It's not a really big deal but I got a Magazine Cover.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,940Gear list
Like?
Re: It's not a really big deal but I got a Magazine Cover.
In reply to Joseph Tainter, 7 months ago

Joseph Tainter wrote:

Hey, congratulations.

Thanks Joe...

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
brecklundin
Like?
In reply to MightyMike, 7 months ago

MightyMike wrote:

Well done!

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada

Very appreciated Mike!!

Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
photosbygar
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
In reply to brecklundin, 7 months ago

I confess I haven't read all the replies here, so if this is similar, sorry.  But DON'T EVER apologize for success. It may not be Time magazine, but who gives a damn? Kudos to you - for the cover and the other shots inside.  I have made the cover of a couple of local mags, too, and it is really satisfying. Treat yourself - a good bottle of wine (if that is your thing), a new lens or something special!!

Garth

-- hide signature --
brecklundin
Like?
In reply to photosbygar, 7 months ago

photosbygar wrote:

I confess I haven't read all the replies here, so if this is similar, sorry. But DON'T EVER apologize for success. It may not be Time magazine, but who gives a damn? Kudos to you - for the cover and the other shots inside. I have made the cover of a couple of local mags, too, and it is really satisfying. Treat yourself - a good bottle of wine (if that is your thing), a new lens or something special!!

Garth

Thank you Garth.  Like you say it's not the cover of Time but it is important to the area so that makes it nice for sure plus it is always fun and a surprise when you get positive feedback from those who enjoy your photos and are not simply being polite.  I think that is a nice reward in itself right there.

My treat was to sleep in and have a restful day today.  I enjoy a low key lifestyle these days, it's better than the younger days, who knew?    Would love a new lens but that is complicated right now since I'm missing several thanks to that fiasco of the lost/stolen bag during that shoot.  Plus I'm saving for the 18-35/1.8 that has me very excited along with adding the 30/1.4...I might buy a new bag today though.  I had my eye on a new Case Logic Sling bag (they make some excellent sling bags perfect for our small kits) so I might pull that trigger finally since I am bagless anyway save for the HUGE NattyG Expedition I use for all the other stuff I'm not using when out and about.

Suzy Q15
Senior MemberPosts: 1,997Gear list
Like?
In reply to brecklundin, 7 months ago

Congratulations and yes it is a big deal!

Suzy Q15's gear list:Suzy Q15's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-01 Samsung NX300 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +6 more
webrunner5
Contributing MemberPosts: 644Gear list
Like?
In reply to Suzy Q15, 7 months ago

My daughter lives out there. Pretty area. Well done. Grats.

webrunner5's gear list:webrunner5's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Fujifilm X-A1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads