DPR Hates Criticism... Locked

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
This thread is locked.
Roland Karlsson
Forum ProPosts: 20,599Gear list
Re: I think the problem is moderators
In reply to Heie2, 6 months ago

Personally I think the problem is moderators.

Those guys take their assignment to seriously.

Roland Karlsson's gear list:Roland Karlsson's gear list
Canon PowerShot G10 Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited +6 more
Britney Elvis
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,708
In another forum posting complaints about Pentax reviews

Of course they take it down!   It is spamming another forum with this silliness...
Look at me, Look at me...  I own Pentax and nobody treats me fair.   
After 10 years on this forum and owning Pentax, the need to have our choice legitimized by others still makes me laugh.  
Anyone who wanted the K3 probably already has it.  Anyone sitting on the fence waiting for a DPR review is probably not going to buy it.   And no review is going to get people to up and change systems, unless they got money out the asp...  
And all DPR is going to get after the review is more "But what about this, why didn't you test it this way"  Bla bla bla
go take some photo

-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
~~ Pierre Beaumarchais~~

Butoa
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Re: In another forum posting complaints about Pentax reviews
In reply to Britney Elvis, 6 months ago

Britney Elvis wrote:

Of course they take it down! It is spamming another forum with this silliness...
Look at me, Look at me... I own Pentax and nobody treats me fair.

It was not even another forum. He was posting it to D5300 comment section

Leandros S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,038Gear list
In reply to Butoa, 6 months ago

Butoa wrote:

Britney Elvis wrote:

Of course they take it down! It is spamming another forum with this silliness...

The problem is that until a few days ago, there was basically no attention given to Pentax-related threads in the feedback forum. I waited three months for a simple response.

-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement can replace actual expertise.

klimbkat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297Gear list
In reply to Leandros S, 6 months ago

Leandros S wrote:

Butoa wrote:

Britney Elvis wrote:

The problem is that until a few days ago, there was basically no attention given to Pentax-related threads in the feedback forum. I waited three months for a simple response.

-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement . . . can make DPR do anything.  Why not give it a break and go enjoy actual photography?

Leandros S
Senior MemberPosts: 1,038Gear list
In reply to klimbkat, 6 months ago

klimbkat wrote:

Leandros S wrote:

Butoa wrote:

Britney Elvis wrote:

-- hide signature --

No amount of perceived entitlement . . . can make DPR do anything. Why not give it a break and go enjoy actual photography?

You disagree with my signature? You think entitlement should trump expertise?

-- hide signature --

ragmanjin
Regular MemberPosts: 464Gear list
Re: Tilting at windmills
In reply to ragmanjin, 6 months ago

ragmanjin wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

awaldram wrote:

KL Matt wrote:

Ok sorry about that, didn't mean to make it personal. I take it back. If you would like and would do likewise from your reply I will try to delete my comment.

EDIT: Sorry, it won't let me withdraw or edit that post. It's been more than 5 minutes apparently.

EDIT: So I complained about my own post. Maybe a mod will delete it.

Now that is cool .

I wondered when I did it how often that's happened before -- someone complaining about their own post. Maybe a first for the respective mod and they get a chuckle? Hope I don't get banned! :-o

Maybe they'll see it as everyone makes mistakes.

Have a nice weekend everyone.

Matt

Definitely not a first, I've had to complain about "my own" posts a couple times after my wife thought it would be funny to post angry nonsense on here when I was sleeping/not looking. Also once when I was super drunk and forgot what point I was trying to make while I was writing a post.

Ah, the early days.

-Raj

-- hide signature --

< / sarcasm>

Speak of the devil...what was I saying?

-Raj

-- hide signature --

< / sarcasm>

ragmanjin's gear list:ragmanjin's gear list
Samsung Pro815 Canon PowerShot G11 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Pentax smc DA 35mm F2.4 AL +7 more
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 2,658Gear list
Re: DPR Hates Criticism...

I ufcking hate censorship. The greatest gift a human can have in the world is freedom, and censorship is the opposite. One of the greatest systems of censorship was under this guy

and we know what he was doing. Like my pet monkey used to say, a primate with nothing to hide hides nothing.

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN
KL Matt
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,072
In reply to Ontario Gone, 6 months ago

AHhhhhh the Hitler card! Beautiful, it had to happen, and ... oops, there it is!!

This made my day, thank you.

-- hide signature --

... interested in .... photographs? Heh? Know what a mean? Photographs? (He asked him knowingly). Nudge nudge, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more, say no more, know what a' mean? Know what a' mean?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=183820&subSubSection=0&language=EN

KL Matt
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,072
In reply to KL Matt, 6 months ago

http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Godwin%27s_Law

-- hide signature --

... interested in .... photographs? Heh? Know what a mean? Photographs? (He asked him knowingly). Nudge nudge, snap snap, grin grin, wink wink, say no more, say no more, know what a' mean? Know what a' mean?
http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/home#section=ARTIST&subSection=183820&subSubSection=0&language=EN

walgarch
Regular MemberPosts: 100Gear list
In reply to KL Matt, 6 months ago

KL Matt wrote:

AHhhhhh the Hitler card! Beautiful, it had to happen, and ... oops, there it is!!

This made my day, thank you.

-- hide signature --

Oh Matt, that's priceless An honest to goodness Godwin's law. Good call man!

Someone call over a mod. It's time to pack up, leave and close the thread. Don't forget to turn off the lights on the way out!

-- hide signature --

Will
=============================
http://www.flickr.com/photos/walgarch

walgarch's gear list:walgarch's gear list
Pentax K-3 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads