*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 5,173Gear list
Like?
Re: Should I have bothered?
In reply to Peter Del, 10 months ago

Hmm - tricky. Only you can decide, if you enjoy that sort of thing it might be. But...If I'm honest I don't think the 2nd is a strong as the first and therefore probably not worth it.

Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: At a birthday party at a kids gym
In reply to artisanat, 10 months ago

Nice. But even better if subject was looking at you?

Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: New Lens 75-300mm
In reply to Tony8232, 10 months ago

Interesting shots. I think I prefer the mystery of the 2nd. It's a lens I wouldn't mind having in my armoury.

Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 5,264Gear list
Like?
The fog rolls in
In reply to Wormsmeat, 10 months ago

Monday after work I headed to a park to shoot some photos. As I arrived fog was rolling in and there was a surreal combination of sun and fog. I rushed to a parking spot, frantically but carefully grabbed my gear, and ran to where I wanted to shoot. I was too late!

I've not done much with fog though, so I saw it as another opportunity to broaden my horizons. I wasn't particularly thrilled with my results so more practice will be needed.

I decided to try to make something of a couple of them with more aggressive post processing than I usually do. I hope you enjoy my efforts.

Constructive criticism is encouraged.

Still a bit of sun

So much for the golden hour

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Royal Botanical Gardens
In reply to jaybp, 10 months ago

No - you didn't over-process IMO  - you could have ramped up the contrast and mid-tone structure a bit more, particularly in the last.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: I photographed a boat...
In reply to Martin.au, 10 months ago

THat thing could sure do with a lick of paint. Good pano.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Art in the Edwardian Toilets
In reply to PaulChapman, 10 months ago

What on earth is going on in the first? Is it entitled Emperor's New Clothes maybe?

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***
In reply to chrisjjb, 10 months ago

Hmm - good attempts, but can't help thinking there's an even better picture in there somewhere...

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Still winter...
In reply to jalywol, 10 months ago

The last would make a good PC wallpaper.

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: The fog rolls in
In reply to Florida Nature Photographer, 10 months ago

The first doesn't work for me. No subject, not sure where are we meant to look...

The second is head and shoulders above it... a clear focal point, emphasised by a blurred background, nice colours and nicely lit.

Michael L NYC 99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128Gear list
Like?
Hoboken, Brooklyn and over the East River

A variety of shots from last weekend and last night.

HDR image from Pier A Park in Hoboken, New Jersey. The XLVIII sign was in place for last Sunday's Super Bowl. Shot with the Voigtlander 17.5 . I moved over to the railing to catch the fading sunset for the next shot.

HDR image as the sky was transitioning from sunset into night. The night lights weren't very bright yet, so HDR processing intensified the color and light. Shot with the 12-35mm

This was from the same set up used in the prior shot. This is a single long exposure. There were small chunks of ice floating down the Hudson River here.

This is from last night in Brooklyn Bridge Park. The snow capped rocks are from this week's latest snow fall. Shot with the Voigtlander 17.5mm

This is a bit of a reverse angle of the prior shot. 3 shot stitched panorama taken with the Voigtlander 17.5mm. The snow was crunchy and partly frozen. There was a lot of ice on the footpaths, so caution to anyone who plans to take a walk there.

Skyline shot from the Manhattan Bridge taken with the Voigtlander 17.5mm

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Like?
Re: The fog rolls in

Wormsmeat wrote:

The first doesn't work for me. No subject, not sure where are we meant to look...

Thanks for that. I have to remember to identify a subject. I've heard that before. Thanks for beating it into me.

The second is head and shoulders above it... a clear focal point, emphasised by a blurred background, nice colours and nicely lit.

You mentioned all of the things I tried to bring out in post. Thanks.

Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
Michael L NYC 99
Senior MemberPosts: 1,128Gear list
Like?
Re: A sunny interval
In reply to cfh25, 10 months ago

Nice seascapes. That much rain has to be a downer, but it could also provide some interesting photo opportunities, with reflections in puddles and glistening streets at night.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
jalywol
jalywol MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,418Gear list
Like?
Re: Still winter...

Wormsmeat wrote:

The last would make a good PC wallpaper.

-- hide signature --

Wormsmeat

I'm not sure that this is entirely the response I was hoping for. ....but to be honest, I was thinking of putting the third one on my phone as wallpaper, myself. ..

-J

PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 949Gear list
Like?
Re: Art in the Edwardian Toilets

According to a piece of paper found in this house of contentment... Zanne Andrea is the artist "....Illustrious chiefs whom patriot zeal unites, to guard your country and assert her rights. For still as knaves find profit in deceiving, deluded fools find pleasure in believing......"

Zanna is Chicago born....

GX7 and Samyang 7.5mm

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +9 more
PaulChapman
Contributing MemberPosts: 949Gear list
Like?
Re: Hoboken, Brooklyn and over the East River
In reply to Michael L NYC 99, 10 months ago

Lovely sparkle from the Voigtlander...I have the 25mm and it is almost always on the camera. Great images!

PaulChapman's gear list:PaulChapman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Leica M9-P Leica M Typ 240 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Leica Summilux-M 21mm f/1.4 Asph +9 more
stinelise
Regular MemberPosts: 113Gear list
Like?
Winter Landscapes

Hi,

Some Finnish winter landscapes. All EM-5 and 12-50mm

Thanks for looking, and wish you all a nice happy weekend.

//Stine Lise

stinelise's gear list:stinelise's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM +5 more
chrisjjb
Regular MemberPosts: 198Gear list
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.08 ***

Any suggestions..... really my first attempt properly at hdr. comments greatly apprevciated

Have since de-blued the bird background and it looks better

chrisjjb's gear list:chrisjjb's gear list
Nikon D610 Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS Macro HSM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,548
Like?
odds & ends - Southern Winter

Bayou Sara

Cat Island sunrise

probably the oldest Presbyterian church in Mississippi, now a doghouse

cold  & windy sunset

Like?
Re: Winter Landscapes
In reply to stinelise, 10 months ago
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads