Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Segaman
Regular MemberPosts: 332Gear list
Like?
Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.
10 months ago

Going back to dslr, this camera is way too slow for shooting, unless you take a turtle doing a slow motion dance.
I will try to find something small that can do faster shooting.
Not sure what.....yet

Segaman's gear list:Segaman's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,779Gear list
Like?
Re: Selling the XE2 way too slow for me.
In reply to Segaman, 10 months ago

Segaman wrote:

Going back to dslr, this camera is way too slow for shooting, unless you take a turtle doing a slow motion dance.
Not sure what.....yet

What is slow about it?

What are you trying to photograph?

What lens are you using?

I see plenty of people taking superb pictures with the X-E2 so it can't be too slow for taking pictures.

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX1 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,367Gear list
Like?

Segaman wrote:

Not sure what.....yet

What exactly is your point?

There is always a tool for you, I guess, but why share this "I think the camera sucks" on the Fuji forum?

Good luck! I certainly won't miss you! Not because of what yoru wrote (I don't actually care about your motives) but your style.

Turtle? Mhhh .. the world sadly is full of unhappy people!

All the best!

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
pluton
Senior MemberPosts: 2,277
Like?
In reply to deednets, 10 months ago

I feel the same way about my XE1.  The effective shutter lag and slow cycling make it feel slower than a hand-cranked Leica.  Maybe someday Fuji'll make a "pro" camera that is responsive.

Until then, I consider it a really sophisticated point and shoot.

-- hide signature --

-KB-

John Carson
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,076Gear list
Like?
In reply to pluton, 10 months ago

pluton wrote:

I feel the same way about my XE1. The effective shutter lag and slow cycling make it feel slower than a hand-cranked Leica. Maybe someday Fuji'll make a "pro" camera that is responsive.

Do you know what a point and shoot is? It is a camera that you operate by pointing and shooting. The X-E1 certainly isn't that.

Here is a suggestion. How about considering it as a sophisticated camera with slower-than-DSLR autofocusing.

-- hide signature --

john carson

John Carson's gear list:John Carson's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
gotompoes
Regular MemberPosts: 423Gear list
Like?
In reply to John Carson, 10 months ago

Sold the XE 1 for the same reason and did assume that the XE 2 has faster AF.
Hope that the X T1 will have fast AF close to the Olympus E M1. Look forward to the reviews on this point. If that is the case then i will sell my M4/3 gear to get rid of the shutter shock issues.

gotompoes's gear list:gotompoes's gear list
Leica M Typ 240 Olympus PEN E-P5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +9 more
CeleryBeats
Contributing MemberPosts: 650Gear list
Like?
 CeleryBeats's gear list:CeleryBeats's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 58mm f/1.4G Sony RX100 II Pentax K-5 +4 more
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,727Gear list
Like?
In reply to gotompoes, 10 months ago

gotompoes wrote:

Hope that the X T1 will have fast AF close to the Olympus E M1. Look forward to the reviews on this point. If that is the case then i will sell my M4/3 gear to get rid of the shutter shock issues.

What is there about the X-T1 that leads you to believe it's going to have an improved AF function from what the X-E2 offers?

dotborg
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,662
Like?
In reply to John Carson, 10 months ago

John Carson wrote:

pluton wrote:

I feel the same way about my XE1. The effective shutter lag and slow cycling make it feel slower than a hand-cranked Leica. Maybe someday Fuji'll make a "pro" camera that is responsive.

Do you know what a point and shoot is? It is a camera that you operate by pointing and shooting. The X-E1 certainly isn't that.

Yes, for the X-E1 it's more like aiming and pressing the shutter release. 

gotompoes
Like?
In reply to wyldberi, 10 months ago

wyldberi wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

What is there about the X-T1 that leads you to believe it's going to have an improved AF function from what the X-E2 offers?

Just hope and some Fuji claims about the fastest AF in mirror less world. I am afraid that this is related to the AF performance with the 14mm lens.

Leica M Typ 240 Olympus PEN E-P5 Nikon Df Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D +9 more
britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,190Gear list
Like?

Segaman wrote:

Not sure what.....yet

Soon after getting my X-E2, I did a quick test in a local bar to see how it performed in tight, close up situations, where speed of operation is essential.  I wanted to see if the E2 could perform like my GRD can, and how quickly accurate focus could be acquired. I was about 6ft from these guys, and as you can probably tell, they weren't the sort to patiently wait for a "slow" camera to take a shot, or for me to check settings ...

These snaps were taken in fractions of a second, from raising the camera, to viewing the LCD, to walking away ... OK it may not be as quick in operation for certain subjects as my DSLR, but just like any camera, if you understand how to anticipate and use the E2 it is plenty quick enough ....

-- hide signature --

--

Kind regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
Segaman
Like?
In reply to pluton, 10 months ago

pluton wrote:

i agree, there is a big hype about the af, but actually taking the pic there is a world of difference, yes its a real fast af, but the lag kills it in a lot of situations, i would get the same camera with a mirror.

-- hide signature --

-KB-

Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
Segaman
Like?
In reply to CeleryBeats, 10 months ago

CeleryBeats wrote:

Try before you buy, and bye

I did try, before i buy.....and after, now someone else will have fun with it, not me.still like a few things bout it.

wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,727Gear list
Like?
In reply to gotompoes, 10 months ago

gotompoes wrote:

wyldberi wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

Just hope and some Fuji claims about the fastest AF in mirror less world. I am afraid that this is related to the AF performance with the 14mm lens.

I own an X-E1. I will be adding an X-E2 in the next month or so, so I can't comment on any significant improvement. What I'm hoping for is improved ability to lock onto a subject in low-light conditions.

I haven't followed the X-T1 that closely, but I have the impression the "improved/fastest AF speed" claimed for the X-T1 matches the claims made for the X-E2 when it was released.

I understand why people are hoping and praying for miracles, but from where I sit, the X-T1's going to prove to be an X-E2 dressed up in a different costume. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but for my purposes, the offering doesn't tickle my fancy's worth to the tune of $300 - 400.

I believe you're correct about the test being conducted with the 14mm lens.

britcam
Senior MemberPosts: 2,190Gear list
Like?
In reply to wyldberi, 10 months ago

wyldberi wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

wyldberi wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

I own an X-E1. I will be adding an X-E2 in the next month or so, so I can't comment on any significant improvement. What I'm hoping for is improved ability to lock onto a subject in low-light conditions.

I haven't followed the X-T1 that closely, but I have the impression the "improved/fastest AF speed" claimed for the X-T1 matches the claims made for the X-E2 when it was released.

I've had my X-E2 for about three weeks now, so am still at the testing stage, and playing around with settings etc. I can tell you that this thing locks focus in almost any low light, for instance in my living room lit with a single 60w table lamp on the opposite side of the room ...

I use mostly the smallest focus rectangle and single point with focus recompose, but always hit something with a bit of contrast. If that is done, there is practically no delay in acquiring rapid focus.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Rich S (britcam)

britcam's gear list:britcam's gear list
Fujifilm X-E2 Ricoh GR Digital IV Fujifilm X-E1 Pentax K-5 IIs Fujifilm X-A1 +8 more
gotompoes
Like?
In reply to britcam, 10 months ago

britcam wrote:

wyldberi wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

wyldberi wrote:

gotompoes wrote:

I've had my X-E2 for about three weeks now, so am still at the testing stage, and playing around with settings etc. I can tell you that this thing locks focus in almost any low light, for instance in my living room lit with a single 60w table lamp on the opposite side of the room ...

I use mostly the smallest focus rectangle and single point with focus recompose, but always hit something with a bit of contrast. If that is done, there is practically no delay in acquiring rapid focus.

Good luck.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Rich S (britcam)

Is the AF speed and accuracy about the same as with your K5 II ???

Red5TX
Senior MemberPosts: 1,586
Like?

Lol, I've never understood the point of these posts. It'd be like me going into the Nikon forum and announcing I was selling my D7100 because it's too big and heavy.  Master of the Obvious.

57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,690Gear list
Like?
In reply to britcam, 10 months ago

That's a very impressive lack of noise for 12800.

Maybe my X-E1 is a substitute for a hand-cranked Leica (like an M6 I still desire but can't really justify buying); plenty of people took great shots with those. A lot depends on what the user brings to the camera and working with it rather than against it. I look at it this way: I first got seriously interested in photography in the mid-70s, a Zorki 4 was all I could afford and I did ok with it. I would have sold my soul for the capabilities of an X-E1 back then; I think anyone would.

It's all about context.

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
afragisk
Contributing MemberPosts: 843
Like?
In reply to 57LowRider, 10 months ago

I know precisely what the OP is saying. You do lose the facial expression of a toddler sometimes, or its posture while moving around. Ok, nothing new or to debate against. I think the misunderstanding is in the words "too slow" and "for me". I get an 80% success ratio in capturing the exact moment with my 4yr old active child and that's not too slow, for me though. My dslr gave me 90%. Manual focusing gives me 70%. I'm quite happy with these figures but I would also keep an eye for lower shutter lag on the XE3. I can't think of many other applications this camera would be too slow except sports.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 50 1.2L + SB, Fuji 27mm 2.8, Fuji 23mm 1.4, Fuji 14mm 2.8, Bower 8mm 2.8

Segaman
Like?
In reply to afragisk, 10 months ago

afragisk wrote:

I know precisely what the OP is saying. You do lose the facial expression of a toddler sometimes, or its posture while moving around. Ok, nothing new or to debate against. I think the misunderstanding is in the words "too slow" and "for me". I get an 80% success ratio in capturing the exact moment with my 4yr old active child and that's not too slow, for me though. My dslr gave me 90%. Manual focusing gives me 70%. I'm quite happy with these figures but I would also keep an eye for lower shutter lag on the XE3. I can't think of many other applications this camera would be too slow except sports.
--
http://www.flickr.com/photos/apollonas/
Fuji XE-2, Canon FD 50 1.2L + SB, Fuji 27mm 2.8, Fuji 23mm 1.4, Fuji 14mm 2.8, Bower 8mm 2.8

I don't get your ratio, far from it, specially if someone moves a little the camera is acting funny in the process of refocusing.

I'm not really complaining about the camera, just the lag that kills it for me.

If I don't find a buyer, I won't die, I'll keep it......I still love other aspects of it and if I can sell it, i'll see about getting another compact.....or a ultra compact

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads