Price for 70D

Started 8 months ago | Questions
Stumbling Norwegian
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Price for 70D
8 months ago

I seen the current price for the Canon 70D  with the 17-135 mm lens is $1299.00 at B&H Photo.  Is there any indication how long these prices will remain at this price?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Section10
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to Stumbling Norwegian, 8 months ago

Almost bought it this week at those prices....Best Buy will match B&H and few others......mostly the top 15 sellers. I got the 6d at Rakuten's price. Just in case this fits into your situation...and you wanted to buy one locally if you have a BB.

 Section10's gear list:Section10's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony RX1R Sony Alpha NEX-5 Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Stumbling Norwegian
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to Section10, 8 months ago

Yes we have a Best Buy near by. I'll stop  tomorrow to visit them, it has been awhile sense I've been there.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
digitalcuriosity
Contributing MemberPosts: 766
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to Stumbling Norwegian, 8 months ago

Stumbling Norwegian wrote:

Yes we have a Best Buy near by. I'll stop tomorrow to visit them, it has been awhile sense I've been there.

Keep in mind B&H has a habit of dropping prices one day,and the next day they are much higher.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Stumbling Norwegian
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to digitalcuriosity, 8 months ago

Thanks for the information guys.  Hopefully they don't raise the price until I get a chance to go there

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
skanter
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,583Gear list
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to Stumbling Norwegian, 8 months ago

Stumbling Norwegian wrote:

I seen the current price for the Canon 70D with the 17-135 mm lens is $1299.00 at B&H Photo. Is there any indication how long these prices will remain at this price?

There is no 17-135.. You meant 18-135.

-- hide signature --

Sam K., NYC

 skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Bedspringlex
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to Stumbling Norwegian, 8 months ago

Two days ago I had my local Best Buy match Gearshop dpreview's store price of $1299. (for the Canon 70d 18-135) Customer service stated a couple of places that they match only. It happens that this web site is an Amazon service so since I had to sign in using my Amazon I.D. they matched it. I would remind you though I had forgotten the tax difference. If I had bought the camera online there would have been no taxes( $78) with free two day shipping. But I like to buy local ( easier to return and if there are any problems much quicker to solve) so the taxes weren't an inconvenience.

http://gearshop.dpreview.com/canon-eos-70d-dslr-camera/dp/B00DQSV6UQ?ref_=br_gd_1_0

Good Luck.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
needmoretoys
Regular MemberPosts: 398Gear list
Like?
Re: Price for 70D
In reply to Bedspringlex, 8 months ago

Bedspringlex wrote:

Two days ago I had my local Best Buy match Gearshop dpreview's store price of $1299. (for the Canon 70d 18-135) Customer service stated a couple of places that they match only. It happens that this web site is an Amazon service so since I had to sign in using my Amazon I.D. they matched it. I would remind you though I had forgotten the tax difference. If I had bought the camera online there would have been no taxes( $78) with free two day shipping. But I like to buy local ( easier to return and if there are any problems much quicker to solve) so the taxes weren't an inconvenience.

http://gearshop.dpreview.com/canon-eos-70d-dslr-camera-kit-with-ef-s-18-135mm-f3-5-5-6-is-stm-lens/dp/B00DQSV6UQ?childAsin=B00DMS0LCO

Good Luck.

I also try to buy at BB if the price is the same as Amazon. I've gotten 3 tablets and 2 smartphones there in the past 6 months. However, I would probably buy the camera at Amazon. The reason is that Amazon's return window for a defective camera is 30 days, while the return at BB is only 15 days. I can easily completely test a tablet in a couple of days and use it a lot during the 15 days, but I wouldn't get as much test and use time for the camera. I would rather have the 30 days to completely test the camera.

As far as sales tax, I have to pay it on Amazon because I live in NY.

 needmoretoys's gear list:needmoretoys's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Olympus XZ-2 iHS Canon EOS 100D Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads