It's not a really big deal but I got a Magazine Cover.

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
John_A_G
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,290
Like?
congratulations
In reply to brecklundin, 7 months ago

Congrats and well done!  It is a big deal and you are correct to be excited about it.  Thanks for sharing your good news with everyone!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mlkind
Forum MemberPosts: 69Gear list
Like?
Re: It's not a really big deal but I got a Magazine Cover.

That's so cool!  Congrats!

mlkind's gear list:mlkind's gear list
Pentax K-5 II Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited
robbo d
Contributing MemberPosts: 965Gear list
Like?
Ditto......well done

.......regardless of what you shoot with, it's an awesome achievement......keep them coming.

robbo d's gear list:robbo d's gear list
Pentax K-x Pentax K-01 Pentax K-5 IIs Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +7 more
EHDesigns
Regular MemberPosts: 344Gear list
Like?

Congratulations -- well done!  Cool place too!

EHDesigns's gear list:EHDesigns's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K200D +9 more
moving_comfort
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,808Gear list
Like?

Congrats, Breck!!

-- hide signature --

Here are a few of my favorite things...
---> http://www.flickr.com/photos/95095968@N00/sets/72157626171532197/

moving_comfort's gear list:moving_comfort's gear list
Pentax K20D Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D +10 more
brecklundin
Senior MemberPosts: 1,952Gear list
Like?
In reply to Adam Aitken, 7 months ago

Adam Aitken wrote:

Great work brecklundin. Did they ask for particular images, or did you just send them stuff? I ask because I am interested in how the magaziine cover format requires different composition - I mean you need space at the tope of the image fr the magazine title etc. I read somewhere that stock photography requires this sort of thinking too.

More covers for you!

Adam A

Hi Adam,

Thanks.  And no there weren't specific shots asked for.  Some general ideas and after that i got to play arounds shooting what I thought was interesting.  There were types of shots discussed but they let me decide about looks, angles and what not.  I was shooting with web in mind not print though in processing it was with an eye to some print promo materials for the client.

I wasn't asked to shoot for the cover but was shooting for a different project entirely so that makes this better.  Basically this was a case where even a squirrel finding a nut now and then.

brecklundin's gear list:brecklundin's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
brecklundin
Like?
Re: Congratulations and ...............
In reply to emem, 7 months ago

emem wrote:

.... it IS a big deal. You're obviously very pleased with yourself and as "happy as a pig in mud" as they say - and so you should be.

haha...yeah that is about it...it's fun's to get a bit lucky once in a while.  Thanks!

Pentax K-5 Pentax smc FA 31mm F1.8 AL Limited Pentax smc FA 43mm F1.9 Limited Pentax smc FA 77mm 1.8 Limited Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +3 more
brecklundin
Like?
Re: Well done and it just shows
In reply to backayonder, 7 months ago

backayonder wrote:

That you don't need a Canon or a Nikon to get a front cover or even 36 million pixels as a few years ago I also got a front cover shooting with a istDs

I wouldn't be honest if that was not one thought I had.  It feels a bit petty to think about though because as we all say often enough it's not the gear it's the shot.  And in this case they liked the stuff from the little guy.

so thanks!

brecklundin
Like?
In reply to ozdean, 7 months ago

thanks my Ozzie pal...sorry it wasn't a flower though.  

brecklundin
Like?
Very appreciated Thanks!! (nt)
In reply to Stig Vidar Hovland, 7 months ago

brecklundin
Like?
Re: It is
In reply to HozicEmir, 7 months ago

HozicEmir wrote:

gratz.

it is a big deal. keep that way

you got it...thanks a bunch.

brecklundin
Like?
Re: It is
In reply to maranatha, 7 months ago

maranatha wrote:

-- hide signature --

well done this is excellent thanks for sharing it and there's nothing wrong with giving ourselves a pat on the pack you deserve it we all need encouragement from time to time .paul

thanks Paul.  It's fun for sure it's a fun thing and it does feel good.  So I wanted to share with the fun folks here.

ps sorry you to you lost your gear .

Thanks, it was a heck of a night and accidents happen...and gone is gone no way to change it.  Found out it costs $10 to get a copy of the police report.  That one floored me.  Sigh, such is life.

brecklundin
Like?
In reply to pixelsmithy, 7 months ago

pixelsmithy wrote:

On the contrary, it is a pretty big deal! Congratulations, it is a very nice image.

I am really appreciate so many people do feel it's a bigger thing than I thought so that is fun for me.  Thanks!

brecklundin
Like?
thanks!! (nt)
In reply to KL Matt, 7 months ago

brecklundin
Like?
In reply to leopold, 7 months ago

leopold wrote:

Great shot and congratulation for the publication !

Deserved it.

appreciated & thanks!!  

brecklundin
Like?
In reply to moving_comfort, 7 months ago

moving_comfort wrote:

Congrats, Breck!!

MC my old pal!!!  Thanks a bunch for the comment.  You always have such a positive take on shooting.  I recall once chatting either here or over at PentaxForums.com (we can do that now, it seems) about being so creatively blocked.  That was a couple years back at least, but your comments were encouraging and have long stuck with me so thanks to you for that...

brecklundin
Like?
In reply to EHDesigns, 7 months ago

EHDesigns wrote:

Congratulations -- well done! Cool place too!

Thanks and YES, the whole area of the California Central Coast is amazing.  I had a thread a while back sharing shots of the region as well as all of the CA coastline and we had a lot of wonderful shots posted.

Cambria is a jewel of an area and because I live in the region I find I did not really appreciate it near enough until I spent the time shooting there this past December (we had 70F+ days most of the latter half of Dec through mid January...sigh, California winters, they are BRUTAL!!).

That boardwalk is really a nice feature and actually quite recent.  Took some doing but now the locals use it for their daily walks and what not.  I was very surprised at the amount of activity.  The people were so nice as well, thought it was nice I was shooting things other than the beach.

brecklundin
Like?
Re: Ditto......well done
In reply to robbo d, 7 months ago

robbo d wrote:

.......regardless of what you shoot with, it's an awesome achievement......keep them coming.

Regardless....REGARDLESS!!!  Hrumpppphhhh!!  Fine!!!  hahahaha....you are dead one right, it's not the silly gear, well save for the pixel dust enabled Amigos they DO make all the difference of course.

brecklundin
Like?
In reply to mlkind, 7 months ago

mlkind wrote:

That's so cool! Congrats!

Very appreciated....thanks!

brecklundin
Like?
Re: congratulations
In reply to John_A_G, 7 months ago

John_A_G wrote:

Congrats and well done! It is a big deal and you are correct to be excited about it. Thanks for sharing your good news with everyone!

You bet John...felt good when I found out the other day.  I debated about posting because I'm not like that and wanted to just share the fun with everyone.  For me this really is about enjoying it and I enjoy when others share their good shots or news so decide sure why not, now amd happy I did.

Thanks so much for your comment.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads