The K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
brandrx
Forum ProPosts: 25,941
Like?
The K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com
10 months ago

Hi folks,

The Pentax K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com. It has been dropping a few dollars every few hours and is now sitting at US $1106 (body only) direct from Amazon.com.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Ron - 'We don't have time to go take pics this afternoon Carl.'
Carl - 'What do you mean? It will only take 1/1000s.'
'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Jim King
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,727Gear list
Like?
Re: The K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com
In reply to brandrx, 10 months ago

Wonder why it price is falling so soon after introduction?  I bought mine for $1099 about a month ago. Maybe I should have waited...  Nahhh, I just couldn't resist the latest and greatest!

-- hide signature --

Jim King - Retired Colormonger - Suburban Detroit, Michigan, USA; GMT -5h (EST)
Pentaxian for over 50 years.
There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
- Sir Winston Churchill
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.
- Albert Einstein

Jim King's gear list:Jim King's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 +18 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Gosman
Contributing MemberPosts: 828Gear list
Like?

But you have to pay tax in Texas.  Got mine at my local store.

-- hide signature --

Gosman

Gosman's gear list:Gosman's gear list
Pentax K-3
GeoffNS
Contributing MemberPosts: 565
Like?

Yes But: The Canadian Dollar keeps dropping too.  Last year this time it was at par with the US Dollar, now it seems to be falling a few cents every week or two. Some say it will be at 80 cents before long.

C' la vie.

brandrx
Like?
Just dropped another $3 :-)

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

The Pentax K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com. It has been dropping a few dollars every few hours and is now sitting at US $1106 (body only) direct from Amazon.com.

Funny...it just dropped another $3 to $1103.

Ron

-- hide signature --

'Keep your eyes looking forward. However, glance back now and then to see where you've come from. It will put a smile on your face.' ~ brandrx

Gosman
Contributing MemberPosts: 828Gear list
Like?
Re: Just dropped another $3 :-)

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

The Pentax K-3 keeps dropping at Amazon.com. It has been dropping a few dollars every few hours and is now sitting at US $1106 (body only) direct from Amazon.com.

Ron

-- hide signature --

You keep watching that while I enjoy the camera!

-- hide signature --

Gosman

Gosman's gear list:Gosman's gear list
Pentax K-3
Jim King
Like?

As usual, Amazon has different price offers for different customers.  My Amazon page shows $1086...

-- hide signature --

There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey.
- John Ruskin
- Sir Winston Churchill
- Albert Einstein

Fujifilm X20 Leica M9 Ricoh GXR S10 24-72mm F2.5-4.4 VC Ricoh GXR Mount A12 Ricoh GXR A16 24-85mm F3.5-5.5 +18 more
LightBug
Senior MemberPosts: 1,305Gear list
Like?

Full frame coming soon?

LightBug's gear list:LightBug's gear list
Pentax Q Pentax K-30 Pentax smc DA 15mm F4 ED AL Limited Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 55-300mm F4.0-5.8 ED +5 more
brandrx
Like?
Just now went to $1100. :-)

brandrx wrote:

brandrx wrote:

Hi folks,

Just now dropped another $3 and is at US $1100. I wonder how low it will go by the end of tomorrow.

Ron

-- hide signature --

brandrx
Like?
In reply to Jim King, 10 months ago

Jim King wrote:

As usual, Amazon has different price offers for different customers.  My Amazon page shows $1086...

Jim,

I am looking at the price directly from Amazon.com, not from one of the sellers via Amazon.com.

Ron

-- hide signature --

Jim King
Like?

My lowest price Amazon listing for the K-3 is from Electronics Basket and Fulfilled by Amazon Prime at $1080.76. The price directly from Amazon is $1000.08. It looks like the price directly from Amazon is gradually sliding down, probably because of pressure from their storefront sellers.

Amazon has played this game before; if you keep looking at a product they may drop the price a little bit just for you...

Note: Just rechecked; the K-3 at Electronics Basket is now $1077.53.  How low will they go???

-- hide signature --

- John Ruskin
- Sir Winston Churchill
- Albert Einstein

EHDesigns
Regular MemberPosts: 357Gear list
Like?

US$1,096.84 at the moment on Saturday night 9:00pm Central Time at Amazon.com...

EHDesigns's gear list:EHDesigns's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM Pentax smc D-FA 100mm F2.8 Macro WR Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM Pentax K200D +9 more
brandrx
Like?
In reply to EHDesigns, 10 months ago

EHDesigns wrote:

US$1,096.84 at the moment on Saturday night 9:00pm Central Time at Amazon.com.

As I wrote in the OP, it seemed to be dropping every few hours. Now it seems to be dropping hourly. It is now at US $1093.66 at 9:09pm Mountain Standard Time.

Ron

-- hide signature --

chriskana
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?

MightyMike
Forum ProPosts: 30,906
Like?

Something big might be announced next month methinks!

-- hide signature --

Mike from Canada
"I am not a great photographer! God is a great creator! All I do is capture His creation with the tools He has provided me."
'I like to think so far outside the box that it would require a telephoto lens just to see the box!' ~ 'My Quote :)'
http://www.michaelfastphotography.com/galleries/VP-BDI_3a.jpg
http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?sort_order=views%20DESC&first_this_page=0&page_limit=180&&emailsearch=mighty_mike88%40hotmail.com&thumbnails=

brandrx
Like?
In reply to chriskana, 10 months ago

chriskana wrote:

That is Electronics Basket via Amazon.com.

Amazon.com (the jist of this thread) is at $1093.66.

Ron

-- hide signature --

brandrx
Like?
In reply to MightyMike, 10 months ago

MightyMike wrote:

Something big might be announced next month methinks!

Methinks you might be right.

Ron

-- hide signature --

JeffAHayes
Senior MemberPosts: 1,968Gear list
Like?

I just checked (12:41 a.m., EST, 119/14) and now the price is down to $1,074.35!

Think I'll keep watching and just MIGHT take that bait if it drops low enough, rather than biting on a K-5IIs, instead, which is currently at $743.

Jeff

P.S. One of the sellers for Pentax gear I've been seeing on Amazon lately is a dealer called Davis Max. I haven't bought anything from them (and they're never available with "Prime" shipping, although I believe their shipping is still free). At any rate, I've just gotten an "uneasy feeling" about them when I'd click on their name and look a bit further.

Here's a quote from someone who bought his K-3 from Davis Max that pretty much validates my uneasy feeling:

"Been using Pentax for over 40 years and have never been disappointed. I don't upgrade often, but it was time. Awesome options and picture quality. The AA filter was the big seller this time.

DO NOT purchase from DavisMax though. Terrible experience. They seem to open the boxes and sell parts out of them. I ordered a body and got a kit box without the lens. They claimed to have sold the lens out of it. Really!! it was only released 2 weeks prior."

While it doesn't appear they sold this customer less than he ordered, taking a "kit" and selling it "piecemeal" like that just doesn't seem "Kosher" to me, and I'm not sure the warranty would still be good, since I believe a warranty is for everything that comes in a particular package.

Caveat emptor.

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

JeffAHayes's gear list:JeffAHayes's gear list
Pentax WG-3 Pentax K-5 Pentax K-30 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM +8 more
Britney Elvis
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,750
Like?
1074 at 946
-- hide signature --

"It is not necessary to understand things in order to argue about them."
~~ Pierre Beaumarchais~~

chriskana
Junior MemberPosts: 46
Like?
In reply to JeffAHayes, 10 months ago

JeffAHayes wrote:

I just checked (12:41 a.m., EST, 119/14) and now the price is down to $1,074.35!

Think I'll keep watching and just MIGHT take that bait if it drops low enough, rather than biting on a K-5IIs, instead, which is currently at $743.

Jeff

P.S. One of the sellers for Pentax gear I've been seeing on Amazon lately is a dealer called Davis Max. I haven't bought anything from them (and they're never available with "Prime" shipping, although I believe their shipping is still free). At any rate, I've just gotten an "uneasy feeling" about them when I'd click on their name and look a bit further.

Here's a quote from someone who bought his K-3 from Davis Max that pretty much validates my uneasy feeling:

"Been using Pentax for over 40 years and have never been disappointed. I don't upgrade often, but it was time. Awesome options and picture quality. The AA filter was the big seller this time.

DO NOT purchase from DavisMax though. Terrible experience. They seem to open the boxes and sell parts out of them. I ordered a body and got a kit box without the lens. They claimed to have sold the lens out of it. Really!! it was only released 2 weeks prior."

While it doesn't appear they sold this customer less than he ordered, taking a "kit" and selling it "piecemeal" like that just doesn't seem "Kosher" to me, and I'm not sure the warranty would still be good, since I believe a warranty is for everything that comes in a particular package.

Caveat emptor.

-- hide signature --

A word is worth 1/1000th of a picture... Maybe that's why I use so many words!

1056.56 with Prime as of 4:18 EST

Regarding your comments about Davis Max, I have recent experience which may be of interest, but perhaps I'll post in a separate thread momentarily...

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads