Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1

Started 7 months ago | Discussions
sznajder
Regular MemberPosts: 167
Like?
Re: Still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1
In reply to Blue Jay, 7 months ago

I prefer size XP1 over X-E1 /Xe2. Keep Xp1 but sold Xe1. Feels more solid , more pro looking- and I like its size more.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
darngooddesign
Senior MemberPosts: 1,214Gear list
Like?
In reply to Keit ll, 7 months ago

Keit ll wrote:

There is probably more than one reason why Fuji have elected to change the body shape in their latest camera. Market research has shown that a lot of buyers of more expensive cameras favour the DSLR shaped body , this is said to be particularly true of the American market which sees such cameras as being 'real cameras'.

I think Fuji is just adding a second body style. It would make sense as the X-Pro2 will probably share most of the X-T1's tech.

darngooddesign's gear list:darngooddesign's gear list
Canon PowerShot S90 Canon PowerShot S100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8
Jonesey
New MemberPosts: 12Gear list
Like?

Blue Jay wrote:

X-T1, nice viewfinder with faster refresh rate along with other goodies but I still like the form factor of X-E2 over X-T1. I may be odd man out here, I really want to like X-T1 but my heart is still with X-E2 form factor, the rangefinder, stealthy look. Guess the new viewfinder is too big to be fitted into a body like X-E2 or can it be?

I was holding off buying X-E2 till the X-T1 arrival. Hope the price of X-E2 goes down too. Are there people out there who's going to grab X-E2 over X-T1?

I just have one week ago, to answer your question.

Why?, I personally prefer the " rangefinder " style of the ex 2 coupled with the upgrades  v the ex1 and I  feel the x pro 1 which I have had for 14 months and love. I guess it's horses for courses.

regards

john

Jonesey's gear list:Jonesey's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS 40D Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R +4 more
Macintosh Sauce
Regular MemberPosts: 295
Like?

I was going to get the X-E2, but not since the X-T1 was announced.

Sal Baker
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,636Gear list
Like?
In reply to darngooddesign, 7 months ago

darngooddesign wrote:

Keit ll wrote:

There is probably more than one reason why Fuji have elected to change the body shape in their latest camera. Market research has shown that a lot of buyers of more expensive cameras favour the DSLR shaped body , this is said to be particularly true of the American market which sees such cameras as being 'real cameras'.

I think Fuji is just adding a second body style. It would make sense as the X-Pro2 will probably share most of the X-T1's tech.

I agree.  AF speed, start-up time and shutter lag are identical with the X-E2 and X-T1.  With these 2 models being released within 3 months of each other they were most likely designed at the same time.

Fuji has said they were going to start concentrating on higher end cameras so the X-T1 is the next step up in price until the next X-Pro is released.  But it will need newer tech to justify an even higher price.

Sal

Sal Baker's gear list:Sal Baker's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 350D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM +5 more
sibyy
Regular MemberPosts: 136
Like?
In reply to sznajder, 7 months ago

I've already pre-ordered the X-T1 but I think they could have made an effort to keep the size and weight down.

It's a bit too long, I think the X100 was 126.5mm and that was perfect. That exposure comp dial is just a bit too big.

I would also rather have a fixed display and the camera being thinner.

High-wise I don't think they could have done much though.

The X-T1 is also around 90g or so more heave than the X-E1/2, that's more than the weight of the 27mm lens.

The reason most of us (I think) moved to mirroreless was size and weight and I'm just not liking this trend for chunkier cameras.

JFMoore
Regular MemberPosts: 313
Like?
Re: for me the XE2 is a much better form factor

I've barely had any interest in the recent announcement of the XT1.  When I started using the XE2 it was a revelation: my nose doesn't have to collide with the back of a camera!  Also I don't have to breathe condensation on the screen and then wipe it off constantly.  I guess if someone is left eye dominant this doesn't help, but for me I see no reason to go back to an SLR shape.

lxcellent
Contributing MemberPosts: 747Gear list
Like?
What features WOULD have led to a switch?
In reply to Bob Gates, 7 months ago

Bob Gates wrote:

Over the past few weeks as the rumors swirled about the X-T1 I was worried that it would have features that would compel me to change my mind and swallow my distaste of that form factor.

Very curious to know what those features would have been!  Can you elaborate?

lxcellent's gear list:lxcellent's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS D30 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Fujifilm X-E1 +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads