NEW Fujifilm Camera!

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Graham Hill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,355Gear list
Like?
NEW Fujifilm Camera!
10 months ago

Just arriving back home after a 2 week trip to the USA, I added yet another Fujifilm camera to my family of 11.  Now with 12 Fujifilm cameras in-house, perhaps some will finally be convinced that I do not hate and despite all things Fujifilm.

I enjoy my GF670W so much that I added the sister camera (seen below on the left), the GF670 folder to the mix.  What a great camera, medium format quality that fits in a jacket pocket.

A **VERY** special thanks to Billy Inya!!  Without him, this simply would NEVER have been possible!!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ryan2007
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,263Gear list
Like?
Re: NEW Fujifilm Camera!
In reply to Graham Hill, 10 months ago

Still shooting Analog, why?

ryan2007's gear list:ryan2007's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
MrChristopher
Senior MemberPosts: 1,028Gear list
Like?
In reply to ryan2007, 10 months ago

Very cool. What films do you use?
--
http://chriscurnutt.tumblr.com/

MrChristopher's gear list:MrChristopher's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
ryan2007
Like?
In reply to MrChristopher, 10 months ago

MrChristopher wrote:

--

I use Lexar, its one type of media that you get more than the typical 4 images in this format.

Fujifilm X-T1
Graham Hill
Like?
In reply to MrChristopher, 10 months ago

MrChristopher wrote:

For color I use Fuji 400H, except I was able to get another stash of Reala 100 ($12/roll, 25 rolls).

I also shoot some Provia 100F and have a stash of 400X (25 rolls, now discontinued).

For black and white, I use Acros 100 and Ilford HP5 and Delta 3200.

-- hide signature --
Graham Hill
Like?

ryan2007 wrote:

.......'cause I like it.

vkphoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,626
Like?

Congrats! really nice addition to your collection. Look forward to seeing first results.

-- hide signature --
Graham Hill
Like?
In reply to vkphoto, 10 months ago

vkphoto wrote:

Congrats! really nice addition to your collection. Look forward to seeing first results.

Thanks!  It will be awhile but I'll get some results here when I can.

MostlyUnoriginal
Regular MemberPosts: 269Gear list
Like?

ryan2007 wrote:

using film is very different both in the shooting and the final result, and whether or not the differences are appealing is a matter of taste. your question might as well be 'why do you like seafood?'.

-- hide signature --
 MostlyUnoriginal's gear list:MostlyUnoriginal's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 +5 more
jrk
jrk
Senior MemberPosts: 1,245Gear list
Like?

Congratulations on your new addition.  I look forward to seeing some of your work with the new camera in the future.  I've enjoyed seeing your work in the past.  Thanks.

jrk's gear list:jrk's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +7 more
The Davinator
Forum ProPosts: 13,362Gear list
Like?

ryan2007 wrote:

MrChristopher wrote:

--

I use Lexar, its one type of media that you get more than the typical 4 images in this format.

6x7 allows for either 10 or 20 shots a roll.  Maybe you have some reading up to do before you try sarcasm again.

The Davinator's gear list:The Davinator's gear list
Canon PowerShot G3 Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Canon EOS D30 Canon EOS 10D Nikon D2X +18 more
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,670
Like?
In reply to MostlyUnoriginal, 10 months ago

MostlyUnoriginal wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

using film is very different both in the shooting and the final result, and whether or not the differences are appealing is a matter of taste. your question might as well be 'why do you like seafood?'.

No, the question might be more like "Why do you prefer analog seafood over digital seafood, when 99.99% of all gourmets can't detect any taste or other sensory differences, analog seafood is so much more expensive per byte, and it's so much harder to find and prepare?"

Adding to that, if you go away on a scenic desert for a year that has AC power, you can carry a year's worth of digital seafood memories in a shirt pocket, but those analog digital memories will take ... Oh, I forgot. You have to process and masticate those analog seafood memories so very very slowly, one byte at a time, so you probably wouldn't need a truck to be able to remember those analog seafood meals.

Yes, you're right. In the end we submit mostly to our preferences. Graham's preferences, even though he probably really loves large film formats, is probably tainted a bit by a loathing not of Fuji digital cameras, but of the Fuji digital shooters that often unfairly insult and taunt him.

"Revenge is a (seafood) dish best served cold." -- Pierre Choderlos de Laclos

ryan2007
Like?

Graham Hill wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

.......'cause I like it.

Does this mean that the "likes" to this response still use film or are you all just envious of an ancient technology.

Fujifilm X-T1
ryan2007
Like?
In reply to The Davinator, 10 months ago

Dave Luttmann wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

MrChristopher wrote:

--

6x7 allows for either 10 or 20 shots a roll. Maybe you have some reading up to do before you try sarcasm again.

Does not matter by the time you take 10 or 20 shots, focus, advance the film short of a fast moving landscape the moment has passed.

Bazinga

Fujifilm X-T1
ryan2007
Like?
In reply to MostlyUnoriginal, 10 months ago

MostlyUnoriginal wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

-- hide signature --

why do you like seafood

Fujifilm X-T1
bavarius6
Regular MemberPosts: 449
Like?

I love my xp1 but when you do a bit of research you realise that in some ways digital still hasn't matched film, especially if you shoot B&W. Can you show me a sensor that can be overexposed by 5 stops before it loses detail or alternatively a B&W film that only contains 256 shades of grey?

That's why I've recently started shooting 35mm Ilford FP4 again and loving it.

Newer isn't always better.....

Pat

gerard boulanger
Senior MemberPosts: 2,262Gear list
Like?

Graham Hill wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

.......'cause I like it.

Good answer. By the way, what is analog..?

I will never shoot with film anymore, however I do understand the appeal and the results you like so much.

It's like asking me why I listen music from my tube amplifier instead of solid state technology. I know why and with your medium format you do to.

Cheers

gerard boulanger's gear list:gerard boulanger's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
ryan2007
Like?
In reply to photoreddi, 10 months ago

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/shared/bin/FP363SC.pdf photoreddi wrote:

MostlyUnoriginal wrote:

ryan2007 wrote:

No, the question might be more like "Why do you prefer analog seafood over digital seafood, when 99.99% of all gourmets can't detect any taste or other sensory differences, analog seafood is so much more expensive per byte, and it's so much harder to find and prepare?"

Adding to that, if you go away on a scenic desert for a year that has AC power, you can carry a year's worth of digital seafood memories in a shirt pocket, but those analog digital memories will take ... Oh, I forgot. You have to process and masticate those analog seafood memories so very very slowly, one byte at a time, so you probably wouldn't need a truck to be able to remember those analog seafood meals.

Yes, you're right. In the end we submit mostly to our preferences. Graham's preferences, even though he probably really loves large film formats, is probably tainted a bit by a loathing not of Fuji digital cameras, but of the Fuji digital shooters that often unfairly insult and taunt him.

"Revenge is a (seafood) dish best served cold." -- Pierre Choderlos de Laclos

Remember to clean the rollers and better get ya self a silver recovery unit it may come in handy.

http://www.fujifilmusa.com/products/photofinishing/digital_lab_solutions/frontier_FP363SC/index.html

Fujifilm X-T1
ryan2007
Like?
In reply to bavarius6, 10 months ago

bavarius6 wrote:

I love my xp1 but when you do a bit of research you realise that in some ways digital still hasn't matched film, especially if you shoot B&W. Can you show me a sensor that can be overexposed by 5 stops before it loses detail or alternatively a B&W film that only contains 256 shades of grey?

Newer isn't always better.....

Pat

You must be retired and have time on your hands. If you are making these claims you must be processing and printing yourself, right... I would not trust a lab if you are so particular about your claims of controlling shades of grey.

Fujifilm X-T1
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,670
Like?
In reply to bavarius6, 10 months ago

bavarius6 wrote:

Those 256 shades of gray are JPEG (8-bit) shades. Haven't you heard of 12-bit, 14-bit and 16-bit RAW files? They'd give you 4,096, 16,384 and 65,536 shades of gray.

I hope that your 35mm camera is able to prevent film curl and keep the FP4 really, really flat. It's really needed for high resolution fine grain film.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads