>>> Street Photography eXchange #85 <<<

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,492Gear list
Like?
Re: Phones
In reply to Brandon c, 8 months ago

i like the isolated primary colors in the scenes, and the similarity between the two protagonists' glasses and cell cases.

i am not a big fan of the green cast and the lack of a shadow floor. i realize that there are instagram-type filters which produce such a look and attribute it to negative film, but actual negative film really doesn't need to look like that. portra has great exposure latitude, but it does need a little bit of actual light to work with...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
xtoph
Like?
consolidated reply to trying on
In reply to albobkin, 8 months ago

first off, here are my favorites so far:

love the hands/fingers, though a little stronger black might be in order

maybe shave a little off the right

the pegs through the eyeholes make this for me.

love the bisected child. consider shaving a bit off the top of the frame--maybe down to the top of blond hair on middle left-- for me this makes a big difference.

this one squeaks in on the magic of the seemingly completely different outfits back/front

of two on this subject, i prefer this one. not sure if it makes the cut, but i like the costume on the right very much, and the spacing and expressions are strong.

the rest don't quite make the cut for me. although the shot of the pixie hat lady┬áis marvelous in its own way, i don't think it really fits into this series naturally. likewise, the turtle shell girl has great expression, but i don't quite feel it expresses the same sort of mood.

love seeing them all, though--

xtoph
Like?
>>> Thread CLOSED TO NEW PICTURES <<<
In reply to xtoph, 8 months ago

please post new pictures on SPX #86 .

you can post comments on photos already posted and replies to comments here until the thread closes automatically at 150 posts, but feel free to continue discussions in the new thread and link back here to what you're responding to.

Sal18
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,149Gear list
Like?
Re: MOMA again
In reply to xtoph, 8 months ago

Thank you Chris - I learned a lot from this critique!

Sal

Sal18's gear list:Sal18's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads