NX1 rumors

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,140Gear list
Like?
NX1 rumors
10 months ago

From photorumors:

'Samsung NX1 will be announced in autumn (Photokina) with a 28MP APS-C sensor and 4k video recording capabilities. The camera will be weather sealed and will run on the Android OS.'

I hope they are wrong about android as an os. But I hope they are right for the rest. Of course I hope it'll have a rangefinder body, though I doubt it considering other nx cameras. Alas.

-- hide signature --

* Dear haters, you are now in my ignore list, so your hostile responses are probably not visible to me.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,772Gear list
Like?
Re: NX1 rumors
In reply to tecnoworld, 10 months ago

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

'Samsung NX1 will be announced in autumn (Photokina) with a 28MP APS-C sensor and 4k video recording capabilities. The camera will be weather sealed and will run on the Android OS.'

I hope they are wrong about android as an os. But I hope they are right for the rest. Of course I hope it'll have a rangefinder body, though I doubt it considering other nx cameras. Alas.

Lol, watch it will be "Galaxy" NX1.  More then likely they mean tizen?  I wouldn't give up on rangefinder bodies, I imagine they will do more of those.

As long as it is as good as the NX30 ergonomically, I would be fine with it

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
hootsmon
Contributing MemberPosts: 816Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, 10 months ago

viking79 wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

Lol, watch it will be "Galaxy" NX1.

Oh, horrors! That would be flogging a dead horse, yet I think you're probably right.

More then likely they mean tizen?

No, I'm not betting on Tizen OS, since there's mounting evidence the wheels just fell off Tizen .

I wouldn't give up on rangefinder bodies, I imagine they will do more of those.

I sure hope so, but the window of opportunity to act is closing fast

As long as it is as good as the NX30 ergonomically, I would be fine with it

Me too

hootsmon's gear list:hootsmon's gear list
Samsung NX11 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA
cyco2
Regular MemberPosts: 151Gear list
Like?
In reply to hootsmon, 10 months ago

For sure it will not be Android! It make not sense at all! Samsung is not stupid

It will run on Tizen - its much more responsable!

And im pretty sure that it not will be rangefinder style... Did you ever saw a rangefinder styled top of the notch body from any company?

jonathanj
Contributing MemberPosts: 510Gear list
Like?
In reply to cyco2, 10 months ago

cyco2 wrote:

For sure it will not be Android! It make not sense at all! Samsung is not stupid

It will run on Tizen - its much more responsable!

And im pretty sure that it not will be rangefinder style... Did you ever saw a rangefinder styled top of the notch body from any company?

Leica?

Sorry, couldn't resist! Personally I doubt it will be a rangefinder style too, I suspect something more along the lines of the Panasonic GH4 style, with optional grips, etc.

jonathanj's gear list:jonathanj's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Samsung NX20 Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake +3 more
Troutguy
Regular MemberPosts: 223Gear list
Like?

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

-- hide signature --

* Dear haters, you are now in my ignore list, so your hostile responses are probably not visible to me.

well, its only rumours but, I dont need or want 28MP and I dont need or want 4k video or ( any video really)

Slowly, slowly Samsung and I are diverging. Good I dont have a whole lot invested.

viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,772Gear list
Like?
In reply to Troutguy, 10 months ago

Troutguy wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

-- hide signature --

well, its only rumours but, I dont need or want 28MP and I dont need or want 4k video or ( any video really)

Slowly, slowly Samsung and I are diverging. Good I dont have a whole lot invested.

I think all manufacturers are going to go to 4k video and higher resolutions.  Not really something specific to Samsung.

Eric

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Raw Jaw
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140
Like?

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

-- hide signature --

* Dear haters, you are now in my ignore list, so your hostile responses are probably not visible to me

I don't think so.

With Nikon on thin ice with its '1' system cameras, Samsung is going to the 1" market with three lenses?

I don't think so.

Seems my fellow posters forgot the 'Samsung Chart' listing the NX1 as 'Professional".

This would leave out a Galaxy NX type camera imo.

4K will go the way 3D has on more than one occasion.

Present day Home based memories and processors are not 4K 'designed'.

And raising the APS-C sensor to 28 mp will only generate the 'flat pixel - flat contrast' look

of a 1: sensor.

Th only thing I agree with is we won't have to wait too long to find out.

pixelpushing
Senior MemberPosts: 2,024Gear list
Like?

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

I hope they are wrong about android as an os.

I'd much prefer Android over what the NX300 has. In fact, I'd prefer almost anything over that.

pixelpushing's gear list:pixelpushing's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apple iPad Air
pixelpushing
Senior MemberPosts: 2,024Gear list
Like?
In reply to Troutguy, 10 months ago

Troutguy wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

-- hide signature --

well, its only rumours but, I dont need or want 28MP and I dont need or want 4k video or

Like it or not, tech marches on.

Or do you still use a 4MP camera with a SmartMedia card and 320x240 video? What does 'need' really mean to an amateur enthusiast..?

pixelpushing's gear list:pixelpushing's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 II Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apple iPad Air
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Nothing to be surprised of NXF1 will be turned into 1' sensor,since i'd ever told everyone before with my previous thread about Samsung will be manufactured the pocket size of *mini NX Camera*,thats what i'm talked about..
About NX1...will be announced on April with those specs?Haha,what the jokes,but If announced in Photokina,i truly believe it is truth(IMO),then will be available on year 2015 Q1 ... But everything still rumors ...

Jerry0619's gear list:Jerry0619's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS +1 more
mrggt
Forum MemberPosts: 88Gear list
Like?

Well I hope we get plent of rumours this year and hopefully some official news whatever it is can only be good for nx system with the exception of a galaxy type camera. I hope the to see the 50-150 lens soon too as this and the 16_50s lens would be great on a flagship camera if they are even better than the original lenses.

I think it would be nice if they could make a larger apsc sensor like the canon x1.3 crop but I shall look forward to any flagship camera as I do think the nx system is going inthe write direction now

mrggt's gear list:mrggt's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony SLT-A77 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS +9 more
Cigarguy
Regular MemberPosts: 255
Like?
In reply to mrggt, 10 months ago

Hmmmm....browse any forum of any manufacturer and "rumor" is synonymous with "wishlist".  Since it's rumor and fantasy, I wish for FF, unbeatable ergonomics, fits in my pocket, shoot in pitch black at 1/500 sec shutter speed with no noise, take videos that will shame a Hollywood studio, is able to download to my server at 1 Gps wifi speed, indestructible, waterproof, comes with a kitchen sink incase I get my hands dirty, MSRP $99.99 and comes with a 20 year customer satisfaction no question ask warranty.

Now there's a rumored camera to be excited about.

lol101
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,291Gear list
Like?
In reply to pixelpushing, 10 months ago

pixelpushing wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

I'd much prefer Android over what the NX300 has. In fact, I'd prefer almost anything over that.

I think you are in a very small minority on that subject.

Samsung's UI has always been recognized as being particularly nice and efficient when it comes to photography and I agree with that.

When it comes to downloading apps and games, Android sure does better though...

lol101's gear list:lol101's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II N Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 1000D Samsung NX1000 Canon EOS 6D +13 more
targut
Regular MemberPosts: 424Gear list
Like?

The only truth here is the name and that it is weather sealed.

targut's gear list:targut's gear list
Samsung NX200 Samsung NX2000 Fujifilm X-A1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS +6 more
Taffy
Taffy MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,673
Like?
In reply to pixelpushing, 10 months ago

pixelpushing wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

Well I have the NX300, and a Galaxy NX. The 300, as everyone knows has a Tizen OS, while the Galaxy NX has the Android OS. The NX300's OS is head and shoulders above the Android system, IMO. Tha Android is too slow to start, is to power hungry. Despit the Galaxy NX having a lrger battery, it has a much reduced shooting life, when compared to the NX300. With all uneccessary items disabled in the NX300, and juducious use on the on/off control, I can get a full day's shooting and hudreds of pics out of the 300. Using the Galaxy NX with its larger battery, turniing off every uneccassary thing in the camera, i.e. using it only ti take photo's, I can only get around 4 hours of use before it warns me of having a low battery. No, I would take the 300 over a Galaxy NX any day. I also prefer the style, abd size of the NX300. Of course, this is my preference, and I'm listing MY dislikes, but YMMV.

-- hide signature --

Have a good day.
Regards, Allan.

tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,140Gear list
Like?
In reply to cyco2, 10 months ago

Fuji x-pro 1. And it's been much more successful than any dslr like nx xx.

-- hide signature --

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Raw Jaw
Like?
In reply to Taffy, 10 months ago

Taffy wrote:

pixelpushing wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

From photorumors:

Well I have the NX300, and a Galaxy NX. The 300, as everyone knows has a Tizen OS, while the Galaxy NX has the Android OS. The NX300's OS is head and shoulders above the Android system, IMO. Tha Android is too slow to start, is to power hungry. Despit the Galaxy NX having a lrger battery, it has a much reduced shooting life, when compared to the NX300. With all uneccessary items disabled in the NX300, and juducious use on the on/off control, I can get a full day's shooting and hudreds of pics out of the 300. Using the Galaxy NX with its larger battery, turniing off every uneccassary thing in the camera, i.e. using it only ti take photo's, I can only get around 4 hours of use before it warns me of having a low battery. No, I would take the 300 over a Galaxy NX any day. I also prefer the style, abd size of the NX300. Of course, this is my preference, and I'm listing MY dislikes, but YMMV.

-- hide signature --

Have a good day.
Regards, Allan.

I use my NX 300 with my Nexus 7 tablet with an Eye-Fi card.

I enjoy the best of both Tizen and Androd and can shoot and transfer Raw on the go.

My only real problem with my NX300 is it gets very hot at times. So hot that I switch batteries to help cool it down,  A revised NX300 needs an improved heat sink system.

Cigarguy
Regular MemberPosts: 255
Like?

Why in the world would Samsung want to put themselves at the mercy of Google by going with Android?  It's not like Samsung lacks resources or a camera OS is that complex compared to that of a smartphone.  Android is becoming too fragmented and Samsung will have to wait for Google or at the very least get permission from Google in order to do updates.

Raw Jaw
Like?
In reply to Cigarguy, 10 months ago

Cigarguy wrote:

Why in the world would Samsung want to put themselves at the mercy of Google by going with Android? It's not like Samsung lacks resources or a camera OS is that complex compared to that of a smartphone. Android is becoming too fragmented and Samsung will have to wait for Google or at the very least get permission from Google in order to do updates.

Not according to this:

http://www.engadget.com/2014/01/26/google-and-samsung-patent-license-deal/

Makes your statements invalid.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads