Don't dip the US Flag to anyone except Putin and my prediction

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Heaven is for real
Senior MemberPosts: 2,320Gear list
Like?
Don't dip the US Flag to anyone except Putin and my prediction
10 months ago

"Because if Lodwick decides to copy many other nations and follow the typical Olympic protocol of dipping the flag to Putin, or any other watching head of state, as a sign of respect, he would be in direct conflict with a genuine but little-known U.S. federal law.

The United States Flag Code, contained in Chapter 1 of Title Four of the United States Code, forbids the Stars and Stripes to be dipped "to any person or thing" except for rare situations involving naval vessels."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-u-s--flag-bearer-todd-lodwick-could-break-the-law-at-opening-ceremony-124728884.html

Anyway, my prediction - USA will finish first once again in medal count. Enjoy the Olympics everyone.

USA USA USA

Heaven is for real's gear list:Heaven is for real's gear list
Nikon D7000 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha 7 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +2 more
nijkerk
Contributing MemberPosts: 957Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't dip the US Flag to anyone except Putin and my prediction
In reply to Heaven is for real, 10 months ago

Good grief, it's just à piece of material....and what does that parrot have to do with anything?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Heaven is for real
Like?
Don't dip the US Flag to anyone EVEN to Putin and my prediction

I corrected the title...

Nikon D7000 Sony SLT-A77 Sony Alpha 7 Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM Sony FE 35mm F2.8 +2 more
Heaven is for real
Like?
In reply to nijkerk, 10 months ago

nijkerk wrote:

Good grief, it's just à piece of material....and what does that parrot have to do with anything?

A lot of people died for it so it is not just a piece of material! You are not a real American!

Wu Jiaqiu
Senior MemberPosts: 6,985Gear list
Like?
does Federal Law extend to Russia?

Heaven is for real wrote:

"Because if Lodwick decides to copy many other nations and follow the typical Olympic protocol of dipping the flag to Putin, or any other watching head of state, as a sign of respect, he would be in direct conflict with a genuine but little-known U.S. federal law.

The United States Flag Code, contained in Chapter 1 of Title Four of the United States Code, forbids the Stars and Stripes to be dipped "to any person or thing" except for rare situations involving naval vessels."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-u-s--flag-bearer-todd-lodwick-could-break-the-law-at-opening-ceremony-124728884.html

Anyway, my prediction - USA will finish first once again in medal count. Enjoy the Olympics everyone.

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

can we expect the USA USA chants again?

Wu Jiaqiu's gear list:Wu Jiaqiu's gear list
Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
TonyC5D
Senior MemberPosts: 2,324Gear list
Like?

nijkerk wrote:

A lot of people died for it so it is not just a piece of material! You are not a real American!

Funny how people coming late to the party often become the most vociferous in support. You are not a real American, you know little and understand less about the country that has given you a home but you trumpet the loudest about what is American of anyone here!

TonyC5D's gear list:TonyC5D's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm Canon Pixma Pro9000 Mark II +1 more
LeRentier
Forum ProPosts: 13,622Gear list
Like?
Re: Don't dip the US Flag to anyone EVEN to Putin and my prediction

I corrected the title...

Except - Even - make up your mind princess and think before you write.

Question : Are you saying that no flag bearer ever dipped the US flag during any Olympic games anywhere in the world ?

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi
PS
All progress is due to people who asked questions.

Walking Dead
Senior MemberPosts: 6,130Gear list
Like?
In reply to LeRentier, 10 months ago

LeRentier wrote:

I corrected the title...

Question : Are you saying that no flag bearer ever dipped the US flag during any Olympic games anywhere in the world ?

You got that right Frenchie.

-- hide signature --

Defender of Truth, Justice, and the American Way

Walking Dead's gear list:Walking Dead's gear list
Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
LeRentier
Like?
In reply to Walking Dead, 10 months ago

Walking Dead wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

I corrected the title...

-- hide signature --

It seems obvious that the princess already makes a stink about something which, according to you, is unlikely to happen.

Is the princess scared of Putin ?

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi
PS

Walking Dead
Like?
Re: does Federal Law extend to Russia?
In reply to Wu Jiaqiu, 10 months ago

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

First of all, it's not a law. However, if the flag bearer does dip the flag, he/she better get ready to learn Russian, as they'll be ostracized back home, and the flag bearer might want to stay with Edward Snowdon.

The American flag wasn't dipped for Hitler, and I doubt that it'll be dipped for Putin. There was some concern that the flag would be dipped at one Olympic years ago, as the flag bearer was known to be somewhat of a radical, but he was warned by his fellow American team mates not to do so.

As for the cheering of 'USA, USA', I doubt if you'll hear much, as the game probably won't see many American attending.

-- hide signature --

Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Walking Dead
Like?

LeRentier wrote:

Walking Dead wrote:

LeRentier wrote:

I corrected the title...

-- hide signature --

It seems obvious that the princess already makes a stink about something which, according to you, is unlikely to happen.

Is the princess scared of Putin ?

No, more likely just trolling.

-- hide signature --

Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Wu Jiaqiu
Like?

Walking Dead wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

First of all, it's not a law. However, if the flag bearer does dip the flag, he/she better get ready to learn Russian, as they'll be ostracized back home, and the flag bearer might want to stay with Edward Snowdon.

The American flag wasn't dipped for Hitler, and I doubt that it'll be dipped for Putin. There was some concern that the flag would be dipped at one Olympic years ago, as the flag bearer was known to be somewhat of a radical, but he was warned by his fellow American team mates not to do so.

As for the cheering of 'USA, USA', I doubt if you'll hear much, as the game probably won't see many American attending.

-- hide signature --

nice to see the Olympic spirit alive, no nationalism involved at all....another reason why i hate it

Nikon 1 V1 Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Sigma 500mm F4.5 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +3 more
LeRentier
Like?
In reply to Wu Jiaqiu, 10 months ago

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

Federal law extends all the way to Mars and Uranus, I don't know about Krypton and would also be happy to read Dr.Spock's comments on the legal aspects in other galaxies.

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi
PS

Walking Dead
Like?
Another reason why it won't happen

If the flag bearer does dip the flag, they can kiss any potential endorsement deal out the window, and sponsors that pay money to the athlete, so they can train, will quickly cut any ties to the athlete.

-- hide signature --

Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Heaven is for real
Like?

Walking Dead wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

-- hide signature --

nijkerk
Contributing MemberPosts: 957Gear list
Like?
Re: does Federal Law extend to Russia?D

"The flag code"

Does any other nation follow similar  mumbo jumbo?

Wu Jiaqiu
Like?

Walking Dead wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

-- hide signature --

it does burn well though

Walking Dead
Like?
And, what's the penalty?

Walking Dead wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

-- hide signature --

There are no penalties for violating the 'code' is there? And, if there were it would be a violation of the First Amendment regarding free speech.

-- hide signature --

Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM
Brian D. Schneider
Forum ProPosts: 17,079
Like?
What does a baby doctor know about interstellar law?

LeRentier wrote:

Wu Jiaqiu wrote:

USA USA USA

just wonderin'

Federal law extends all the way to Mars and Uranus, I don't know about Krypton and would also be happy to read Dr.Spock's comments on the legal aspects in other galaxies.

. . . _ _ _ . . .
veni vidi vomi
PS

Oh, you mean Mr. Spock.

That's different

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads