*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.25 ***

Started 6 months ago | Discussions
Wormsmeat
Senior MemberPosts: 3,957Gear list
Like?
*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.25 ***
6 months ago

Everybody please...

• Reply to THIS message when posting your own pictures.
  • Keep it polite.
  • If you find someone else's work interesting, leave a comment.
  • Newbies welcome.
 Wormsmeat's gear list:Wormsmeat's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
London wakes up.
In reply to Wormsmeat, 6 months ago
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
sinkas
Regular MemberPosts: 460Gear list
Like?
Heritage Buildings in Ballarat, Vic, Australia

Ballarat is one of the most significant Victorian era boomtowns in Australia. Just months after Victoria was granted separation from New South Wales, the Victorian gold rush transformed Ballarat from a small sheep station to a major settlement. Gold was discovered at Poverty Point on 18 August 1851 and news quickly spread of rich alluvial fields where gold could easily be extracted. Within months, approximately 20,000 migrants had rushed the district.

Olympus 9-18mm. All images 5 frame HDR's.

Ballarat Town Hall 1870

Craig's Royal Hotel 1862 - 1890

Old Colonists Hall 1888

Ballarat Fine Art Gallery 1887

Mining Exchange 1888

-- hide signature --

Regards Daryl
Hobbes: You're ignorant, but at least you act on it.”
Bill Watterson, The Authoritative Calvin And Hobbes

sinkas's gear list:sinkas's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 +2 more
Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: Heritage Buildings in Ballarat, Vic, Australia
In reply to sinkas, 6 months ago

Lovely HDR skies. The Old Coroner's Hall looks very stylish.

Florida Nature Photographer
Senior MemberPosts: 3,967Gear list
Like?
Re: London wakes up.

Very nice sky on the ferris wheel shot.

Florida Nature Photographer's gear list:Florida Nature Photographer's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Topaz Adjust +3 more
minniev
Senior MemberPosts: 1,309
Like?
St Francisville LA -assortment from this week

Spent a few days in the Felicianas- winter is not the best time to take photos there, but fun anyway, some processed rather experimentally, others pretty much straight OOC.

Rosedown

an antebellum shower rig (you stand in the thing and pull the colorful cord)

watchful hawk

grungy version of the muddy Mississippi at dawn

old Episcopal church with mourning wreaths

inside the Catholic church

anybody old enough to remember Tourist Courts?

Michael L NYC 99
Contributing MemberPosts: 522Gear list
Like?
Bryant Park/Times Square Before and After the Snow

I took some shots along the 42nd Street corridor between Bryant Park and Times Square on Monday night before the snow and on Tuesday night during the snowfall. The pre-snow shots were taken with the Voigtlander 17.5 and the snow shots were taken with the Panasonic 12-35. All shots were taken with a G6 on a tripod. I used a Kata rain cover to keep my camera and lens mostly dry during the snowfall.

Sculpture (The Guardians: Hero by Antonio Pio Saracino) in the courtyard outside the MetLife Building

This area in Times Square was under construction last month, so it was good to see it open again. I exposed for the bright video displays, which left most of the image in deep shadows. I was pleased with the amount of detail I pulled from the shadows in this shot.

This view is from the edge of Bryant Park looking onto Sixth Avenue. I used my on camera flash and a longish 1.6 second exposure. The flash did not freeze the flakes here. I think the street lights made the scene too bright for the flash, or maybe the rain cover blocked the flash. The long exposure, with an ineffective flash, ended up making the falling snow disappear from the air. I show this as an example of what NOT to do to capture falling snow.

I chose this position and view to keep the wind at my back and the snow off my lens. I took many shots here and I tried to get shots without people walking in front of me. When processing, the shots with people walking were much better because they became a dark canvas to show the snowfall.

This is one of my final shots in the snow as my toes were getting numb by this time. I did use the on camera flash here and it did freeze some flakes in this shot. A real problem with using the on camera flash in portrait orientation is that the flash only reaches the right half of the shot. The rain cover probably reduced the reach of the flash as well.

Regards

Michael

-- hide signature --

See my Flickr photostream here Michael.Lee.Pics.NYC

Michael L NYC 99's gear list:Michael L NYC 99's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +9 more
Daniel Wee
Contributing MemberPosts: 529Gear list
Like?
Re: *** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.01.25 ***

Some market and bird shots.

Daniel Wee's gear list:Daniel Wee's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD750 Olympus C-2000 Zoom Nikon D70 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus E-M1 +17 more
yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,116
Like?

Goo to see that all your fingers are working again. First shot is great and has a lovely atmosphere. You obviously found a a moment when it wasn't raining.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

yyr
yyr
Senior MemberPosts: 2,116
Like?

Very nice studies and the HDR has a  light touch which suits the subjects well:-)

If you use Lightroom it might be worth trying a bit of distortion correction, especially on the first 2.

-- hide signature --

Yaelle

Bob Tullis
Forum ProPosts: 26,038Gear list
Like?

That's a nice sunrise (rise, right?).   And a considered arrangement with The Wheel and the string of lights.  

I'm struck by the contrast in the 2nd - contrast of color, and the contrast of focus.   Very clever, making the barge pop on the screen.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
http://www.bobtullis.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobtullis/
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Bob Tullis's gear list:Bob Tullis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Bob Tullis
Like?

Very striking subjects themselves, deftly conveyed in HDR.   The sky in some are almost unreal, but only almost.  Kudos.

The only suggestion would be to watch for the type of broad halo about the subjects against the sky, such as the last presentation exhibits.

Fine work, Daryl.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC
"Well, sometimes the magic works. . . Sometimes, it doesn't." - Chief Dan George, Little Big Man

Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Rokinon 7.5mm 1:3.5 UMC Fisheye CS Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +18 more
Bob Tullis
Like?
Re: St Francisville LA -assortment from this week
In reply to minniev, 6 months ago

This series is as nice as it is diverse.   I see you're ready for anything, and you know how to frame it.

I enjoy this series immensely.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC

Bob Tullis
Like?
Re: Bryant Park/Times Square Before and After the Snow
In reply to Michael L NYC 99, 6 months ago

Determined purpose is clearly conveyed, Michael. Makes me feel lazy with my practices as of late.

I haven't seen that first sculpture yet, but I much admire the composition you've laid around it (and imagine it took a little to get it just so).  I simply enjoyed the rest , very much [g].

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC

Wormsmeat
Like?
In reply to Bob Tullis, 6 months ago

Bob Tullis wrote:

That's a nice sunrise (rise, right?). And a considered arrangement with The Wheel and the string of lights.

I'm struck by the contrast in the 2nd - contrast of color, and the contrast of focus. Very clever, making the barge pop on the screen.

Yes it was an afterthought of a shot but when I got it home I liked the diorama effect that the OOF wall gave it.

Bob Tullis
Like?
Dated offerings

I have two offerings here from weeks ago, both with the Voigtlander 42.5 lens.

Not sure if the South Street Seaport will ever be seen like this again from Brooklyn, with it due to be razed and rebuilt.   It was the last 'warm' day in December with a hint of fog, and an hour or so before the winter arrived and decided to stay.  I specifically recall here the waves of cold that started to push out the fog and drove me to the subway to call it a night.

I believe I showed the mono version of this somewhere, sometime, but I reworked the color.    If I were to do it again, I'd crouch down to narrow the expanse between the two reflecting orbs.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC

Wormsmeat
Like?
Re: St Francisville LA -assortment from this week
In reply to minniev, 6 months ago

minniev wrote:

grungy version of the muddy Mississippi at dawn

This is special. By far the stand out shot IMO. Love the muted colours, the grass frame, lazy vibe and the repetition of strong horizontals.

Abrak
Senior MemberPosts: 1,331
Like?
Re: Some processing...

The only photos I took in the past week were of family and friends, so here are 3 pics I processed during the week. I was having fun with processing but I am not really sure what works and what did not.

Wedding season in Hanoi

She left...

Mona....

Bob Tullis
Like?
Re: Some processing...
In reply to Abrak, 6 months ago

They all work for me.   Especially the wedding image, very unique and tastefully rendered.

The problem with developing is finding one's 'voice'.   It's a journey IMO, and quite an enjoyable one.

-- hide signature --

...Bob, NYC

FrankS009
Senior MemberPosts: 2,121Gear list
Like?
Bearskin Airlines Fairchild Metroliner, Sudbury and points north

C and C welcome.

F.

Pre-takoff.

-- hide signature --

When no-one else is there, the camera becomes my means...to say to a wider audience, "Did you see that?" David duChemin

FrankS009's gear list:FrankS009's gear list
Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads