Have one; use it often.

Started Feb 6, 2014 | User reviews
Oom Julius
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Have one; use it often.
Feb 6, 2014

Sharp, light, sharp and did I say sharp?   I use it often for bird photography.  The other lens in my bag is a Tamron 70-200 so with these two very sharp lenses, I am almost complete but I am looking forward to using it with the new 1.4x extender.

Oom Julius's gear list:Oom Julius's gear list
Pentax K-30
Oom Julius's score
Average community score
Craig R K
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Have one; use it often.
In reply to Oom Julius, 2 weeks ago

Oom Julius wrote:

Sharp, light, sharp and did I say sharp? I use it often for bird photography. The other lens in my bag is a Tamron 70-200 so with these two very sharp lenses, I am almost complete but I am looking forward to using it with the new 1.4x extender.

Have you had a chance to use this lens with the new 1.4TC? Still sharp? AF performance? I am considering purchase of either this lens or the new 150-450mm, and performance of the 300mm with the 1.4TC and K-3 may be the deciding factor. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

Craig R K's gear list:Craig R K's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Craig R K
Forum MemberPosts: 65Gear list
Like?
Re: Have one; use it often.
In reply to Craig R K, 2 weeks ago

Craig R K wrote:

Oom Julius wrote:

Sharp, light, sharp and did I say sharp? I use it often for bird photography. The other lens in my bag is a Tamron 70-200 so with these two very sharp lenses, I am almost complete but I am looking forward to using it with the new 1.4x extender.

Have you had a chance to use this lens with the new 1.4TC? Still sharp? AF performance? I am considering purchase of either this lens or the new 150-450mm, and performance of the 300mm with the 1.4TC and K-3 may be the deciding factor. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

I have just reviewed the product feedback on the Pentax 1.4TC, and pretty much have the answer to both issues (no loss of sharpness, AF function A-OK). No further response is needed, but I am unable to delete/edit the post from my day-job.

Craig R K's gear list:Craig R K's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 300mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads