Tamron 150-600 few samples (Canon Mount)

Started 9 months ago | Discussions
PK62
Contributing MemberPosts: 812Gear list
Like?
Re: Tamron 150-600 few samples (Canon Mount)
In reply to deeohuu, 9 months ago

deeohuu wrote:

On one of the many threads about the lens, someone who has one said the Lowepro 13X32CM lens case fits perfectly.

I need a bag to fit my Canon 7D and Tamron lens attached, but a lens case is a good idea too, since it doesn't come with one.  Thanks

-- hide signature --

Patti

PK62's gear list:PK62's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
denisg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,167Gear list
Like?
In reply to PK62, 9 months ago

PK62 wrote:

Could you do me a favor? I'm trying to find a bag for mine for when it arrives. What is the diameter of the lens hood? I need to see if it would fit in a Think Tank holster where the bottom is only 4.75 inches wide. Thank you if you can help me.

-- hide signature --

Patti

It is 12cm or 5 inches. The Tamrac Pro Digital Zoom 10 was a tight but good fit for the 200-500 but it just too small for the 150-600. It fits but very tight and I can't zip it closed. The top still pulls over the camera and lens and the front clip buckle still latches so it can still be used but not as intended.

Den.

-- hide signature --

DenisG.
http://www.denisg.co.uk/gallery/
First get a pic, if it's still there, compose one!

denisg's gear list:denisg's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 7D +11 more
SandyKHo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,504Gear list
Like?

Patti, the lens hood appears to be about 4-3/4" across.

Sandy

-- hide signature --

God gave us an incredible world. See it, hear it, Touch it, taste it, smell it, PHOTOGRAPH IT!

SandyKHo's gear list:SandyKHo's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-5N Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO +12 more
PK62
Like?
In reply to SandyKHo, 9 months ago

SandyKHo wrote:

Sandy

-- hide signature --

God gave us an incredible world. See it, hear it, Touch it, taste it, smell it, PHOTOGRAPH IT!

Thanks, the Think Tank 50 might just fit, but it would be tight since I think that it's 4.75" also at the bottom.  Just can't seem to find one large enough.

-- hide signature --

Patti

Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 70D Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM Tamron 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC PZD +4 more
PK62
Like?
In reply to denisg, 9 months ago

denisg wrote:

PK62 wrote:

Could you do me a favor? I'm trying to find a bag for mine for when it arrives. What is the diameter of the lens hood? I need to see if it would fit in a Think Tank holster where the bottom is only 4.75 inches wide. Thank you if you can help me.

-- hide signature --

Patti

It is 12cm or 5 inches. The Tamrac Pro Digital Zoom 10 was a tight but good fit for the 200-500 but it just too small for the 150-600. It fits but very tight and I can't zip it closed. The top still pulls over the camera and lens and the front clip buckle still latches so it can still be used but not as intended.

Den.

-- hide signature --

DenisG.

Just can't seem to find one to fit.  Maybe I'll have to go with a shoulder bag instead.  Thanks

-- hide signature --

Patti

SandyKHo
Senior MemberPosts: 2,504Gear list
Like?

When you get it figured out, I want one, too!  

-- hide signature --

SandyKHo's gear list:SandyKHo's gear list
Canon PowerShot SD780 IS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX50V Canon EOS 60D Sony Alpha NEX-5N Tamron AF 18-270mm F/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) MACRO +12 more
denisg
Senior MemberPosts: 1,167Gear list
Like?
In reply to SandyKHo, 9 months ago

Anyone have a Lowepro 75 Pro top loader, It is technically within just a couple of cm of being right. It might just fit?. Seems to be the largest holster style one around though I would be delighted to be corrected..................

Den.

-- hide signature --

DenisG.

denisg's gear list:denisg's gear list
Canon EOS-1D Mark III Konica Minolta Maxxum 7D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Canon EOS 7D +11 more
PK62
Like?
In reply to denisg, 9 months ago

denisg wrote:

Anyone have a Lowepro 75 Pro top loader, It is technically within just a couple of cm of being right. It might just fit?. Seems to be the largest holster style one around though I would be delighted to be corrected..................

Den.

-- hide signature --

DenisG.

The inside measurement says only 11.4" and I'm afraid that would be too short for my 7D and the Tamron attached.  I think I'd need closer to >13".  So far, I'm only finding shoulder bags and I've looked everywhere.  Hopefully someone will come up with one soon.  I don't want a backpack as I only want a walk around bag just for this set up.

-- hide signature --

Patti

PK62
Like?

Also maybe a camcorder bag would work with it's length

-- hide signature --

Patti

Jim Funston
Senior MemberPosts: 1,396
Like?

Patti, someone earlier in one of these posts suggested the doctors style tool bags at lowes and home depot. They are top loaders and come in various sizes and are much cheaper than long lens and camera bags. That is if you don't mind people asking to borrow a wench from you while you are out and about

i picked up a used long lens bag for under $50 on the auction site for mine. Sadly it will be waiting a long time to get something in it as I shoot a Sony and we are the last one to be released. Looks like late May early June for mine.

PK62
Like?
In reply to Jim Funston, 9 months ago

Jim Funston wrote:

Patti, someone earlier in one of these posts suggested the doctors style tool bags at lowes and home depot. They are top loaders and come in various sizes and are much cheaper than long lens and camera bags. That is if you don't mind people asking to borrow a wench from you while you are out and about

i picked up a used long lens bag for under $50 on the auction site for mine. Sadly it will be waiting a long time to get something in it as I shoot a Sony and we are the last one to be released. Looks like late May early June for mine.

I'll have to check that idea out. Thanks.  I'm not optimistic about getting my Canon mount anytime soon either.  I've been on the Adorama pre-order list since December, but no word yet and it doesn't help to call the store because they say they have no idea either.

-- hide signature --

Patti

DocHank
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?

PK62 wrote:

SandyKHo wrote:

Sandy

-- hide signature --

Thanks, the Think Tank 50 might just fit, but it would be tight since I think that it's 4.75" also at the bottom. Just can't seem to find one large enough.

-- hide signature --

Patti

I, too, am interested in a suitable bag, and currently for my ungripped 6D and 7D, the Think Tank 30 appears closest. At 12cm across it'd barely fit the stated maximum diameter of 105.6mm. Maybe a bit tight but just might work.

DocHank's gear list:DocHank's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
PK62
Like?
In reply to DocHank, 9 months ago

DocHank wrote:

PK62 wrote:

SandyKHo wrote:

Sandy

-- hide signature --

Thanks, the Think Tank 50 might just fit, but it would be tight since I think that it's 4.75" also at the bottom. Just can't seem to find one large enough.

-- hide signature --

Patti

I, too, am interested in a suitable bag, and currently for my ungripped 6D and 7D, the Think Tank 30 appears closest. At 12cm across it'd barely fit the stated maximum diameter of 105.6mm. Maybe a bit tight but just might work.

which Think Tank 30?  There appears to be a few of different styles.

-- hide signature --

Patti

DocHank
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?

PK62 wrote:

DocHank wrote:

PK62 wrote:

SandyKHo wrote:

Sandy

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Patti

which Think Tank 30? There appears to be a few of different styles.

-- hide signature --

Patti

Patti:

It's the Digital Holster 30 V2 that I had in mind. Same as the 50 but fits an ungripped body better.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/digital-holster-30-v2.aspx

Edited: BTW, I happen to like the Lowepro Toploader AW style better -- seems to have thicker padding, too. But unfortunately its biggest version (the 75) is too small. Wouldn't be surprised if it came out with an "85" later but not sure I can wait. Oh, maybe I can if B&H doesn't hurry up

DocHank's gear list:DocHank's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM
PK62
Like?
In reply to DocHank, 9 months ago

DocHank wrote:

PK62 wrote:

DocHank wrote:

PK62 wrote:

SandyKHo wrote:

Sandy

-- hide signature --

-- hide signature --

Patti

which Think Tank 30? There appears to be a few of different styles.

-- hide signature --

Patti

Patti:

It's the Digital Holster 30 V2 that I had in mind. Same as the 50 but fits an ungripped body better.

http://www.thinktankphoto.com/products/digital-holster-30-v2.aspx

Edited: BTW, I happen to like the Lowepro Toploader AW style better -- seems to have thicker padding, too. But unfortunately its biggest version (the 75) is too small. Wouldn't be surprised if it came out with an "85" later but not sure I can wait. Oh, maybe I can if B&H doesn't hurry up

I'll check out the holster.  I cancelled my Adorama lens order and put a deposit on the next one that comes in at a camera store about 50 miles from me.  At least I know I'll get the next one, hopefully by the end of the month.  Adorama couldn't even tell me where I was on the pre-order list.  I'll check and see if they have any shoulder bags that will work.  Hope you get yours soon.

-- hide signature --

Patti

evan47
Contributing MemberPosts: 694Gear list
Like?

the lowepro flipside aw 300 should fit nicely.

evan47's gear list:evan47's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +7 more
PK62
Like?
In reply to evan47, 9 months ago

evan47 wrote:

It fits, but it's huge.  I only want a bag to just hold my camera and lens for a walk around bag.  My daughter has one for various lenses and her camera and it's great for that.

-- hide signature --

Patti

opiecat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,798Gear list
Like?

PK62 wrote:

evan47 wrote:

It fits, but it's huge. I only want a bag to just hold my camera and lens for a walk around bag. My daughter has one for various lenses and her camera and it's great for that.

-- hide signature --

Patti

i got the lowepro transit sling 250 aw.  from the measurements, 150-600 is ~10" + body (3") it should fit vertically.

and it's not that big

-- hide signature --

http://opienc.wordpress.com
'when 900 years you reach, look as good you will not'
-- master yoda
http://jordanpaw.zenfolio.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads