Is there any D600/D610 unit affected by the green tint plague as D800 and D4 are?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Liviu Namolovan
Regular MemberPosts: 477
Like?
Is there any D600/D610 unit affected by the green tint plague as D800 and D4 are?
10 months ago

I would like to know if the dreaded green tint  affectis the jpegs taken in AWB with the D600/D610 cameras. What about D600/D610's LCDs? iA respectfully request to the raw shooters: Please ignore this post if all you have to say is "shooting raw or Custom/Preset WB solves the problem".

Nikon D4 Nikon D600 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Trevor Allen
Senior MemberPosts: 1,109
Like?
Re: Is there any D600/D610 unit affected by the green tint plague as D800 and D4 are?
In reply to Liviu Namolovan, 10 months ago

what green tint, I never had an issue

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
ChapelThrill23
Regular MemberPosts: 176
Like?
Re: Is there any D600/D610 unit affected by the green tint plague as D800 and D4 are?

Have not had that problem on a D610.

winter1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,675Gear list
Like?
In reply to Trevor Allen, 10 months ago

Trevor Allen wrote:

what green tint, I never had an issue

+1

no problem with my D600 or d800.

winter1's gear list:winter1's gear list
Sony RX100 II Nikon Coolpix P7800 Nikon D810 Nikon D750 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm f/4G ED VR +3 more
Trazan
Regular MemberPosts: 118Gear list
Like?

No green tint on my D800. On the LCD, yes slightly, but not on the pictures. I wouldn't want to use the camera LCD for color proofing anyway

Trazan's gear list:Trazan's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED +1 more
Yxa
Yxa
Regular MemberPosts: 327Gear list
Like?

Liviu Namolovan wrote:

I would like to know if the dreaded green tint affectis the jpegs taken in AWB with the D600/D610 cameras. What about D600/D610's LCDs? iA respectfully request to the raw shooters: Please ignore this post if all you have to say is "shooting raw or Custom/Preset WB solves the problem".

The dreaded green tint

Is it a new Marvel caracter?

Yxa's gear list:Yxa's gear list
Canon PowerShot G11 Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Nikon D800 +1 more
Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,876
Like?

No

Rservello
Senior MemberPosts: 1,140Gear list
Like?

The only green tint issue I've seen on the d800 is shooting above 6400 ISO. Blacks turn green.

-- hide signature --

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49019071@N03/
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2334596/
* Sensitive Internet User Disclaimer: All opinions are my own and are not meant to offend you or damage your precious beliefs.

Rservello's gear list:Rservello's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II Rokinon 85mm F1.4 Apple Aperture +3 more
davidxyz
Regular MemberPosts: 339
Like?

shooting raw or Custom/Preset WB solves the problem.

-- hide signature --

Cheers

Liviu Namolovan
Regular MemberPosts: 477
Like?
In reply to davidxyz, 10 months ago

Many thanks to all of you replying to my question. It's good to know that D610 is free of problems. This could also mean that Nikon is back on the good track with the D610. In my opinion D610 is a competent FF camera at a very good price.

axcentphoto
Senior MemberPosts: 1,080Gear list
Like?

No green tint here. I must admit I do like the price and file size of the D610, I think 24MP is about perfect...Brent

axcentphoto's gear list:axcentphoto's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.4D Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +2 more
Per Baekgaard
Contributing MemberPosts: 960Gear list
Like?

Not sure if there is a general consensus that the D800 produces green-tinted images -- but in any case, I've not seen any with my D800.

There appears to be a light green-ish tint with Lightroom Nikon "Camera" profiles when compared to the standard Adobe profiles, but this has been the case with all LR profiles for Nikon cameras in Adobe Raw, and is certainly not a problem with the camera. OOC JPEGs etc don't have any green tint, in my experience, nor do shots processed with LR and Adobe profiles nor with Nikon's own Capture NX.

Does your D800 have a green tint in the (JPEG?) pictures?

- Per.

Per Baekgaard's gear list:Per Baekgaard's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +15 more
j_photo
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302Gear list
Like?

Liviu Namolovan wrote:

I would like to know if the dreaded green tint affectis the jpegs taken in AWB with the D600/D610 cameras. What about D600/D610's LCDs? iA respectfully request to the raw shooters: Please ignore this post if all you have to say is "shooting raw or Custom/Preset WB solves the problem".

No green tint with my D800. I think you have invented this "plague".

j_photo's gear list:j_photo's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df
Ferguson
Regular MemberPosts: 429
Like?
In reply to j_photo, 9 months ago

j_photo wrote:

Liviu Namolovan wrote:

No green tint with my D800. I think you have invented this "plague".

Yeah, the wording of the question is very troll like, but giving the benefit of the doubt...

There was no plague, if there was even a problem it was subtle.  I have both a D800 and D4 and was/am happy, and noticed no significant difference after the firmware updates.

And besides -- anyone using the back LCD as an authoritative check for white balance has more camera than they need with any of these cameras. 

I don't have a D6xx, but the premise of your question is flawed from the beginning.

-- hide signature --

Comments welcomed on photos: http://www.captivephotons.com

mais51
Senior MemberPosts: 1,156Gear list
Like?
In reply to Liviu Namolovan, 9 months ago

Liviu Namolovan wrote:

Please post an example - some of my images have purple tint on the highlights - but then most of the digital photos have a bit purple tint when pushed.  May be an error with your lens, not camera.

mais51's gear list:mais51's gear list
Canon PowerShot S120 Nikon D300S Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +5 more
Photoyolph
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to Liviu Namolovan, 7 months ago

Hi,

Just bought a D610 and I noticed that the LCD has a very green-ish cast to it. My old D300 was much more balanced and gave better feedback on the colours. Not a biggie since the images (incl JPGs) are OK, but rather annoying...

A fix for this??

Photoyolph
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
In reply to Liviu Namolovan, 7 months ago
Skytalker
Forum MemberPosts: 71Gear list
Like?
In reply to Photoyolph, 7 months ago

Never had an issue with my D4.

-- hide signature --

Skytalker's gear list:Skytalker's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D300 Nikon D4 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G +9 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads