A6000 first picture

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
j0sh
Regular MemberPosts: 206Gear list
Like?
A6000 first picture
7 months ago

FYI http://is.gd/Hhqryb

-- hide signature --
 j0sh's gear list:j0sh's gear list
Sony RX100 II Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +3 more
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,060Gear list
Like?
Re: Fake ... ?
In reply to j0sh, 7 months ago

That looks like a doctored image blending Nex-6 and Nex-7 elements, and sloppily done, imho.

  • The Mode dial is too small - just compare it with the Nex-6 and A7.
  • The flash-socket is non-metal? It should be shiny. 
  • The flash-unit is too short - what will this be: GN2?

I would expect a Nex-6 top with flash unit, but carried forward as-is, unless they managed to get some of the A7 styling on the top plate (according to the rumors). If so, they could move the shutter button to the top plate (alike A7/r) and allow for a second dial in the front.

But I doubt that they have enough room for all that, so I expect it to be very Nex-6 'dual-navi' like (one dial on top).

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

 blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Beaverhelmet
Contributing MemberPosts: 586Gear list
Like?
Re: Fake ... ?
In reply to blue_skies, 7 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

  • The Mode dial is too small - just compare it with the Nex-6 and A7.

Compared with my A7R, and it seems to be about the same size (using the flash hotshoe as reference).

  • The flash-socket is non-metal? It should be shiny.

Nah, it's probably black coating. Just like on the RX1. Wish my A7R had a black shoe as well.

  • The flash-unit is too short - what will this be: GN2?

Your guess is as good as mine. But for what it's worth, the built in flash is still to be considered as an emergency flash so it really doesn't have to be that strong imho. But it would be quite sweet if it could be used to control off-camera strobes. THAT would be a proper improvement.

I would expect a Nex-6 top with flash unit, but carried forward as-is, unless they managed to get some of the A7 styling on the top plate (according to the rumors). If so, they could move the shutter button to the top plate (alike A7/r) and allow for a second dial in the front.

But I doubt that they have enough room for all that, so I expect it to be very Nex-6 'dual-navi' like (one dial on top).

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

I like the fact that the lens mount is black. Hope this is something we will see on the final product.

 Beaverhelmet's gear list:Beaverhelmet's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-5N Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha 7R Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,354
Like?
Just a few hours and we will see the real pictures...
In reply to j0sh, 7 months ago

And then we know the real specs of this camera. Then we know if it realy is fast focussing etc.

One thing I say for Sony, they kept all things very secret up to the last days...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
spacemn
Contributing MemberPosts: 950
Like?
Re: Fake ... ?
In reply to blue_skies, 7 months ago

blue_skies wrote:

That looks like a doctored image blending Nex-6 and Nex-7 elements, and sloppily done, imho.

  • The Mode dial is too small - just compare it with the Nex-6 and A7.
  • The flash-socket is non-metal? It should be shiny.
  • The flash-unit is too short - what will this be: GN2?

I would expect a Nex-6 top with flash unit, but carried forward as-is, unless they managed to get some of the A7 styling on the top plate (according to the rumors). If so, they could move the shutter button to the top plate (alike A7/r) and allow for a second dial in the front.

But I doubt that they have enough room for all that, so I expect it to be very Nex-6 'dual-navi' like (one dial on top).

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

I agree, it looks PS'ed. Not a bad job though. They have taken a NEX-7 top plate and made the alterations it seems.

According to SAR the grip is supposed to be like the A7, the grip on this is almost identical to the current NEX-6/7.

However, the matt plastic surface is probably expected. The rumoured price does not indicate mag alloy body.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
tomhongkong
Senior MemberPosts: 2,431
Like?
Re: Fake ... ?
In reply to spacemn, 7 months ago

If it is real it has an MR setting (memory recall) for custom settings which would be a great improvement.

tom

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
quezra
Senior MemberPosts: 2,430Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to j0sh, 7 months ago

SAR's one looks much more convincing.  No tri-navi

 quezra's gear list:quezra's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony Alpha NEX-5N Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
spacemn
Contributing MemberPosts: 950
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to quezra, 7 months ago

quezra wrote:

SAR's one looks much more convincing. No tri-navi

Alright... the first photo actually was valid it seems.

I like the black mount flange and the camera looks good overall.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,786Gear list
Like?
OTOH: another (more frontal) got SR5 grade
In reply to spacemn, 7 months ago

from SAR

  • if true then gonne are the dreams of A7-like UI and external controls
  • which would affect configurability/flexibility;
  • and of course many structure/options;

also some specs:

  •  24.3MP Exmor APS HD CMOS sensos;
  • image processing engine BIONZ X;
  • LCD 921,000 dot 3.0-inch. tiltable;
  • kit lens 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS;
  • double kit 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS + 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS;

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
CalvinLayne
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to spacemn, 7 months ago

After a few lens switches the black mount is gonna be full of unsightly scratches ugh there goes my planned update.

 CalvinLayne's gear list:CalvinLayne's gear list
A3000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
nevercat
Senior MemberPosts: 2,354
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to CalvinLayne, 7 months ago

CalvinLayne wrote:

After a few lens switches the black mount is gonna be full of unsightly scratches ugh there goes my planned update.

WOW update from what camera? I see only Canon on your gear list....

Then when you use your camera the only scratches will be on the front of the mount, that is always under the lens you use, so you won't see it. this is the most ridiculous reason not to buy a camera. When you don't like Sony, that is a good reason not to buy it, but the cr@p you tell is not more then funny!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
CalvinLayne
Junior MemberPosts: 28Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to nevercat, 7 months ago

nevercat wrote:

CalvinLayne wrote:

After a few lens switches the black mount is gonna be full of unsightly scratches ugh there goes my planned update.

WOW update from what camera? I see only Canon on your gear list....

Then when you use your camera the only scratches will be on the front of the mount, that is always under the lens you use, so you won't see it. this is the most ridiculous reason not to buy a camera. When you don't like Sony, that is a good reason not to buy it, but the cr@p you tell is not more then funny!

I'd be updating from the nex 5t. I'm rather picky when it comes to camera bodies, I can't stand anodized metal anywhere on the body because of how easy it scratches. If a silver option is available though I'd make an exception since it conceals scratches better. It's a personal thing but I like to resell bodies when I upgrade so keeping it in near mint is second nature to me and anodized parts make it that much harder lol.

 CalvinLayne's gear list:CalvinLayne's gear list
A3000
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
DAndison
Regular MemberPosts: 273Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to nevercat, 7 months ago

nevercat wrote:

CalvinLayne wrote:

After a few lens switches the black mount is gonna be full of unsightly scratches ugh there goes my planned update.

WOW update from what camera? I see only Canon on your gear list....

Then when you use your camera the only scratches will be on the front of the mount, that is always under the lens you use, so you won't see it. this is the most ridiculous reason not to buy a camera. When you don't like Sony, that is a good reason not to buy it, but the cr@p you tell is not more then funny!

Flippin heck.... relax, it's their reason and there's alone. Just because it doesn't match your logic doesn't make any the less valid. As you can see, they do have a Nex.

Personally, I think it looks ok, I did like the Tri-Navi and thought it was one of the best features of the Nex7 but.... I can only assume the majority of people preferred the Nex6 layout more.

The most important issue will be how it handles wide angle lenses. Hopefully they have resolved the magenta casting and the noise issues of the Nex7 (over 800iso). The Nex6 produced better images overall with the 16mp sensor. Once you got over 800 ISO, I found I had to reduce the image size to get it past agencies Quality Control. Which sort of defeated the point of the larger sensor.

 DAndison's gear list:DAndison's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Brian P Smith
Junior MemberPosts: 30Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to DAndison, 7 months ago

Guess all that complaining and fear mongering about an EVF hump was blown way out of proportion, eh guys?

-- hide signature --

(Not the renowned photographer, just a pharmacist that likes to take pictures)

 Brian P Smith's gear list:Brian P Smith's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX10 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-H3 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RobDJW
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to Brian P Smith, 7 months ago

Guess all that complaining and fear mongering about an EVF hump was blown way out of proportion, eh guys?

-- hide signature --

(Not the renowned photographer, just a pharmacist that likes to take pictures)

Being a fact that no camera is perfect, there will be enough left to moan about.

 RobDJW's gear list:RobDJW's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,712
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to j0sh, 7 months ago

j0sh wrote:

FYI http://is.gd/Hhqryb

-- hide signature --

The A7-style grip is a bit of a worry: I find the 'ridge' on the A7 grip very uncomfortable

A big concern to me as ergonomics are very important - if you don't like handling a camera then you won't use it (unless you are a pro and need to for your job)

Also if this camera contains the same EVF as the A7 then it is final proof that the A7's 'hump' is just a 'fashion statement' and not technically necessary!   Maybe the internal flash would have to be removed, but otherwise there is sufficient space for a FF sensor in this body...  so why wasn't the A7 housed in a NEX-6 and the A7r in a NEX-7 body?

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
parallaxproblem
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,712
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to Brian P Smith, 7 months ago

Brian P Smith wrote:

Guess all that complaining and fear mongering about an EVF hump was blown way out of proportion, eh guys?

-- hide signature --

(Not the renowned photographer, just a pharmacist that likes to take pictures)

Not yet, we still have to see the camera (and the NEX-7 replacement) released

And how do you know that there wasn't also a DSLR-style option for this camera planned, that got dropped when Sony saw a number (not just me) of people complaining about it?  Sony have admitted there were several options planned for the A7 and that the DSLR style one was chosen pretty late in the process - why not the other way around here?

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
RobDJW
Regular MemberPosts: 180Gear list
Like?
Re: A6000 first picture
In reply to parallaxproblem, 7 months ago

j0sh wrote:

FYI http://is.gd/Hhqryb

-- hide signature --

The A7-style grip is a bit of a worry: I find the 'ridge' on the A7 grip very uncomfortable

A big concern to me as ergonomics are very important - if you don't like handling a camera then you won't use it (unless you are a pro and need to for your job)

Also if this camera contains the same EVF as the A7 then it is final proof that the A7's 'hump' is just a 'fashion statement' and not technically necessary!   Maybe the internal flash would have to be removed, but otherwise there is sufficient space for a FF sensor in this body...  so why wasn't the A7 housed in a NEX-6 and the A7r in a NEX-7 body?

-- hide signature --

DUMP the HUMP! Campaign for *REAL* NEX replacement bodies
* newly updated ignore list: hostile responses are probably not visible to me

Don't remember where I read it, but Sony had the biggest problem in putting in the shutter meganism into the a7/r. That is probably the reasen for the hump.

 RobDJW's gear list:RobDJW's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* E 24mm F1.8 ZA Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Tamron 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 Di III VC Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
jpr2
Forum ProPosts: 13,786Gear list
Like?
re: DITTO = perhaps it was the level of the outcry that saved us...
In reply to parallaxproblem, 7 months ago

parallaxproblem wrote:

Not yet, we still have to see the camera (and the NEX-7 replacement) released

And how do you know that there wasn't also a DSLR-style option for this camera planned, that got dropped when Sony saw a number (not just me) of people complaining about it? Sony have admitted there were several options planned for the A7 and that the DSLR style one was chosen pretty late in the process - why not the other way around here?

...from more humpbacks? Also... given the persistent rumor-mongering that a6k body is replacement for both N6 and N7, them perhaps should there be a persistent users' voice requesting the N7 mk-II, it might not be scratched !!!

jpr2

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Donny out of Element here
Contributing MemberPosts: 693Gear list
Like?
Re: Just a few hours and we will see the real pictures...
In reply to nevercat, 7 months ago

nevercat wrote:

And then we know the real specs of this camera. Then we know if it realy is fast focussing etc.

One thing I say for Sony, they kept all things very secret up to the last days...

How is that possible? Usually it's days and days before someone posts a review of AF. All other websites like DPR, imaging-resoirce and countless other will as usual say that they "haven't done proper AF testing but it seems to be responsive" - so basically useless information as usual. Only weeks after someone will do some AF tests with video etc. It was same with A7/r - everyone said AF was good, but no one actually compared it in real life or with other cameras, or how fast it was.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads