: 607
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

Good stuff right there Auggie,,,,,,,,,let me play the devil's advocate with a question. When I was a young man (a long time ago) keeping a bucket of a hydraulic system elevated with the system under pressure during idle times was a no-no because it would cause premature seal failure. Do the modern systems have this  factor at play?

dick

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Augustin Man OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

dicklaxt wrote:

Good stuff right there Auggie,,,,,,,,,let me play the devil's advocate with a question. When I was a young man (a long time ago) keeping a bucket of a hydraulic system elevated with the system under pressure during idle times was a no-no because it would cause premature seal failure. Do the modern systems have this factor at play?

dick

Thank you very much, Dick, I'm happy you like my shot! Unfortunately I have to disappoint you on your question, as I'm a software engineer, thus I have only basic notions about the hydraulic systems  The loader was just working in the neighborhood and I'd like to try a night image of it.

All the best,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Norman B
Norman B Regular Member • Posts: 300
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

Very nice Augustin.  Your pics are always nice to look at because of the variety of subjects you post and under different conditions.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Augustin Man
Augustin Man OP Veteran Member • Posts: 6,404
Re: SX50 - Loader resting by night

Norman B wrote:

Very nice Augustin. Your pics are always nice to look at because of the variety of subjects you post and under different conditions.

Thank you very much, Norman, for your kind words of appreciation! I'm striving all the time to learn more about taking shots...

Happy shooting,

Augustin

 Augustin Man's gear list:Augustin Man's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Nikon Coolpix P900
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads