So much for the EVF being insufficient for action.....

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
*photons
In reply to canonagain123, 9 months ago

canonagain123 wrote:

Richard wrote:

Greg A A wrote:

Many people don't want to look at the world they are photographing through a small TV set. Try replacing someone's glasses with an electronic viewing screen. Why doesn't Google just replace the entire glasses with an electronic screen? This is why many people prefer their OVF.

I prefer my eye over OVF or EVF, because it looks natural through it. When my eye degrades I prefer to wear contacts or glasses over an electronic eye or monitor and video camera, because it is natural to look through glass. When I look at myself in the mirror, I prefer a mirror over a camera and monitor because it looks more natural.

When you use a mirror, it is a reflection of the object, when you use EVF it is a representation of what a bunch of photosites process and composite into an image then is represented again as a video monitor. It is a representation of a representation.

I prefer to see through optics and a mirror, that is what photography is about.

of the represented flow
of photons you'll never
ever have to see again
then...

it should be photons!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Mark B.
Forum ProPosts: 15,077Gear list
Like?
Re: So much for the EVF being insufficient for action.....
In reply to Ontario Gone, 9 months ago

Ontario Gone wrote:

Well in case anybody else hasn't heard, Fuji just dropped a bomb and there will likely be a lot of broken glass, as well as broken hearts. Not only is it a .77x magnification, the biggest of any digital camera, they also ratcheted down the lag. We are looking at a 0.005 sec lag time, not bad eh?

Not bad.  When there's an EVF that's 100% and no lag like my 7D I'll be more interested

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
I don't think
In reply to Mark B., 9 months ago

Mark B. wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

Well in case anybody else hasn't heard, Fuji just dropped a bomb and there will likely be a lot of broken glass, as well as broken hearts. Not only is it a .77x magnification, the biggest of any digital camera, they also ratcheted down the lag. We are looking at a 0.005 sec lag time, not bad eh?

Not bad. When there's an EVF that's 100% and no lag like my 7D I'll be more interested

I don't think he understands that nobody wants "magnification" Too difficult of a concept for him that everyone wants to see the entire frame (100%)!

nuke12
Contributing MemberPosts: 520Gear list
Like?
The world will move in it's own time and can't be pushed by mere mortals

What I'd like to know is who pays you to start these type of threads? For what purpose? Do you expect to change the world in some way? Is this a new religion and your the church leader?

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +14 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Maybe he's hired
In reply to nuke12, 9 months ago

nuke12 wrote:

What I'd like to know is who pays you to start these type of threads? For what purpose? Do you expect to change the world in some way? Is this a new religion and your the church leader?

-- hide signature --

I'm a photo hacker. I use my expensive equipment to destroy anything in front of my camera. This is a special skill that can never be realized by low life photographers. A nurtured skill since the 1970's.

As we know from other threads (!) companies hire people to troll and affect public opinion in internet forums. Maybe he's hired by Sony to spread the mirrorless agenda!

YRUNVS
Regular MemberPosts: 251Gear list
Like?

Were you abused by a SLR as a child?

YRUNVS's gear list:YRUNVS's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF Nikkor 135mm f/2D DC Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +7 more
Ontario Gone
Senior MemberPosts: 3,247Gear list
Like?
Re: My heart warms for you
In reply to sportyaccordy, 9 months ago

sportyaccordy wrote:

The EVFs up to this point HAVE been inadequate for action shooting.

And mirrorless folks like yourselves are the antagonizers here. This coming from a loyal NEX shooter. It's a wonder why you haven't been banned yet.

Banned? haha because i have the right to my own opinion just like you. Guess what buddy, just because you don't agree with somebody else doesn't mean you can remove them or make them be quiet. Welcome to the big boy world, you don't have control over other people. The fact supposed mature people would even try to "bann" another anonymous person is laughable, this is like kids tattle telling to the teacher in 1st grade. Are you really condoning that?

-- hide signature --

"Run to the light, Carol Anne. Run as fast as you can!"

Ontario Gone's gear list:Ontario Gone's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Ulfric M Douglas
Senior MemberPosts: 4,003
Like?

Ontario Gone wrote:

... they also ratcheted down the lag. We are looking at a 0.005 sec lag time, not bad eh? The goodies are listed HERE. I guess now it's just a matter of getting that on sensor predictive tracking a bit faster and then...well, we know what then. Happy shooting

-- hide signature --

Are you even using the terms correctly?

The lag time ... is usually referring to either delay between shutterpress and exposure, or delay between realtime image and EVF image : neither of which is ultimately important in EVFs for "action" : which is more affected by EVF-blackout (NOT Lag), refresh rate  and C-AF performance.

I could have an EVF&camera with 0.000001 EVF lag and still horrendous refresh rate, burst-mode blackout and low-light stutter/grain. Let's just wait and see.

And if Fuji have ZERO success to date with mirrorless predictive tracking ... well, we know what then. Oh. You already said that.

-- hide signature --

Cheksa wrote:
You're evil Ulfric.

nuke12
Contributing MemberPosts: 520Gear list
Like?
Re: Maybe he's hired

canonagain123 wrote:

As we know from other threads (!) companies hire people to troll and affect public opinion in internet forums. Maybe he's hired by Sony to spread the mirrorless agenda!

I think it’s time, he provides full disclosure. Does he have any kind of monetary connection back into the camera industry?

All these types of threads do, is polarize the different groups on this site. Is this suppose to win DLSR users over to mirrorless? I’d say that in many cases, threads like this, have the exact opposite effect. Most times, they boil down to mud throwing from both sides.

Obviously, he feels mirrorless is the future. I don’t have a problem with him feeling that way. His services would be better used, if he spent his time in specific forums, giving guidance to people who are interested in the evolving mirrorless camera.

-- hide signature --

nuke12's gear list:nuke12's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED VR II Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD +14 more
Ontario Gone
Like?
In reply to Ulfric M Douglas, 9 months ago

Ulfric M Douglas wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

... they also ratcheted down the lag. We are looking at a 0.005 sec lag time

Are you even using the terms correctly?

The lag time ... is usually referring to either delay between shutterpress and exposure, or delay between realtime image and EVF image : neither of which is ultimately important in EVFs for "action" : which is more affected by EVF-blackout (NOT Lag), refresh rate and C-AF performance.

According to Wiki, Lag= a failure of an application to respond in a timely fashion to inputs. As for your assertion i am wrong, i was simply quoting what Fuji has on their own website. If you want to split hairs, go file a complaint to Fuji, im sure they will take you seriously.

from Fuji's website.

As for "lag" not being important, i disagree. If you are trying to follow an erattic subject, you snap a shot when it's dead center in frame, but in reality it's not because what you see isn't where the subject really is. This improvement is important, all you have to do is ask in mirrorless forums about lag time with action shooting. They will all tell you the same thing: simply lead your subject, as if you were sniping a moving target. This Fuji EVF is much better.

-- hide signature --

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
yes for tattling

tattling to the teacher, tattling to the police

No escape from responsibility for your words and actions.

No place for bullies, you want to bully me? I'll find someone bigger and more powerful to bully you into submission. If you can't play by human rules, let's try dog rules and see if there's someone who can whip you into behaving or growl, gnaw and chew you into behaving. That's how societies tend to work, for better or worse.

I'm not sure you deserve a ban from this forum for anything you've said, but your behavior is pretty obnoxious. You're not the only one, it's kind of a thing around here, which is also why you probably won't be banned. It's still good to be aware that not everyone sees things as you do.

Ontario Gone
Like?
Re: I don't think

canonagain123 wrote:

Mark B. wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

Not only is it a .77x magnification, the biggest of any digital camera,

Not bad. When there's an EVF that's 100% and no lag like my 7D I'll be more interested

I don't think he understands that nobody wants "magnification" Too difficult of a concept for him that everyone wants to see the entire frame (100%)!

Splitting hairs just like Ulfric huh? Just as i told him, i am quoting Fuji, if you want go file a complaint to them im sure they will listen.

from Fuji's website.

-- hide signature --

Ontario Gone
Like?
Re: yes for tattling

canonagain123 wrote:

tattling to the teacher, tattling to the police

No escape from responsibility for your words and actions.

No place for bullies, you want to bully me? I'll find someone bigger and more powerful to bully you into submission. If you can't play by human rules, let's try dog rules and see if there's someone who can whip you into behaving or growl, gnaw and chew you into behaving. That's how societies tend to work, for better or worse.

Right, like the woman who had charges filed against her by Anderson Silva because she called him a name on twitter? Crybabies all, and nobody is going to bully me into submission,  have fun trying. Are you suggesting anybody here ins't playing by human rules? Please show where, because we all have "human" liberties, at least in my country. I am free to post everything i have posted, and if you don't agree with it, you are also free to move along.

I'm not sure you deserve a ban from this forum for anything you've said, but your behavior is pretty obnoxious. You're not the only one, it's kind of a thing around here, which is also why you probably won't be banned. It's still good to be aware that not everyone sees things as you do.

What if i told you that you and some others were obnoxious for expressing your opinions? Would you then argue that you are right and i am wrong? What you don't seem to understand is there are people in the world with a different opinion. I don't try to change opinions, but i am free to express mine just as they are. If you don't like this, perhaps you should stay off anonymous forums.

-- hide signature --

unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
a difference

Ontario Gone wrote:

Right, like the woman who had charges filed against her...

Everything can be abused. Even so, a smart person does not publicly defame other people in a society where they know it can have legal consequences, especially if those people have wealth and influence.

What if i told you that you and some others were obnoxious for expressing your opinions? Would you then argue that you are right and i am wrong? What you don't seem to understand is there are people in the world with a different opinion. I don't try to change opinions, but i am free to express mine just as they are. If you don't like this, perhaps you should stay off anonymous forums.

-- hide signature --

I would consider it a chance for self-improvement, something I'm very keen on. I don't think I'm perfect, or good enough in every way as is, I think I can always become a better person, a better conversationalist, better at expressing ideas amidst strong opposition. I have no problem admitting I sometimes take things too far, get too personal, get too snarky or too negative.

A difference between you and me is that I don't create a new thread every 1-2-3 days claiming this or that format which I don't happen to use is inferior and will be wiped out and anyone using it is a fool. You do this all the time.

hikerdoc
Regular MemberPosts: 387Gear list
Like?

All you heart broken 1Dx and D4 users out there: I could be talked into buying you a new xt-1 body in exchange for your now obsolete 1Dx or D4 body. I would probably not be alone. I do have a Nikon V1 which is likely different league than the new Fuji, but whenever I use it I long for my real cameras.

hikerdoc's gear list:hikerdoc's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D4 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Sigma 35mm F1.4 DG HSM +1 more
57LowRider
Senior MemberPosts: 2,497Gear list
Like?
In reply to 57LowRider, 9 months ago

57LowRider wrote:

Ontario Gone wrote:

Well in case anybody else hasn't heard, Fuji just dropped a bomb and there will likely be a lot of broken glass, as well as broken hearts. Not only is it a .77x magnification, the biggest of any digital camera, they also ratcheted down the lag. We are looking at a 0.005 sec lag time, not bad eh? The goodies are listed HERE. I guess now it's just a matter of getting that on sensor predictive tracking a bit faster and then...well, we know what then. Happy shooting

It is a bomb - so long as it lives up to the spec. I'll wait a little while to see how the early adopters get along and if it's thumbs up, bang my order for a body in.

That manual focusing feature, really incredibly cool at first look.

ok, I failed at waiting.

I'm not sure how any real-world claims can be made yet, seeing as nobody has one to tell us yea or nay. Any claims being made at the moment are surely somewhat premature.

When mine arrives, I'll be sure to post my impressions of it.

57LowRider's gear list:57LowRider's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +8 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
let's found a union!
In reply to hikerdoc, 9 months ago

hikerdoc wrote:

All you heart broken 1Dx and D4 users out there: I could be talked into buying you a new xt-1 body in exchange for your now obsolete 1Dx or D4 body. I would probably not be alone. I do have a Nikon V1 which is likely different league than the new Fuji, but whenever I use it I long for my real cameras.

everyone willing to buy a new xt-1 for the 1-DX, 1-D C, D4, D4s in exchange for their cameras, sign up! Let us gather here so there will be enough of us to take care of the massive flood of disappointed FF owners soon to turn up!

Osvaldo Cristo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,291Gear list
Like?
What is your point?

Ontario Gone wrote:

Well in case anybody else hasn't heard, Fuji just dropped a bomb and there will likely be a lot of broken glass, as well as broken hearts. Not only is it a .77x magnification, the biggest of any digital camera, they also ratcheted down the lag. We are looking at a 0.005 sec lag time, not bad eh? The goodies are listed HERE. I guess now it's just a matter of getting that on sensor predictive tracking a bit faster and then...well, we know what then. Happy shooting

Are you trying to tell us from now all those existing mirror less cameras will magically be a par with the new technologies? What is your point?

IMO all existing mirror less are inadequate. Perhaps a little bit more than toys for my needs and tastes... but I do not know about the future and anything that eventually be released will not invalidate current my opinion.

When decent EVF (there is none by today) and sensors with embedded also decent focus mechanism were released, even the DSLR market leaders can eventually go to them if it would represent a real upgrade. It is not the case, yet...

In this mean time grow up and learn there are different point of views in the Earth.

Happy shooting.

-- hide signature --

O.Cristo - An Amateur Photographer
Opinions of men are almost as various as their faces - so many men so many minds. B. Franklin

Ontario Gone
Like?
Re: a difference

canonagain123 wrote:

A difference between you and me is that I don't create a new thread every 1-2-3 days claiming this or that format which I don't happen to use is inferior and will be wiped out and anyone using it is a fool. You do this all the time.

Are you faulting me for having an opinion, or for sharing it?

-- hide signature --

crashpc
Senior MemberPosts: 2,408Gear list
Like?
In reply to YRUNVS, 9 months ago

YRUNVS wrote:

Were you abused by a SLR as a child?

Hah you killed it all.

Can anybody tell me, if it can hold up the marketed lag and +60fps at very low light with normal amout of noise? And how expensive is it against adequate SLR with "same" IQ?.

-- hide signature --

Why does he do it?

crashpc's gear list:crashpc's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads