EN-EL14 or EN-EL14A

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Marvin Doering
Senior MemberPosts: 1,580Gear list
Like?
EN-EL14 or EN-EL14A
10 months ago

I ordered an EN-EL14A battery as a backup for my Nikon Df from Amazon.  They farmed it out to some small company who sent instead an EN-EL14.  Before I get my blood pressure  up does anyone know if there is a difference in the batteries.  The 14A is grey and the 14 is black but are they interchangeable?

-- hide signature --

MRD

Marvin Doering's gear list:Marvin Doering's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
sgoldswo
Senior MemberPosts: 3,962Gear list
Like?
Re: EN-EL14 or EN-EL14A
In reply to Marvin Doering, 10 months ago

Marvin Doering wrote:

I ordered an EN-EL14A battery as a backup for my Nikon Df from Amazon. They farmed it out to some small company who sent instead an EN-EL14. Before I get my blood pressure up does anyone know if there is a difference in the batteries. The 14A is grey and the 14 is black but are they interchangeable?

-- hide signature --

MRD

You can use the 14 in your Df, but its a lower capacity battery. If it were me and I had paid for a 14A (which is more expensive) I would send it back and order myself a 14A from Amazon direct or from another seller.

sgoldswo's gear list:sgoldswo's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus E-M1 Nikon Df Nikon D810 Nikon D750
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
billinvegas
Regular MemberPosts: 109Gear list
Like?

You ordered an "A" version, you should have gotten one.

Complain - I would

billinvegas's gear list:billinvegas's gear list
Nikon Df Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Sigma 70-200mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +16 more
Marvin Doering
Like?
A little disappointed in Amazon
In reply to billinvegas, 10 months ago

Thanks for your response.  I am sending it back.  I am surprised that I have to pack it up and pay the postage.  By the time I buy a box, tape it up, drive it to the post office, and pay the postage it will at least equal 10% of the cost of the battery.  No problem if I had just changed my mind but they sent the wrong battery.  Why is it my responsibility to return it?  I'm also betting they don't have the right battery or they would have sent it the first time so I will end up out about $10 and still have no battery.  Amazon should stand behind their peripheral suppliers.

-- hide signature --

MRD

Olympus XZ-1 Olympus E-620 Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 +2 more
Rex In Brazoria
Contributing MemberPosts: 567Gear list
Like?
Re: A little disappointed in Amazon

That's why I normally don't buy anything that is not fulfilled by Amazon.

Rex In Brazoria's gear list:Rex In Brazoria's gear list
Nikon D300 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF Nikkor 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6D ED VR +4 more
winter1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,682Gear list
Like?

Marvin Doering wrote:

Thanks for your response. I am sending it back. I am surprised that I have to pack it up and pay the postage. By the time I buy a box, tape it up, drive it to the post office, and pay the postage it will at least equal 10% of the cost of the battery. No problem if I had just changed my mind but they sent the wrong battery. Why is it my responsibility to return it? I'm also betting they don't have the right battery or they would have sent it the first time so I will end up out about $10 and still have no battery. Amazon should stand behind their peripheral suppliers.

-- hide signature --

MRD

Not sure how it works over there but here in UK Amazons return policy is second to none!  Simply click on the "return item" in "your orders" and they e mail you with a pre paid return label.  Very simple and done in seconds.

Also if it is their mistake then they should pay for the return.   Have you contacted Amazon on this yet as I cannot believe the service we get here in UK is better or different to what you guys get?

if you purchased through Amazon, they will sort the problem.

Regards,

Mark.

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
aarif
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,841Gear list
Like?
 aarif's gear list:aarif's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Nikon D3S Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Sony SLT-A77 Nikon D600 +1 more
Hugo First
Contributing MemberPosts: 755
Like?

i kept one of my spare batteries from my D3100 before i gave it to a friend, and have been using the en-el14 as my backup for the Df.

it works perfectly well, but holds significantly less charge -- and mine produces substantially fewer exposures -- than the battery that came with the camera. that could partly be attributable to the age of the older cell, so YMMV.

still, unless you just want a backup to hold you when your en-el14a gives out, go for the higher-capacity model. not that much pricier, but with perhaps twice the "life" of the other.

Marvin Doering
Like?
In reply to winter1, 10 months ago

It was specifically spelled out by Amazon that I pay the postage.  Hence my disappointment.

-- hide signature --

MRD

Marvin Doering
Like?
In reply to Hugo First, 10 months ago

Thanks.  That is my intention in returning the EL14.  It just bugs me that they sent the wrong one and now I have to pay to return it.  Amazon should drop this outfit from their suppliers.

-- hide signature --

MRD

WIMorrison
Contributing MemberPosts: 915Gear list
Like?
In reply to winter1, 10 months ago

Only true in uk if the order is fulfilled by Amazon, if the item is from amazon marketplace then it is exactly as described - same in UK or US
--
Iain Morrison LRPS CPAGB
<a href="http://www.wimorrison.co.uk">wimorrison.co.uk</a>

WIMorrison's gear list:WIMorrison's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 10-24mm f/3-5-4.5G ED Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR +11 more
Ronald E Watts
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?

I also bought a Df, with EN-EL14A battery.

I have had a P7000 for a few years, which  uses a EN-EL14. I also have a spare battery - cheap Chinese copy.

I have tried all these batteries in the Df, and they all work perfectly well, so just go for it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads