*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

Started 8 months ago | Discussions
jeffpix
Regular MemberPosts: 152Gear list
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 *** - at the ocean
In reply to Wormsmeat, 8 months ago

Dear all,

Here are a few recent pictures at the ocean. All comments and suggestions are very welcome!

Most were taken around/after sunset. There also happened to be a partial rainbow for a while.

I was very impressed with the entries to the Challenge of Challenge pictures (and winners) selected from members of this forum. Congratulations on a superb job!

Best regards,
Jeff

jeffpix's gear list:jeffpix's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
OtisMosely
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Recent Chicago Trip

Some B&W from a recent Chicago trip.

yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,770
Like?
Re: A sunny interval
In reply to Michael L NYC 99, 8 months ago

Michael L NYC 99 wrote:

Nice seascapes. That much rain has to be a downer, but it could also provide some interesting photo opportunities, with reflections in puddles and glistening streets at night.

Regards

Michael

LOL Michael. If it's anything like the rain we've been having in London it's just been strong blustery winds and wet. Not to mention the cold I'd happily trade it for your picturesque snow.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Should I have bothered?
In reply to Peter Del, 8 months ago

Yes, though I'd agree with Wormsmeat in that I'm not so sure about the second; the composition is not quite as compelling as in the first.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: I photographed a boat...
In reply to Martin.au, 8 months ago

Nice to see that she's in in quite good condition. It will be exciting to watch the restoration.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Still winter...
In reply to jalywol, 8 months ago

These two are beautiful. I couldn't choose between them. I think they'd make great prints - large!

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: The fog rolls in
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 8 months ago

I really like the second one, Florida. I think I might try and crop away a little of the white on the left hand side - I'm not 100% sure but there might be just a bit too much of it. The colours and composition are very well done though.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 4,650Gear list
Like?
In reply to jeffpix, 8 months ago

jeffpix wrote:

Dear all,

Here are a few recent pictures at the ocean. All comments and suggestions are very welcome!

I'll comment on a few... I don't find this one particularly compelling but the two light sparkles left center are a distraction to me. You might want to consider cloning them out.

This is great! I really like it.

A very nice shot but I would try to get rid of the partial bird on the left with some combination of cropping and cloning.

Hope my thoughts were helpful. I'm not as experienced as most here so take them with a grain of salt. Others please feel to disagree for his sake.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: Hoboken, Brooklyn and over the East River

All great shots again - that second one should be on a postcard

I'm going to have to start saving for one of the Voigtlanders or you are going to have to stop posting those photos. Do you use it at all for daylight or only at night? It's quite heavy isn't it?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
In reply to jeffpix, 8 months ago

A nice set all around but I enjoyed the 3rd one most of all. It has loads of character - if that's possible in a photo

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Like?

Thanks for giving me something to aspire to Michael. All great shots. I'll get there, someday. I hope.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Like?
Re: Recent Chicago Trip
In reply to OtisMosely, 8 months ago
yyr
yyr
Like?
Awful weather

Wet, windy and cold. But as a squall went through this morning it left this behind it.

Straight OOC except for the crop.

Rainbow over Canary Wharf

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Like?
Re: Awful weather
In reply to yyr, 8 months ago
Michael L NYC 99
Contributing MemberPosts: 790Gear list
Like?

yyr wrote:

I'm going to have to start saving for one of the Voigtlanders or you are going to have to stop posting those photos. Do you use it at all for daylight or only at night? It's quite heavy isn't it?

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Thanks Yaelle

I haven't done much day shooting of late, but I typically do not use my Voigtlander for day photography. The characteristic I like best about my Voigtlander is the way it renders bright lights (starbursts) and that's mainly applicable for night shots. It is a heavy lens and the metal absorbs all the cold in the winter, so it's tough on bare hands when it's cold. I usually have a tripod for night shots, so handling the camera isn't that much of an issue for me. I do feel a bit like a pack mule though with the tripod and camera bag in tow.

The Voigtlander 17.5 is my favorite lens now, but I'm thinking of getting the 25 also. If Voigtlander made an ultrawide, I would jump on it.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Michael L NYC 99
Contributing MemberPosts: 790Gear list
Like?
Re: Awful weather

Sorry you've had such terrible weather. Nice timing to get the rainbow shot. I don't think that's something you can plan to shoot, so maybe that's a sign for better weather ahead.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
yyr
yyr
Like?

Michael L NYC 99 wrote:

yyr wrote:

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Thanks Yaelle

I haven't done much day shooting of late, but I typically do not use my Voigtlander for day photography. The characteristic I like best about my Voigtlander is the way it renders bright lights (starbursts) and that's mainly applicable for night shots. It is a heavy lens and the metal absorbs all the cold in the winter, so it's tough on bare hands when it's cold. I usually have a tripod for night shots, so handling the camera isn't that much of an issue for me. I do feel a bit like a pack mule though with the tripod and camera bag in tow.

The Voigtlander 17.5 is my favorite lens now, but I'm thinking of getting the 25 also. If Voigtlander made an ultrawide, I would jump on it.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

If they made an ultra wide I wouldn't bother saving - I'd just splurge.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Like?
Re: More mist.

2011?

The second is a cracking shot.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Burton Randol
Regular MemberPosts: 143
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

Snow + Cloisters + NYC Ballet

yyr
yyr
Like?
A couple more

Over the last couple of months I've been taking part in the fortnightly challenges over on the Oly SLR forums (43 and m43 cameras) It's been fun and a good discipline and learning exercise to shoot to a theme and do some different things. I thought I'd share a couple of my recent entries here.

If anyone would like to join in the current challenge can be found here. All levels of experience are welcome.

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53058111

Desk Lamp

Round & Round I go

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads