Started 8 months ago | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,496Gear list
Like?
Re: Carnival
In reply to NCV, 8 months ago

Great faces in #4.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Main Beach
In reply to Lumixdude, 8 months ago

Main Beach where?

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Hey there little fella...
In reply to Martin.au, 8 months ago

Birds shots aren't my thing but he's a cutie.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Hawks and more
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 8 months ago

The first is the best for me, I like the 2nd too but it lacks the contrast of the first - easily tweaked.

The sunrise is cool as it is but I think this one where I'd be tempted to ignore the rule of thirds and crop half of that sea out.

Lumixdude
Senior MemberPosts: 2,782Gear list
Like?
Re: Main Beach
In reply to Wormsmeat, 8 months ago

Wormsmeat wrote:

Main Beach where?

Noosa Heads, Australia...

Lumixdude's gear list:Lumixdude's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL5 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Apple iPhone 4 +2 more
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,822
Like?
Public Space
In reply to Hen3ry, 8 months ago

My company has an HQ office up in North London. The lobby is a public space where there's an art gallery and restaurant etc. It's where I took the shot last week.  I've been wanting to take some pics there for ages and finally got around to asking the facilities guys and getting permission. These were taken across a couple of days and I still have more I want to do there.

I showed this first last week in reply to a question from Florida but wanted to post it again as part of the set. Also, I'm really pleased with the composition on this one.

Lower ground level - seat anyone?

Looking up

Not certain that the blue works in this

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Nothing pix to kick off the thread

Really like the frog. I think you could turn that into a cracking picture with a bit of investment in PP

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

herebefore
Senior MemberPosts: 3,295
Like?
Any given day in the last 3 weeks

Actually, more like every other day.

Shot from my front doorstep... just hanging out waiting for the time to go to the snow-blower. I usually wait for end of storm or sunset, whichever comes first...

Shortly after taking photo I had to go and fetch wife home from work...  Snow got removed at sunset, and again in the morning.

-- hide signature --

Larry Lynch
Mystic, Connecticut
Be Careful, sleep can be a symptom of caffeine deprivation
I figured out why I cant lose weight! The only exercise Im good at is CHEWING
Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does
In all matters of opinion, our adversaries are insane.
Oscar Wilde

Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,106Gear list
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

Birds shots aren't my thing but he's a cutie.

That's a she. This is the male. Much more obvious.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Michael L NYC 99
Contributing MemberPosts: 820Gear list
Like?
Re: Rainbows with a GM1
In reply to Duke Gledhill, 8 months ago

Nice double rainbow.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Michael L NYC 99
Like?
Re: Stormy Skies
In reply to sinkas, 8 months ago

sinkas wrote:

We also have had a storm move through this week.

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl
Hobbes: You're ignorant, but at least you act on it.”
Bill Watterson, The Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes

Very nice subject matter here. I always like dramatic clouds. For my taste, I would brighten the shadows in the third shot overall and especially in the sky. The first shot would benefit without the tree limbs in the upper left corner.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Michael L NYC 99
Like?
Re: Because Yaelle loves trees...

I agree that temporarily flooded areas create new and different photo opportunities, especially reflections. I especially like the framing and light of the second shot. The third shot is a tad underexposed for my taste.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to Martin.au, 8 months ago

Well you called it "fella"....
--
Wormsmeat

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16702896@N04/sets/

Michael L NYC 99
Like?

The second of the hawk shots has the best composition for me, but none them seem super sharp when looking at the head. These could have been shot hand held, which would explain that. I also noticed that the eyes were closed in the third shot. I think birds look better with their eyes open and you see the glossy reflection from their eyes. The final shot doesn't do it for me. There is too much empty sky. Silhouetted buildings can be very interesting, but the skyline is such a thin strip here that it has little impact. There are elements to make a very good shot, but I would look for opportunities to make the silhouettes more prominent and varied (or unique) in shapes.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 12,754Gear list
Like?
Winter Morning

An early morning image with some fog taken from the front of our property.  Some snowmobile tracks in the bottom right and some snow disturbed by my 48 in snow thrower.

Andrew

yyr
yyr
Like?

1st and 3rd - nice composition and a bit different from what you usually see - I like them. 2nd birdie is a bit chopped IMO I would have liked to have seen more of him. Having said that you've captured him in a good pose and his face is appealing.

I agree with Michael that these are not as sharp as you might want them to be. When I look at bird pictures (which I'll admit is not often) I am  amazed by the detail and sharpness.that some people manage to capture.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Michael L NYC 99
Like?
Some color, some b&w, some squirrels

Here's an assortment from the past week, mostly from Central Park. I played around with Silver Efex to save some shots I didn't like so much in color.

Path near Wollman Rink leading to the Central Park Pond

The shadows here caught my eye. I didn't like the color version so much, but I don't know if I "saved" it with b&w.

This is an HDR image of Angels of the Water processed in Silver Efex. The color version was very flat and I much prefer how it turned out in b&w.

I posted a color version of this shot in last week's thread, but I prefer this b&w version.

Lexington Avenue light trails with the Voigtlander 17.5mm

There were a large number of squirrels digging in the snow at Cherry Hill in Central Park looking for food. They reminded me of prairie dogs digging burrows.

Most New York squirrels are grey colored, like the one above, but here is a dark haired squirrel.

Regards

Michael

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Public Space
In reply to yyr, 8 months ago

All good; I actually think the 2nd is my favourite. I enjoy shots that make one wonder which way is up. 3 is good too though.

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Some color, some b&w, some squirrels
In reply to Michael L NYC 99, 8 months ago

Michael L NYC 99 wrote:

There were a large number of squirrels digging in the snow at Cherry Hill in Central Park looking for food. They reminded of prairie dogs digging burrows.

Michael

This one takes the prize. A great shot. I like the other squirrel very much too but this fella has a little something extra..

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Winter Morning
In reply to 19andrew47, 8 months ago

Really, really nice. I love shots that capture a sense of time. This feels well...early.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads