Recall of 1DX Custom Functions

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Zebster57
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
Recall of 1DX Custom Functions
10 months ago

Several months ago I rented a 1DX for a project, spent several hours setting the custom fuctions to my liking.  I now have a new 1DX coming and unfortunately I did not save my custom functions from the rental unit.  DPP records a few of them from my images, does anyone know how to recall the custom functions from a RAW image shot with the 1DX or what editor may display all of the custom functions?  I remember previous versions of DPP displaying a lot of custom functions, but maybe that was just specific to my 1DIIn?

Thanks in advance and I will be saving my custom functions when it arrives.

Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Charlie Phillips
Contributing MemberPosts: 601Gear list
Like?
Re: Recall of 1DX Custom Functions
In reply to Zebster57, 10 months ago

DPP will give you some of what you are looking for, info wise, but not all. Sorry - you will just have to sit down with the camera and go through it again and try and remember. I can't think of anything else that might do a full shooting parameter list.

-- hide signature --

Best Wishes from Scotland,
Charlie.
www.charliephillipsimages.co.uk
Scottish Nature Photographer of the Year 2012

Charlie Phillips's gear list:Charlie Phillips's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Zebster57
Like?
In reply to Charlie Phillips, 10 months ago

Charlie Phillips wrote:

DPP will give you some of what you are looking for, info wise, but not all. Sorry - you will just have to sit down with the camera and go through it again and try and remember. I can't think of anything else that might do a full shooting parameter list.

-- hide signature --

Charlie.

Thanks Charlie, it is funny, my old 1D had all of the custom functions listed in DPP but of course, there were a lot less.  I did stumble on Exiftool and it did give me a lot of parameters from the exif data and a few more of the custom functions but as you said, I just have to muddle through them again but hopefully it won't take as long.  Canon wipes the custom functions also when you send your camera in, so all the more reason to save them.

Thanks again Charlie!

Randy

Charlie Phillips
Contributing MemberPosts: 601Gear list
Like?
In reply to Zebster57, 10 months ago

Some sort of function built into DPP to do this "report" of custom functions from the last downloaded file would be great Randy - it would save a bit of time. I remember looking at info from old files taken on my ID bodies going way back, it was handy.

-- hide signature --

Charlie.

Charlie Phillips's gear list:Charlie Phillips's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +6 more
Zebster57
Like?
In reply to Charlie Phillips, 9 months ago

Charlie Phillips wrote:

Some sort of function built into DPP to do this "report" of custom functions from the last downloaded file would be great Randy - it would save a bit of time. I remember looking at info from old files taken on my ID bodies going way back, it was handy.

-- hide signature --

Charlie.

Thanks Charlie,  I was able to get a report from ExifTool, it has a few more parameters.  I just looked at images from my 1DiiN and my 1Diii and my latest DPP shows over 20 custom functions for the 1Diin, but nothing for the 1Diii.  I think it is the camera that is determining what custom functions are reported in DPP.  I have registered my settings in my 1Diii and still nothing shows up on DPP.  Oh well, I will just have to go thru them when the 1DX arrives.

Randy

apersson850
Senior MemberPosts: 1,006
Like?
In reply to Zebster57, 9 months ago

Note that the 1DX doesn't allow you to save just custom functions. You save the full setup to a file on your memory card, for later retreival.

-- hide signature --

Anders

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads