HX300 at a friend's seaside garden
8 months ago

Kookaburra

Kookaburra, rear view - just a tiny flash of blue, lower right wing

Wattle bird

Pond plants

Eucalyptus 'Fairy floss'

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Carole M
Regular MemberPosts: 134
Like?
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden
In reply to jcmi, 8 months ago

sweet results too Jan

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
KCHAWK
Senior MemberPosts: 1,427Gear list
Like?

Very nice.  The last one is my favorite.

-- hide signature --

Larry
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape

KCHAWK's gear list:KCHAWK's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25
KJaay
Senior MemberPosts: 3,197Gear list
Like?

Nice captures, the Eucalyptus 'Fairy floss, beautiful.

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Canon EOS 450D
Aisse Gaertner
Contributing MemberPosts: 624Gear list
Like?

OMG! From now on everytime I eat Outback's kookaburra wing, I'll remember where it comes from!

Aisse Gaertner's gear list:Aisse Gaertner's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300 +1 more
jcmi
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
In reply to Aisse Gaertner, 8 months ago

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

OMG! From now on everytime I eat Outback's kookaburra wing, I'll remember where it comes from!

Hmm, we do have a tendency to eat our beloved native animals - kangaroo steak anyone?

karlreed
Contributing MemberPosts: 623Gear list
Like?

jcmi wrote:

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

Hmm, we do have a tendency to eat our beloved native animals - kangaroo steak anyone?

I am very worried to hear that Kookaburra wings are available in a restaurant in the US. Here is the recipe,http://outbacksteakhouseathome.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/kookaburra-wings_24.html  but, I'm sure that this is only a dummy to keep the truth from any Australian customs agents who may be trying to gather evidence for use in prosecutions. It would seem to be a great catch 22, if you don't serve what you advertise, I assume you are in breach of US consumer law.

I have a couple of kookas who scavange in my suburban backyard in Eltham Vic, but, I hadn't considered eating them.

Nice photos..

-- hide signature --

karl reed

karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
jcmi
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
In reply to karlreed, 8 months ago

karlreed wrote:

jcmi wrote:

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

I am very worried to hear that Kookaburra wings are available in a restaurant in the US. Here is the recipe,http://outbacksteakhouseathome.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/kookaburra-wings_24.html but, I'm sure that this is only a dummy to keep the truth from any Australian customs agents who may be trying to gather evidence for use in prosecutions. It would seem to be a great catch 22, if you don't serve what you advertise, I assume you are in breach of US consumer law.

I have a couple of kookas who scavange in my suburban backyard in Eltham Vic, but, I hadn't considered eating them.

Nice photos..

-- hide signature --

karl reed

Most amusing Karl. Hope you enjoyed the rain today - I've just returned from a pleasant walk with the dog in Yarra Bend park, smelling the lemon-scented gums. I live in Clifton Hill, but am close to natural bushland so see and hear kookaburras regularly. The one in the photo was down at Anglesea.

Cheers

Julie

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads