What Did You Shoot or PP This Week? Week 3

Started 10 months ago | Discussions
Jennnifer
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
Re: Baltimore Wildlife
In reply to Orion12, 10 months ago

Orion12 wrote:

Great Shot Jennifer Good Work getting this Close as Those Guys Like to Fly Off When You Point Something at them. . .

Cheers from Orion

Thanks, Orion. I actually got a shot of a straggler. But because I'm still learning and was also a little freaked out by him, I forgot to do anything with the aperture, so I was only able to bring him out through some not great PP (just learning there too). I do think I was successful in bringing out his ickiness to some degree, especially since he was just a dark blob in in the original.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Me Tarzan
Senior MemberPosts: 1,392Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jennnifer, 10 months ago

Jennifer, that is a very cool shot.

DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 873Gear list
Like?
In reply to Jennnifer, 10 months ago

Jennnifer wrote:

Orion12 wrote:

Great Shot Jennifer Good Work getting this Close as Those Guys Like to Fly Off When You Point Something at them. . .

Cheers from Orion

Thanks, Orion. I actually got a shot of a straggler. But because I'm still learning and was also a little freaked out by him, I forgot to do anything with the aperture, so I was only able to bring him out through some not great PP (just learning there too). I do think I was successful in bringing out his ickiness to some degree, especially since he was just a dark blob in in the original.

Good capture Jennifer, it's all to easy to have all the wrong settings when these opportunities present themselves - I do it all the time   When just wandering around I now leave Photometry on Spot it the forlorn hope that even if I blow everything else in my haste I will at least have the main target exposure reasonable.

Dicky.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
jcmi
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?
Re: What Did You Shoot or PP This Week? Week 3
In reply to Me Tarzan, 10 months ago

Spent the weekend at a friend's beach house - they have a gorgeous seaside native garden.

Giving the X20 a workout on macro. Last one is from Sony HX300.

Industrious ants

In the veggie garden - beetroot

Eucalyptus fairy floss

Beach rocks

Beach garden

Not sure of its name!

Some sort of water plant -  Sony HX300

Me Tarzan
Like?
In reply to jcmi, 10 months ago

Jcmi, beautiful shots. That's some garden. I think those are turnips popping up?

jcmi
Forum MemberPosts: 82
Like?

No, they are beetroots. And we ate them!!!

Orion12
Senior MemberPosts: 1,571Gear list
Like?
In reply to jcmi, 10 months ago

jcmi wrote:

Spent the weekend at a friend's beach house - they have a gorgeous seaside native garden.

Giving the X20 a workout on macro. Last one is from Sony HX300.

Industrious ants

In the veggie garden - beetroot

Eucalyptus fairy floss

Beach rocks

Beach garden

Not sure of its name!

Some sort of water plant - Sony HX300

These are ALL Great Pics JcMi  Keep Shootin Em Up Postin  You're Getting Great Results !

Cheers from Orion 

Orion12's gear list:Orion12's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Pentax K10D +4 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Before moving to Tennessee, I had always lived near the ocean (either the Gulf of Mexico in Texas and Florida) or the South Atlantic (different part of Florida).  Seagulls have always been comical to me, and was amazed to find some right here in Nashville, of all places.  Evidently, they follow or ride the Barge traffic up from the Gulf.  Found a hang out of theirs, and had at it with the X-S1.

Tried it in EXR AUTO (which blew out the highlights in the white feathers on their chest as for some reason it decided S/N (why ? ? ?) was the way to go:  Not!).

For grins, I tried it from the SP menu with the SNOW preset.  Blew out again.

Then I went back to EXR, and selected D/R, which finally did the trick.

This is a 'work in progress' inasmuch as I'm working to find that 'just right' combination of ISO, DR, and keeping an eye on my shutter speeds since these are all at the far end of the zoom range.  But I learned a lot today, and will keep working at it on the right weather days as I can.  And all of you that shoot birds, you know, they just won't pose when you want them to ! !

Anyway, you can read the EXIF's, but they're all JPEG cropped to 4x6 shape for prints, with a little fine-tuning PP.

What a bunch of characters !

No I don't see a fish !  Do YOU see a fish !?!?

Long way from the ocean.  Old Hickory Lake, Nashville, Tennessee.

I'm never going to catch a thing if he keeps yelling . . . . .

I guess I could always, you know, ride the barge back down to New Orleans . . . . .

Who's yelling down there ? ? ?

OK, I AM counting backwards form ten . . . . . .

He NEVER shuts UP !

JW

Orion12
Like?
In reply to Gaijin Tourist, 10 months ago

Wonderful Captures Gaijin  The Those Gulls Look Like they Wanted to Adopt Your Camera 

Cheers from Orion 

DickyAus
Contributing MemberPosts: 873Gear list
Like?

Very nice series of photos. thanks for sharing.

A lot of people call them seagulls when in fact they are gulls. They turn up in the most unexpected places and provide some excellent photo opportunities, they are not shy.

Dicky.

DickyAus's gear list:DickyAus's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-M1 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm 1:4.8-6.7 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8
ivand
Forum MemberPosts: 97Gear list
Like?
Re: Panoramas

Three photos stitched in Hugin.

Fuji F31fd (taken last year, pp yesterday):

Nikon D80 sigma 30mm, taken few days ago:

Cheers from ivand.

ivand's gear list:ivand's gear list
Canon PowerShot A610 Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon D80
Me Tarzan
Like?

Gaijin, a striking set of images. That last one, beak open lol. I always get a kick out of seeing them do that. They are very interesting birds to study. Gregarious like many humans, too. lol

Me Tarzan
Like?
In reply to ivand, 10 months ago

A striking set of panos, ivand. Beautiful images.

ivand
Forum MemberPosts: 97Gear list
Like?

Frank, thanks very much for kind comments!

Cheers from ivand.

ivand's gear list:ivand's gear list
Canon PowerShot A610 Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Nikon D80
Jennnifer
Forum MemberPosts: 67
Like?
In reply to DickyAus, 10 months ago

DickyAus wrote:

Good capture Jennifer, it's all to easy to have all the wrong settings when these opportunities present themselves - I do it all the time When just wandering around I now leave Photometry on Spot it the forlorn hope that even if I blow everything else in my haste I will at least have the main target exposure reasonable.

Dicky.

Thanks, Dicky. I will give that a try.

Wonderful seagull pics, JW! Clever captions, too!!

Lightpath48
Senior MemberPosts: 2,337Gear list
Like?
Auto EXR Reverie

After reading so many posts (including too many of my own) on the Fujifilm FinePix Forum about how to, nor how NOT to set up Fuji EXR cameras for jpeg shooting, and sitting in for another sub-zero day, I decided to have some fun.  I turned off the LCDs, used the finders only, and shot on EXR Auto absolutely anything that delighted my eyes within the confines of our condo.  A few needed a bit of straightening or cropping in post, but here's what I came up with.  Wouldn't it be fun to have this as an assignment to loosen up the brains of photographers closed in for whatever reason, with a little playfulness?

Shadowed Tea Set

Fern Leaf, Window

Instruments for Play

Lamp with Cobweb

In for Winter

Lightpath48's gear list:Lightpath48's gear list
Nikon D3300 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR II
Me Tarzan
Like?
Re: Auto EXR Reverie
In reply to Lightpath48, 10 months ago

lol, Lightpath. Great way to spend your day. That last image stands above the rest. Beautiful shot.

Orion12
Like?
In reply to Lightpath48, 10 months ago

Lightpath48 wrote:

After reading so many posts (including too many of my own) on the Fujifilm FinePix Forum about how to, nor how NOT to set up Fuji EXR cameras for jpeg shooting, and sitting in for another sub-zero day, I decided to have some fun. I turned off the LCDs, used the finders only, and shot on EXR Auto absolutely anything that delighted my eyes within the confines of our condo. A few needed a bit of straightening or cropping in post, but here's what I came up with. Wouldn't it be fun to have this as an assignment to loosen up the brains of photographers closed in for whatever reason, with a little playfulness?

Shadowed Tea Set

Fern Leaf, Window

Instruments for Play

Lamp with Cobweb

In for Winter

Wonderful Collection of (Penned Up Winter Time) shots LightPath / Very Nice & ALL are Keepers

Here's One of My Recent ( Winter Inside Stirring ) Shots. . . I Managed to Snipe a Pepper Bottle

1,000mm from 15' Shot @ 1600-ISO & 1:1 100% Sensor Crop ( Mild PP / NO Scaling ) Dialed EXR:SN Mode

Playing with EXR : AUTO Mode & Ended Up with THIS 4-Image-Stacked into ONE ( EXR : SN + DR = 200 ) This is the ONLY HS50EXR Mode that Allows That Kind of Shot. . . I got Lucky as the Lighting was LOW, LOW, LOW + Hand-Held

Good Cheap Fun - On a Winter's Day - Cheers from Orion

Orion12
Like?

Me Tarzan wrote:

lol, Lightpath. Great way to spend your day. That last image stands above the rest. Beautiful shot.

-- hide signature --

As Usual. . . You Got it ALL WRONG Frank / LightPath's ( Tools in a Basket ) is Totally Over the Top !

Cheers from Orion 

Another Winter Idle Time - Space Launch - Practice Shot. . .

Cheers from Orion 

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads