Brown Truck Watch

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
SaltLakeGuy
Forum ProPosts: 10,061Gear list
Like?
Brown Truck Watch
5 months ago

waiting on my X-T1 kit arriving today. Same drill tomorrow. Ordered a 23mm f1.4 and 55-200 from B&H coming tomorrow. It's going to be a fun weekend. Just wish batteries didn't take so damn long to charge. That's the first thing I'm doing when I walk in the door from work, fire up the charger........I hope to get some results tonight I can post comments on as a few have requested that from me. Now I'll be on the UPS web site all day watching the progress

SaltLakeGuy's gear list:SaltLakeGuy's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Epson Stylus Pro 3880
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Mike Guffin
Regular MemberPosts: 268Gear list
Like?
Re: Brown Truck Watch
In reply to SaltLakeGuy, 5 months ago

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

waiting on my X-T1 kit arriving today. Same drill tomorrow. Ordered a 23mm f1.4 and 55-200 from B&H coming tomorrow. It's going to be a fun weekend. Just wish batteries didn't take so damn long to charge. That's the first thing I'm doing when I walk in the door from work, fire up the charger........I hope to get some results tonight I can post comments on as a few have requested that from me. Now I'll be on the UPS web site all day watching the progress

I would have taken a sick day... that's why mine (when it does come) is coming to the office... 

Mike Guffin's gear list:Mike Guffin's gear list
Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
SaltLakeGuy
Like?
In reply to Mike Guffin, 5 months ago

I would have except I spent most of the week before last home with the flu, so I was tapped out of sick time.

Sony a77 II Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Epson Stylus Pro 3880
JYPfoto
Regular MemberPosts: 297Gear list
Like?

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

I would have except I spent most of the week before last home with the flu, so I was tapped out of sick time.

Lucky for me I have mine being sent to the office as well.  But I do have reserves of about 12 sick days, wonder what's the new big release to warrant using one.

JYPfoto's gear list:JYPfoto's gear list
Ricoh GR Sony Alpha 7 Rokinon 14mm f/2.8 IF ED MC Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 +1 more
flbrit
Senior MemberPosts: 2,858Gear list
Like?

I hope Ultimate Parcel Smashers don't do just that. I refused 2 parcels over the last few days due to transit damage.

I'm sure you will be fine though. We have a new driver on the route which may be related to the issue.

I'm really tempted to join this band wagon but feel I have to stay with the X-E2 a little longer since I just upgraded from the E1 (before I knew the T1 was coming).

I'm hoping the Pro2 will be worth the wait.

Enjoy you kit. I'm a little envious.

Brian

flbrit's gear list:flbrit's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800E Nikon D5200 Fujifilm X-E2 +2 more
ajamils1
Contributing MemberPosts: 878Gear list
Like?

From B&H? Oh wow! When did you order? I ordered mine on 1/27 and it still shows as "On order".

ajamils1's gear list:ajamils1's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Rokinon 85mm F1.4 +1 more
Pelex
Regular MemberPosts: 120
Like?

SaltLakeGuy wrote:

Couldn't you have just gone to Pictureline or Acme yesterday, and picked one up in person?

cubzfan61
Forum MemberPosts: 68
Like?
In reply to ajamils1, 5 months ago

Ordered mine from B&H on 1/27 as well, and mine's the same.  Still "on order".

bugsy
Forum MemberPosts: 64
Like?

For me it was "white truck watch" and it just arrived about an hour ago.  First impressions are very positive for build and feel.  Feels great in the hand and very well made, buttons and dials seem about perfect in my opinion, but since I'm waiting for the batter to charge I haven't actually put them to use in picture taking mode.

-- hide signature --

Kind Regards,
Paul G

SaltLakeGuy
Like?
That's why I always order NEXT DAY
In reply to flbrit, 5 months ago

because the way the packages are handled and routed they incur nearly NO dropping and have NEVER seen one with so much as a smudge on it when it arrived. Worth it in the end NOT to order the slow boat method.

SaltLakeGuy
Like?
Wifey just called
In reply to bugsy, 5 months ago

it's siitting on the counter waiting for me to get there and start charging up the battery. Oh joy!!

Oh and I didn't get the kit from B&H, just 2 lenses coming tomorrow. The kit came from Berger Bros in NY. I called around and they called me back saying it was in yesterday. Got a call from Bergen County Camera today saying they got 2 in for sale if someone wanted them. I took a pass on it as I already ordered mine

flbrit
Senior MemberPosts: 2,858Gear list
Like?
Re: That's why I always order NEXT DAY

Thanks for the tip. Although once I did get a next day air from B&H (to Florida) with a crushed corner. No problem though because B&H overnighted a replacement straight away.

I do take your point though. Next day air has generally been better for me than 'regular'.

I am really interested in your views on this camera as I used to follow your comments on other forum with interest.

As I stated, I recently acquired a X-E2 (much improved response times over the X-E1 I used to own) and am really trying not to fall for the X-T1. Will be interesting to compare the performance between differences(in focus terms) between the T1 and E2.

There are other interesting differences between the two cameras but for me, right now, focus is the key.

Brian

flbrit's gear list:flbrit's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800E Nikon D5200 Fujifilm X-E2 +2 more
aroundomaha
Senior MemberPosts: 2,270Gear list
Like?
Foiled by the Brown truck

My next day delivery gamble won't pay off. UPS notification this morning "adverse weather in Omaha". I'm in Omaha... umm... nothing bad going on here but I guess there's always Monday.

Guess they knew I hadn't ordered the cool new XT1 but had finally bit the bullet and taken advantage of the great price on the XE1.--

Aroundomaha
http://aroundomaha.blogspot.com
Home of the wannabe photographer!

aroundomaha's gear list:aroundomaha's gear list
Nikon D7000 Fujifilm X-E1 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +6 more
SaltLakeGuy
Like?
Same drill again today
In reply to aroundomaha, 5 months ago

this time waiting for B&H's delivery of my 55-200 and 23mm f1.4 to complement the kit lens. More testing tonight

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads