*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,072Gear list
Like?
Re: The fog rolls in
In reply to yyr, 9 months ago

yyr wrote:

I really like the second one, Florida. I think I might try and crop away a little of the white on the left hand side - I'm not 100% sure but there might be just a bit too much of it. The colours and composition are very well done though.

I tried your suggestion  and I think I like it. I am going to look again after a wait. Thanks.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Like?
Re: A sunny interval

yyr wrote:

LOL Michael. If it's anything like the rain we've been having in London it's just been strong blustery winds and wet. Not to mention the cold I'd happily trade it for your picturesque snow.

I've been thinking the same thing lately. We've had a couple of weeks of frequent cold rain. I have been thinking and saying to people that I'd rather have 30 and snow.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***
In reply to Burton Randol, 9 months ago
Like?
Re: A couple more

Those are very inspiring. I'm going to have to start taking a more serious look at ordinary objects.

Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,859Gear list
Like?
In reply to chrisjjb, 9 months ago

Well, I'll leave the bird shots to others but as for the tree shots:-

The first has a nice crisp vibe but I think the contrast is a bit high for the subject, that level of contrast might work better for B&W. HDR can be used to show detail in the shadows whilst not blowing out the highlights, that might help here. But I like the sense of bright sun and the dark sky.

I think it's a good composition; dunno what's over the other side of the stone wall but maybe a slightly higher viewpoint might have emphasised the diagonal of the wall. Maybe place the tree slightly to the left and allowing the wall to lead the eye to the tree.

HDR is tricky though, you kinda just know when it's right.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 4,859Gear list
Like?
Re: Still winter...
In reply to jalywol, 9 months ago

I've got my best pics as my PC wallpaper...no pleasing some people

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Like?
Re: Winter scenes
In reply to Frank B, 9 months ago

I've tried shots like the leaf in the snow myself. They've never turned out as nice as yours.

stinelise
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Re: Winter Landscapes
In reply to Wormsmeat, 9 months ago

Wormsmeat wrote:

#3 is nice but I thinks I'd have cropped a touch off the bottom. Rule of thirds and all that.

Yes Sir, I will follow the rules Tanks for the advice Wormsmeat, it did actually looks better.

//Stine

stinelise's gear list:stinelise's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 13,364Gear list
Like?
Re: More mist.

Both attractive atmospheric shots.  I like the monochrome, perhaps because it appears larger on my screen because of the orientation.  It gets an unfair advantage.

Andrew

falconine
New MemberPosts: 14Gear list
Like?

This week I've been fooling around with a couple of old Canon lenses which I mounted on my E-P3.

The FD lens dates to 1980 and came attached to a Canon A-1.

The FL to around 1969-70. It came as the kit lens on a Canon FT QL. I still have both cameras.

I love the auto-focus, technological advances and size of my Oly lenses, but there is something very appealing and satisfying about these old lenses with their manual focus and exposure, especially considering that they are well over 30-40 years old.

Canon FD 50mm f5.6

Canon FD 50mm f5.6

Canon FL 50mm. f1.4

falconine's gear list:falconine's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P3 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0 +1 more
Like?

Wormsmeat wrote:

#3 is nice but I thinks I'd have cropped a touch off the bottom. Rule of thirds and all that.

Having another look at that one I think that a 16x9 presentation would be stronger, as well.

Brent Lossing
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,752
Like?
Re: More mist.

Like the top shot - reminds of looking at old family picts.

-- hide signature --
19andrew47
Like?
Re: Royal Botanical Gardens
In reply to jaybp, 9 months ago

The trail in the second looks quite nice.  I am a little more than an hour from there.  Where does one get onto this particular trail?

Andrew

Brent Lossing
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,752
Like?
Re: Awful weather

love the sunlit city with the dark clouds behind - the rainbow is a nice wrapping for the package.

-- hide signature --
stinelise
Like?
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 9 months ago

Florida Nature Photographer wrote:

Wormsmeat wrote:

Having another look at that one I think that a 16x9 presentation would be stronger, as well.

Could bee - I will try it out, it always nice to get new ideas!

Thanks a lot

Br

Stine

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
19andrew47
Like?
Re: Hoboken, Brooklyn and over the East River
In reply to Michael L NYC 99, 9 months ago

A very nice set.  Like the last best.

Andrew

19andrew47
Like?
In reply to stinelise, 9 months ago

Three nice ones!  Where are the fish?

Andrew

19andrew47
Like?
Re: Awful weather

Very nice!  Don't particularly want endless rain but a great image.  I would either crop a bit from the right side to eliminate the partial white building or clone it out.  Again, a beautiful capture.

Andrew

stinelise
Like?
In reply to 19andrew47, 9 months ago

19andrew47 wrote:

Three nice ones! Where are the fish?

Andrew

LoL, no fish, we just stopped to drink some coffee, it was bitterly cold driving that evening. The ice drill was left behind by someone else, but it made a nice excuse for taking a picture.

Thanks for your comment Andrew

//Stine

sinkas
Contributing MemberPosts: 561Gear list
Like?
Some Australian Wildlife

The first photo is an example of why I love my Olympus 14-150mm. Super zooms are not supposed to be this sharp (note down sampled for web to under 1MB)

White Kangaroo - rare

Sacred Kingfisher - rare in our area

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl
Hobbes: You're ignorant, but at least you act on it.”
Bill Watterson, The Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +2 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads