"But at low ISO nothing can beat this camera." - CEO SIGMA Pt. 2

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 8,046Gear list
Like?
Re: Thanks to all of you...
In reply to TRIODEROB, 5 months ago

Another terrible snapshot.  You're only hurting your cause.

Try doing some actual work with some raw test shots, which should bring you back to reality.

DP1/D800e

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 3,768
Like?
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, 5 months ago

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Another terrible snapshot. You're only hurting your cause.

Try doing some actual work with some raw test shots, which should bring you back to reality.

Too late for that. His heater burned out long ago, and the remaining elements aren't even sufficient to make a workable diode. Moral : People that live inside glass tubes shouldn't throw BS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triode

TRIODEROB
Contributing MemberPosts: 946
Like?
In reply to photoreddi, 5 months ago

Reilly-

you have 7500 posts and still don't know the basics of photographic composition.

in many of your photos you posted in your gallery - the only angle that would make a poor photo - is the one you picked,.

the one challenge and you entered came in 178 th and is a horrid example of your lack of artistic understanding

and yet you talk like an important photographer !

an whoever talks about TRIODES - never actually heard them.

google TRIODE amp AND learn

photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 3,768
Like?
Thanks for the memories (w/apologies to B. Hope)

TRIODEROB wrote:

Reilly-

you have 7500 posts and still don't know the basics of photographic composition.

in many of your photos you posted in your gallery - the only angle that would make a poor photo - is the one you picked,.

you have one challenge and you entered a horrid photo.

an whoever talks about TRIODES - never actually heard them

Of course. Triodes glow. Speakers produce sounds. And FWIW, I've built quite a number of pre-amps and power amps that used triodes. Remember Dynaco? Here's one of my favorites.

Reilly Diefenbach
Like?
In reply to photoreddi, 5 months ago

I prefer a nice pair of KT66s myself, but triodes are cool, too (or hot ;^))

Reilly D's preferred valves! (from Google Images)

TRIODEROB
Contributing MemberPosts: 946
Like?

Reilly-

that we agree on - nice amp !

I built  a clone of a Blonde Bassman 6G6-B a few months ago -you might like to check that one out too

Reilly Diefenbach
Like?

the one challenge and you entered came in 178 th and is a horrid example of your lack of artistic understanding

Really losing it here :^)

an whoever talks about TRIODES - never actually heard them.

I've heard every tube that exists for decades and owned hundreds, although you're probably referring to someone else's post, or something you thought someone had posted.  Who can follow your convolutions?

google TRIODE amp AND learn

This is thread isn't about your silly tubes, it's about your pictures and how they're nowhere near as detailed as a D800e, remember? You're short about 15MP.  Don't bring a cap pistol to a minigun fight next time, okay?

But this is one childish outburst too many even for my high tolerance level.  You're simply throwing mud like an irate ten year old, hoping against hope something sticks.  Time for a switch to standby for BobbyTriode, he's crackling and flaring badly and needs a replacement!

"Click"

fishywisht
Contributing MemberPosts: 817
Like?

My disc sensor responds to the 8th colour, octarine... beat that, Sigcanikon! I like the camera so much, I got in-sewer-ance for it. The little demon inside it does it on commission.

I would post a picture for you, but it's in my holiday chest and it's not playing ball.

Greg A A
Contributing MemberPosts: 607
Like?
KT66s are cool and KT88s rock!

I like your KT66 tetrodes much better than a triode, nice old amp there. Let's really rock the place with some KT88s!

Reilly Diefenbach
Like?
Re: KT66s are cool and KT88s rock!
In reply to Greg A A, 5 months ago

Greg A A wrote:

I like your KT66 tetrodes much better than a triode, nice old amp there. Let's really rock the place with some KT88s!

Hah ha, my second guitar amp was a Sunn 200 Watt 4XKT88 powered monster that could crack a mirror with a 2X15" JBL plus horn tweeter cab.  Not the best sounding rig I've ever owned by a long shot, but maybe the loudest.  Fortunately, I wore earplugs throughout that phase :^)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads