HD DA 1.4X TC photo

Started 11 months ago | Discussions
audiobomber
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,446Gear list
Like?
HD DA 1.4X TC photo
11 months ago

Member Pentaxoe just posted a photo of the HD DA 1.4X AW AF Rear Convertor in Pentax Forums SLR Lens forum. The thread is called Teleconverters - again! (Pentax Rear Converter A 2X-S on DA* 200mm f/2.8)) and is not about the new TC, it's about the old A 2X-S.

Quoted from the thread: "Talked to a Pentax source these days. Looks like a (the) "HD DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter" is on it's way. It seems to be more than a rumor. He showed me a picture of the new converter. It has the new HD design. I have no further specs or release date though."

-- hide signature --

Dan

audiobomber's gear list:audiobomber's gear list
Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 26,004
Like?
Re: HD DA 1.4X TC photo
In reply to audiobomber, 11 months ago

audiobomber wrote:

Member Pentaxoe just posted a photo of the HD DA 1.4X AW AF Rear Convertor in Pentax Forums SLR Lens forum. The thread is called Teleconverters - again! (Pentax Rear Converter A 2X-S on DA* 200mm f/2.8)) and is not about the new TC, it's about the old A 2X-S.

Quoted from the thread: "Talked to a Pentax source these days. Looks like a (the) "HD DA 1.4x AW AF Rear Converter" is on it's way. It seems to be more than a rumor. He showed me a picture of the new converter. It has the new HD design. I have no further specs or release date though."

Hi Dan,

FWIW: I was told a little over a week ago by a certain forum member that he has place an order for ten of them. I am assuming that they are for the store he works at.

That thing will be a best seller if it works properly with the DA*60-250/4 and DA*300/4 lenses. I will probably buy a couple of them myself.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
FrancW
Regular MemberPosts: 178Gear list
Like?
In reply to brandrx, 11 months ago

can.t wait myself!

-- hide signature --
 FrancW's gear list:FrancW's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-3
fotobert
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Like?

Hope it will work with my Tammy. Only one for me.

Albert

fotobert's gear list:fotobert's gear list
Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA 18-135mm F3.5-5.6ED AL [IF] DC WR Sigma 70mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 8-16mm F4.5-5.6 DC HSM +10 more
audiobomber
Like?

brandrx wrote:

FWIW: I was told a little over a week ago by a certain forum member that he has place an order for ten of them. I am assuming that they are for the store he works at.

Now I have butterflies in my stomach.

That thing will be a best seller if it works properly with the DA*60-250/4 and DA*300/4 lenses. I will probably buy a couple of them myself.

I'll be in line right behind you. My supertele system will be complete with the K-3, DA*300 and 1.4X TC. I love the compact size. Should we worry that it's DA and not DA*?

-- hide signature --

Dan

Pentax K-3 Sony a6000 Pentax K20D Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc FA 50mm F1.4 +15 more
DarylK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,622Gear list
Like?

That's great news!  More choices for me to spend my money on later this year.  Tough decisions ahead...

Daryl

-- hide signature --

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. - Ernest Hemingway
Great photography is largely a matter of perspective, both visually and mentally - Daryl Kottwitz (but probably said before )
My gallery: http://darylkottwitzphoto.smugmug.com
My shots on PPG: http://www.pentaxphotogallery.com/artists/darylkottwitz

DarylK's gear list:DarylK's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 10-17mm F3.5-4.5 ED (IF) Fisheye +6 more
Flowrider5
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?

Wonderful news!

But I am missing sealings! I think this TC would fit much better into pentax' product line if it where at least WR, if not of * designation.

So I think(hope) that the pic is a hoax and we will see a weather sealed TC... SOON!

Greetings, Flo

Twojugs
Regular MemberPosts: 355
Like?
In reply to Flowrider5, 11 months ago

Flowrider5 wrote:

Wonderful news!

But I am missing sealings! I think this TC would fit much better into pentax' product line if it where at least WR, if not of * designation.

So I think(hope) that the pic is a hoax and we will see a weather sealed TC... SOON!

Greetings, Flo

Let's hope that "AW" stands for All-weather?

tony

leopold
Forum ProPosts: 12,774Gear list
Like?

Can't wait to see if the TC will work well with the DFA 100mm Macro WR (IQ) !

leopold's gear list:leopold's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4.0L USM Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +3 more
Stig Vidar Hovland
Senior MemberPosts: 1,722Gear list
Like?

How can you tell it hasn't any sealings?

rogerstpierre
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,517Gear list
Like?

Now we know what Pentax will be launching at next Photokina !...

-- hide signature --

Roger

rogerstpierre's gear list:rogerstpierre's gear list
Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax Optio 33WR Samsung TL500 Pentax K10D Pentax K-01 +18 more
audiobomber
Like?
In reply to Twojugs, 11 months ago

Twojugs wrote:

Flowrider5 wrote:

Wonderful news!

Greetings, Flo

Let's hope that "AW" stands for All-weather?

Correct, AW stands for All-Weather (dust-proof and weather-resistant), as used on the HD 560 and several 645D lenses.

-- hide signature --

Dan

ozdean
Forum ProPosts: 20,714Gear list
Like?

Oh yes Ron if it works with them and IQ holds up I'm in.

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-50 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
audiobomber
Like?
In reply to rogerstpierre, 11 months ago

rogerstpierre wrote:

Now we know what Pentax will be launching at next Photokina !...

I hope we won't have to wait that long. I bet it will be announced at CP+ in February.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Stig Vidar Hovland
Senior MemberPosts: 1,722Gear list
Like?

It will be interesting to see how well this works with older F and FA lenses with large rear elements as this converter is called HD DA and not HD DFA.

audiobomber
Like?

Flowrider5 wrote:

Wonderful news!

AW is a higher level of protection than WR. Pentax says WR lenses are "weather sealed".

AW and DA* lenses are described as "dustproof and weather-resistant".

-- hide signature --

Dan

james45
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?

Rather hope it plays nicely with the Sigma 100-300 f4...

asahi man
Contributing MemberPosts: 539
Like?

audiobomber wrote:

Member Pentaxoe just posted a photo of the HD DA 1.4X AW AF Rear Convertor in Pentax Forums SLR Lens forum. The thread is called Teleconverters - again! (Pentax Rear Converter A 2X-S on DA* 200mm f/2.8)) and is not about the new TC, it's about the old A 2X-S.

-- hide signature --

Dan

Yes,it is the current product picture of the fullframe converter.

Maybe I will check it with DA*300,DA 560 and a Telezoom in 2 Weeks.

Best regards

james45
Regular MemberPosts: 158
Like?
In reply to asahi man, 11 months ago

Hope it doesn't cost too much... And I wonder how many colours they'll do it in?

(At least black, silver, and white for the 560mm...)

Asahiman - will we see the flucard at the same time, do you think?

ozdean
Forum ProPosts: 20,714Gear list
Like?
In reply to asahi man, 11 months ago

AW, SDM, DC and Screw drive - looks good!

-- hide signature --

Regards Dean - Capturing Creation
N.B. All my Images are Protected by Copyright

ozdean's gear list:ozdean's gear list
Pentax MX-1 Pentax K-50 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads