Why my choice is Canon EOS 7D, Lets See

Started 5 months ago | Discussions
Ishon
New MemberPosts: 8
Like?
Why my choice is Canon EOS 7D, Lets See
5 months ago

Hello everyone,

I'm a new member at this forum. I want to share my experience with all of you. At first I'm going to share my knowledge about Canon EOS 7D. It's the one of the best DC, not only for me, it's the best one for many other also. Lets see why my choice is Canon EOS 7D

Canon EOS 7D

No.1: Canon EOS 7D has 18.0 Megapixel CMOS Sensor and Dual DIGIC 4 Image Processors. It help us for capture images in high quality and speed. It gives us extra power in Photography.

No.2: The ISO 100–6400 (expandable to 12800). This is very important for shooting from bright to dim light. Suppose I'm in a birthday party which celebrating in dim light. For ISO 100-6400, I can capture all moments into my Canon EOS 7D without any problems of light effect. Pictures are always clear and HQ.

No.3: Canon EOS 7D has the ability of 8.0 fps continuous shooting up to 130*/** JPEG Large/Fine and 25*/** RAW images. By this great ability photographers can take amazing shots like running train, water falls, few drops etc etc. It's very important and most helpful for professional photographers also.

No.4: This function and feature is best one in my own look. The Advanced movie mode with manual exposure control, manual audio level** control (64 levels) and selectable frame rates: 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 1280 x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p, 640 x 480 (SD): 60p (59.94) / 50p . I can record videos in HD format without any problems for this feature and it has three sizes also for recording.

No.5: It's Compatible with the optional GPS Receiver GP-E2*/** to record the time and location information of images. It's not so important , but give extra power to photographers.

No.6: The Magnesium body with shutter durability up to 150,000 cycles and exclusive dust and weather resistance. This feature which one I like most makes the EOS 7D ready for anything.

That's all buddies. New firmware (v2.0.x) also available for additional features. Photographers can chose this one for best photography, I know there are more cameras which has more features. But If your budget is under 1500$, you should try this.

Advance sorry if there is any mistake in my post.

Thanks everyone.

Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jeff Peterman
Forum ProPosts: 10,238Gear list
Like?
Re: Why my choice is Canon EOS 7D, Lets See
In reply to Ishon, 5 months ago

Welcome. But, I have to disagree with you on some points.

1 Others have newer/better sensor/processor. (E.g., 70D.)

2. Others newer/better sensors. (E.g., 70D.)

3. 7D still the best (unless you pay much more), but not by much, and the difference is not not important to most people.

4. Movie mode (your favorite) - many others are much better, especially the 70D.

5. It needs the expensive GPS module - better options are to have WiFi built in and connect to a phone GPS (free) with WiFi, or have it built in.

6. Body strength/sealing is ahead of other Canons unless you pay much more.

7. "New" firmware? Not so new any more.

You missed one of the most important points: the best focusing (especially with the joystick to select the focus spot) unless you pay much more.

So, while I still love my 7D, which was bought within the first week the camera was available, I'd recommend the 70D over the 7D to most people.

-- hide signature --

Jeff Peterman, Moderator 7D and Phone/Tablet forums.
Not a staff member, or paid employee, of DPReview.
Any insults, implied anger, bad grammar and bad spelling, are entirely unintentionalal. Sorry.
www.pbase.com/jeffp25
www.jeffp25.smugmug.com

Jeff Peterman's gear list:Jeff Peterman's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ40 Canon PowerShot S110 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Flying Fish
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,580
Like?
I agree 100%
In reply to Jeff Peterman, 5 months ago

Couldn't have said it better myself.

FF

rweaver85
Forum MemberPosts: 66Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jeff Peterman, 5 months ago

If you already have the 7D hold off.  If you are like me with no camera 70D.  That's how I finally made my decision between the 7D vs. 70D.

rweaver85's gear list:rweaver85's gear list
Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II
happysnapper64
Senior MemberPosts: 4,127Gear list
Like?

Everyone has their own reasons for buying a camera of a particular make & model. Some base their choice on the technical specs, like the ones you mention. I chose the 7D for 2 good but far from technical reasons. Firstly, I already had a Canon DSLR [600D/T3i] & a few lenses & was happy with it, so I had money invested in the brand, too much to switch even if I wanted to. second reason, due to worsening arthritic problems with my hands & fingers, I found the larger body of the 7D to be more comfortable for me to grip. The controls were also easier for me, especially the joy stick.

I don't know much about the technical points of the camera, all I know is that I can, IMO, take some pretty nice photos with it, & simply love taking it out & using it, which is the whole point isn't it?

-- hide signature --

lee uk.
There are old pilots, & there are bold pilots, but there are no old bold pilots.
"I'm so fast, when I turn off the light, i'm in bed before the room gets dark" The great Muhammad Ali.

happysnapper64's gear list:happysnapper64's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 60D Olympus PEN E-PL5 Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +8 more
Bernie_King
Senior MemberPosts: 1,938
Like?
Why I got a 7D

I got a 7D because I need something to keep me shooting after my son's tuition made me give up my 1DIV.  I could've picked up a 70D, but I was able to find a 9000 act camera for $625.  I figure I won't take too much of a hit when the 7D2 comes out or I'm forced (please, God no) to buy a 5D3.  Not really interested in spending big money on an old camera or I'd buy another 1D IV.  I'll likely have to decide by Spring so I really hope the 7D2 comes soon!

Limburger
Senior MemberPosts: 3,696Gear list
Like?

It's still very nice but there are many alternatives now.

It also has a nice big VF and good batterylife.

But the best part may be that a used one can be picked up for about half the budget you mentioned.

-- hide signature --

Cheers Mike

Limburger's gear list:Limburger's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads