Anyone shooting tethered with Lightroom? Need help!!

Started 9 months ago | Questions
Weegee
Contributing MemberPosts: 978
Like?
Anyone shooting tethered with Lightroom? Need help!!
9 months ago

With my old programs ( Kodak & Nikon Capture ), I could change the f/stops and shutter speeds from the computer. I can't seem to do it in Lightroom. Is it possible or did Adobe choose to ignore that setting?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
chrisd107
Contributing MemberPosts: 500Gear list
Like?
Re: Anyone shooting tethered with Lightroom? Need help!!
In reply to Weegee, 9 months ago

Check YouTube, you can tether in LR 5.0. Having said that, you can use the file for the thering from LR 5 and copy to LR 4.

Chrisp
Even a broken clock is right twice a day!

chrisd107's gear list:chrisd107's gear list
Nikon D610 Sigma 24-70mm F2.8 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Weegee
Contributing MemberPosts: 978
Like?
In reply to chrisd107, 9 months ago

Yes Chris, I am shooting tethered with lightroom but I can't seem to change my f/stops and shutterspeeds from the computer! Maybe I'm the only photographer doing that?

Robin Casady
Forum ProPosts: 11,824
Like?
In reply to Weegee, 9 months ago

Weegee wrote:

Yes Chris, I am shooting tethered with lightroom but I can't seem to change my f/stops and shutterspeeds from the computer! Maybe I'm the only photographer doing that?

Just tried it with a D800E. Same result. The shutter speed, aperture, ISO, and WB seem to be readouts only. You can change presets for the image, but all you can control in the camera is the shutter release.

I use CamRanger to control the camera from an iPad. However, it will only import small JPEGs for review. I use NEF+JPEG and only send the JPEG to the iPad. From the iPad I can change a variety of settings on the camera. Tap on the Live View image on the iPad and it will use CDAF. You can also manually fine tune focus from the iPad.

-- hide signature --

Robin Casady
http://www.robincasady.com/Photo/index.html
"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please."
—Mark Twain

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads