Is there an upcoming firmware update for Touit 1.8/32?

Started 8 months ago | Questions
José B
Forum ProPosts: 17,493Gear list
Like?
Is there an upcoming firmware update for Touit 1.8/32?
8 months ago

to make it PDAF compatible?

Thanks in advance.

José

José B's gear list:José B's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,983Gear list
Like?
Re: Is there an upcoming firmware update for Touit 1.8/32?
In reply to José B, 8 months ago

You know I've been wondering this as well, since Zeiss listed on their site back in early Fall that a firmware update was on its way. Curious to not hear anything from them.

matthewdurrphotography.com

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
José B
Like?
In reply to El Matadurr, 8 months ago

El Matadurr wrote:

You know I've been wondering this as well, since Zeiss listed on their site back in early Fall that a firmware update was on its way. Curious to not hear anything from them.

thanks for your comments. I might post the question there in their community blog. It will be awesome to get the pdaf especially if we are thinking of getting the A6000.

cheers,

José

Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM +10 more
miro3
Senior MemberPosts: 1,903Gear list
Like?

supposedly coming in March

miro3's gear list:miro3's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7
José B
Like?
In reply to miro3, 8 months ago

miro3 wrote:

supposedly coming in March

thanks, will wait for it.

jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,841Gear list
Like?
José: given the preliminary evidences of the a6k's AF'ing advantage....

José B wrote:

...esp. in the context of paucity in essential focal ranges (a little less now - but still the E-mount FL range is full of holes, and virtually non-existing in primes above 55mm), it would be very, very surprising should Sony decided to keep crucial communication protocol specs all to themselves and barred them from Zeiss !!!

OTOH, knowing past S's history, it can't be entirely excluded - perhaps 60:40 toss (and I'm biased in favor, so maybe as little as 50:50 might be closer to reality ??)

jpr2

José B
Like?
Re: José: given the preliminary evidences of the a6k's AF'ing advantage....
In reply to jpr2, 8 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

José B wrote:

...esp. in the context of paucity in essential focal ranges (a little less now - but still the E-mount FL range is full of holes, and virtually non-existing in primes above 55mm), it would be very, very surprising should Sony decided to keep crucial communication protocol specs all to themselves and barred them from Zeiss !!!

OTOH, knowing past S's history, it can't be entirely excluded - perhaps 60:40 toss (and I'm biased in favor, so maybe as little as 50:50 might be closer to reality ??)

jpr2

thanks jpr2. It would be great if this lens could pdaf but if not, I enjoy using it as well.

jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,841Gear list
Like?
re: given Zeiss' track record with their 85/1.4 designs...

José B wrote:

jpr2 wrote:

José B wrote:

thanks jpr2. It would be great if this lens could pdaf but if not, I enjoy using it as well.

...I'd be really pleased to see one packed as Touit - of course matched blow by blow with every possible advantage of a6k's OSPDAF as well

jpr2

akositric
Forum MemberPosts: 76Gear list
Like?

If ever there would be a firmware update for the Touit lens, I dunno how will they implement it. Checking the version on the camera doesn't show the lens version. Unlike with other E-mounts, you can see the version of the Body and the Lens.

What I really wanna see is a firmware update for NEX to be able for us to disable Pre-Focus. That way, we can 'Tame' our Touit.

Cheers.

akositric's gear list:akositric's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Voigtlander 40mm F1.4 Nokton Classic Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32 +1 more
dbuss
Forum MemberPosts: 69
Like?
In reply to akositric, 8 months ago

Amen to that.  Either put your setting on manual focus or bring a half dozen fully charged batteries when using this lens on a day's outing.

José B
Like?
alright, alright, alright--they're doing one for Fuji!
In reply to José B, 7 months ago

José B wrote:

Thanks in advance.

José

So maybe we're up next

http://lenses.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_de/service/download_center/touit_x-mount.html

El Matadurr
Senior MemberPosts: 4,983Gear list
Like?
Re: alright, alright, alright--they're doing one for Fuji!
In reply to José B, 7 months ago

José B wrote:

José B wrote:

Thanks in advance.

José

So maybe we're up next

http://lenses.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_de/service/download_center/touit_x-mount.html

Fingers crossed.

El Matadurr's gear list:El Matadurr's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Carl Zeiss Touit 1.8/32
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads