HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

Started Jan 22, 2014 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
jcmi
jcmi Regular Member • Posts: 100
HX300 at a friend's seaside garden
1

Kookaburra

Kookaburra, rear view - just a tiny flash of blue, lower right wing

Wattle bird

Pond plants

Eucalyptus 'Fairy floss'

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Carole M
Carole M Regular Member • Posts: 135
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

sweet results too Jan

KCHAWK
KCHAWK Senior Member • Posts: 1,791
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

Very nice.  The last one is my favorite.

-- hide signature --

Larry
Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape

 KCHAWK's gear list:KCHAWK's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX200V Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS25
KJaay Senior Member • Posts: 5,075
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

Nice captures, the Eucalyptus 'Fairy floss, beautiful.

-- hide signature --

KJ

 KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Nikon Coolpix P600 Nikon Coolpix P900 Canon EOS 450D
Aisse Gaertner
Aisse Gaertner Contributing Member • Posts: 763
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

OMG! From now on everytime I eat Outback's kookaburra wing, I'll remember where it comes from!

 Aisse Gaertner's gear list:Aisse Gaertner's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX400V Nikon Coolpix P900 +1 more
jcmi
jcmi OP Regular Member • Posts: 100
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

OMG! From now on everytime I eat Outback's kookaburra wing, I'll remember where it comes from!

Hmm, we do have a tendency to eat our beloved native animals - kangaroo steak anyone?

karlreed Contributing Member • Posts: 735
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

jcmi wrote:

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

OMG! From now on everytime I eat Outback's kookaburra wing, I'll remember where it comes from!

Hmm, we do have a tendency to eat our beloved native animals - kangaroo steak anyone?

I am very worried to hear that Kookaburra wings are available in a restaurant in the US. Here is the recipe,http://outbacksteakhouseathome.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/kookaburra-wings_24.html  but, I'm sure that this is only a dummy to keep the truth from any Australian customs agents who may be trying to gather evidence for use in prosecutions. It would seem to be a great catch 22, if you don't serve what you advertise, I assume you are in breach of US consumer law.

I have a couple of kookas who scavange in my suburban backyard in Eltham Vic, but, I hadn't considered eating them.

Nice photos..

-- hide signature --

karl reed

 karlreed's gear list:karlreed's gear list
Sony RX100 Nikon D200 Nikon D700 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
jcmi
jcmi OP Regular Member • Posts: 100
Re: HX300 at a friend's seaside garden

karlreed wrote:

jcmi wrote:

Aisse Gaertner wrote:

OMG! From now on everytime I eat Outback's kookaburra wing, I'll remember where it comes from!

Hmm, we do have a tendency to eat our beloved native animals - kangaroo steak anyone?

I am very worried to hear that Kookaburra wings are available in a restaurant in the US. Here is the recipe,http://outbacksteakhouseathome.blogspot.com.au/2012/11/kookaburra-wings_24.html but, I'm sure that this is only a dummy to keep the truth from any Australian customs agents who may be trying to gather evidence for use in prosecutions. It would seem to be a great catch 22, if you don't serve what you advertise, I assume you are in breach of US consumer law.

I have a couple of kookas who scavange in my suburban backyard in Eltham Vic, but, I hadn't considered eating them.

Nice photos..

-- hide signature --

karl reed

Most amusing Karl. Hope you enjoyed the rain today - I've just returned from a pleasant walk with the dog in Yarra Bend park, smelling the lemon-scented gums. I live in Clifton Hill, but am close to natural bushland so see and hear kookaburras regularly. The one in the photo was down at Anglesea.

Cheers

Julie

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads