How long after retail release before refurb Nikon bodies appear?

Started 10 months ago | Questions
vortex09
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
How long after retail release before refurb Nikon bodies appear?
10 months ago

Simple question, thread title says it all.

I'm trying to figure out how long it might be until refurb D610s hit the market. So if anyone recalls what the timeframe was after initial release for similar bodies (D600, D800, D700, etc.), that might be helpful in at least getting in the right ballpark.

I refuse to pay $2000 retail for what amounts to a non-defective D600, when we all know the D600 would have seen some discounts by now (especially in light of the direct-competitor 6D's price) had Nikon simply released a working camera to begin with. It's become clear that Nikon won't be dropping the MAP pricing on the D610 anytime soon, so I'm trying to hold out for refurbs.

vortex09's gear list:vortex09's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D610 Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5G ED
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 6D Nikon D600 Nikon D610 Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Hugo First
Contributing MemberPosts: 753
Like?
Re: How long after retail release before refurb Nikon bodies appear?
In reply to vortex09, 10 months ago

happy waiting!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Nikonparrothead
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,180Gear list
Like?
Re: How long after retail release before refurb Nikon bodies appear?
In reply to vortex09, 10 months ago

Well people have to return cameras for Nikon to refurbish them. Though according to Nikon Rumors, Nikon has been replacing some D600s that come in for service with D610s.

You could buy  refurb D600, roll the dice, send it in and see if Nikon replaces it with a D610. So the question is... Do you feel lucky?....

-- hide signature --

'Nice pen, bet you write good stories with it.'

Nikonparrothead's gear list:Nikonparrothead's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ1 Canon PowerShot S95 Fujifilm FinePix X100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D3S +11 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads