*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.15 ***

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 5,204Gear list
Like?
*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.15 ***
10 months ago

Everybody please...

• Reply to THIS message when posting your own pictures.
  • Keep it polite.
  • If you find someone else's work interesting, leave a comment.
  • Newbies welcome.
  • Photo doesn't have to have been taken this week.
  • Images are often much improved when viewed large.
 Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Rule-breakers and a cheery self-portrait.
In reply to Wormsmeat, 10 months ago
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,266Gear list
Like?
Re: Rule-breakers and a cheery self-portrait.
 Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
sinkas
Contributing MemberPosts: 614Gear list
Like?
By the Sea

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl
Hobbes: You're ignorant, but at least you act on it.”
Bill Watterson, The Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +2 more
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 3,351
Like?

Love the self-portrait. I'll recognise you now when I bump into you in the street. I hope the floods aren't too close for you. We're moaning and groaning but honestly have been very lucky in central London to have no real problems.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: By the Sea
In reply to sinkas, 10 months ago

Great skies on both of these.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Like?
Taken from three different parks

Here are what I consider my best taken this week. Please help me to make each succeeding week's photos better. Constructive criticism on composition, camera technique, and/or post processing is encouraged.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
yyr
yyr
Like?
2 random shots

The Observer is a UK national newspaper. This was taken from outside their London office as the sun made a brief appearance earlier this week. I only had the Oly 45mm with me so limited options for composition.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Like?

I like them both but I like the first one better. Brighter, more sun rays.

Like?
Re: 2 random shots
In reply to yyr, 10 months ago

yyr wrote:

How da heck?!

How do you get the perfectly clear text over the blurry head?

yyr
yyr
Like?
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 10 months ago

I'd just taken some bracketed shots of this interior and was lining up the staircase shot hoping someone would come along. They did but I had forgotten to turn off the bracketing. This single shot was the longest of the 5 exposures at ⅓ second handheld

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Taken from three different parks

That last shot is wonderful. Interesting, different people will like different things about it but for me it's the geometric lines in the foreground water that makes it a standout photo.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Like?

yyr wrote:

That last shot is wonderful. Interesting, different people will like different things about it but for me it's the geometric lines in the foreground water that makes it a standout photo.

Thanks for that. I was/am wondering if the lack of detail in the foreground "subject" would detract.

Like?

yyr wrote:

I'd just taken some bracketed shots of this interior and was lining up the staircase shot hoping someone would come along. They did but I had forgotten to turn off the bracketing. This single shot was the longest of the 5 exposures at ⅓ second handheld

O.K. now you have me hooked. I'm going to have to try some of these kinds of shots myself.

Wormsmeat
Like?

Avoided the floods but had a giant tree come down in my garden

Wormsmeat
Like?

I like 'em, nice and contrasty but the more I look I feel it seems the horizon tilts a little.

markintosh13
Senior MemberPosts: 1,589
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

Just goes to show that you really can't spell Family Funeral without "Fun"?

Wormsmeat
Like?

Well - they all have a reason for taking the picture in the first place

The first is stylish - a definite subject and has something in the foreground to add depth. Not sure if it applies to this shot but sometimes reflection shots work best when the subject and its reflection have the same space above and below.

Duck pics aren't my thing...

The aeroplane shot and the bird in flight work well as a pair, both blue, similar wing angles...

The last is a good 'un too. Rule of thirds for the horizon, subject centered.

So 1,4 and 6 for me...

chrisjjb
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Awful weather in my week off

Baby and puppies, not the easiest subjects in combination

4 mile walk, only one picture worth doing anything with

Black lab puppies on the hunt

My wife borrowed a sling from the local sling library- wanted some pics before she sent it back

chrisjjb's gear list:chrisjjb's gear list
Nikon D610 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Michael L NYC 99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,143Gear list
Like?

I like both shots. The combination of motion blur and the white background work very well. The second would have been helped with a wider focal length to get more text in the frame, but as you say, you work with the equipment available.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads